• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 6 Nation squad 2024

SB got hold of the England team with a handful of training sessions before the 6N, in a RWC year...

You would have enjoyed a GS would you? Hahahahaha delusion!!!

SB had no time to select properly, let alone implement a gameplan, his ONLY option was to build...

Yes I would prefer a GS, 25 lions tourists, an unbeaten autumn and record wins over the SH side and go out in the quarters too lol, but your argument is not good faith.
You have an uncanny way of reframing the argument, I'm honestly not sure where you get the delusional from I never expected or even remotely considered a GS, it was you that asked if English fans would favour their WC or Irelands, I simply expanded the answer based on a international calendar as oppose to a single tournament.

I would have taken Irelands in a heart beat. Semi or quarter doesn't really matter as it's both a failure.

I'd rather have played well like ireland and have been proud.
Watching England was dire and we only got anywhere due to playing crap teams and we only just beat some of them.

IDK I think the Irish would've taken Bronze and playing poorly.

IDK I think the Irish would've taken Bronze and playing poorly.
I tend to agree with you but only in the full context of Irelands WC history. Having the backing and enthusiasm of the nation supersedes a couple of places none of particular note in a tournament.

You have an uncanny way of reframing the argument, I'm honestly not sure where you get the delusional from I never expected or even remotely considered a GS, it was you that asked if English fans would favour their WC or Irelands, I simply expanded the answer based on a international calendar as oppose to a single tournament.
I've been very consistent, SB and Gatland were thrown in at the last second, had no preparation for the 6N 2023, so neither can be judged on it.

I have always asked about RWC performance, and included warm ups as prep for that. I've compared France and Wales losing as a direct comparison for the Fiji loss, then directly compared Englands semi final to Irelands disappointing quarter.

Those who keep bringing in 6N 2023 are reframing not me.

Once again, I'm just in shock, that a Welshman being open minded and empathetic to SB's situation, is having to explain why SB's RWC was a success.

Like any other NH team wouldnt have killed to play a semi final.

I would have taken Irelands in a heart beat. Semi or quarter doesn't really matter as it's both a failure.

I'd rather have played well like ireland and have been proud.
Watching England was dire and we only got anywhere due to playing crap teams and we only just beat some of them.
That's a disservice to Argentina, who were slight favourites v England, and Englands performance after the red was top class.

I dont cheers for other NH teams, but I do recognise a quality performance when I see one. At the final whistle I was in a French bar and nearly half the Welsh crowd applauded that England team, albeit begrudgingly. That's a pretty big compliment.

I'd also argue they deserved to beat SA, and as much of the talk was for the SA v France reffing, I believe that was ok, but England were done up harshly!
Do you know how hard this is to laud English performances?!?!?!

I've been very consistent, SB and Gatland were thrown in at the last second, had no preparation for the 6N 2023, so neither can be judged on it.

I have always asked about RWC performance, and included warm ups as prep for that. I've compared France and Wales losing as a direct comparison for the Fiji loss, then directly compared Englands semi final to Irelands disappointing quarter.

Once again, I'm just in shock, that a Welshman being open minded and empathetic to SB's situation, is having to explain why SB's RWC was a success.

Your insistance England are the best performing six nations team. Then ignore the 6 nations resuts with the evidence of 15 or so games. The level of opponents not taken into account etc might have also had something to do with it.

Nobody is denying people would have killed for a WC result and group draw like Englands. What people are saying is that simply all together a 3rd place at a RWC isn't evidence of England playing well, being better than France or Ireland or being the best performing team in the 6 nations. It's not difficult.

Your insistance England are the best performing six nations team. Then ignore the 6 nations resuts with the evidence of 15 or so games. The level of opponents not taken into account etc might have also had something to do with it.

Nobody is denying people would have killed for a WC result and group draw like Englands. What people are saying is that simply all together a 3rd place at a RWC isn't evidence of England playing well, being better than France or Ireland or being the best performing team in the 6 nations. It's not difficult.
Dont be bad faith, my exact words were 'England were the best performing 6N team at the RWC'

How can you possibly deny that, they went furthest. And why would you add the 6N into that statement, do you honestly believe it's fair to compare Farrell or Galthie's performance at the 6N with SB or Gatlands? That would be ludicrous.

Why is everyone still feeding?
I know there's not a huge amount to talk about until... this evening; but still.
This is the sort of biting I expect next week, not this.

FTR, not making any accusations of trolling, it's pure un-original WUMmery; and somehow, it seems to be working about 6-8 times better than the bait deserves.

Last edited:

Wouldnt bother on here...i tried and failed.

PS stop Wumming :)

Dont be bad faith, my exact words were 'England were the best performing 6N team at the RWC'

How can you possibly deny that, they went furthest. And why would you add the 6N into that statement, do you honestly believe it's fair to compare Farrell or Galthie's performance at the 6N with SB or Gatlands? That would be ludicrous.
You are either a poorly educated simpleton or welsh (same thing really),

But performance and results in a competition are two different things.

Yes England topped the WC in terms of 6 nations teams but their performances were generally poor.

So we're England the best performing team from the 6 nations at the World Cup? No we weren't.

Actually I think results are the only valid objective measure of sporting performance (except for sports with judging like ice skating and gymnastics). It depends on how you want to interpret those results. Based on the last tournament then we are world number 3. If it is based on World Rugby rankings then we are world number 5. If you base it on what most of us think in this forum then we are about world number 6 (assuming Scotland deserve to be above us). If you are a blazing pessimist then you can stick a few more countries like Argentina and Fiji above us. Personally I care a lot less about our rating than I do about seeing visible improvements every game via attractive 15 man rugby.

Why is everyone still feeding?
I know there's not a huge amount to talk about until... this evening; but still.
This is the sort of biting I expect next week, not this.

FTR, not making any accusations of trolling, it's pure un-original WUMmery; and somehow, it seems to be working about 6-8 times better than the bait deserves.
WUMery..

A disclosed Welshman, showing empathy to the mountain of a task the English national team coach faced when starting his role a few weeks before a 6N tournament, in a RWC year, with a disheveled and down trodden squad...

and PRAISING said manager, on his build toward a RWC semi final.

How am I being viewed as attempting to wind anyone up? I am genuinely baffled by this!

You are either a poorly educated simpleton or welsh (same thing really),

But performance and results in a competition are two different things.

Yes England topped the WC in terms of 6 nations teams but their performances were generally poor.

So we're England the best performing team from the 6 nations at the World Cup? No we weren't.
Performance - action or process of performing a task or function.

Task, win games, get as far in RWC as possible.

Steve Borthwick was the best performing coach at the RWC from the 6N fact!

I'm going to stop fighting his corner here, because it's clear nobody has any real experience in high level coaching, season planning or performance production, otherwise the criticism of Borthwick would be put in its proper context.

So you've all convinced me, I'm on board, SB is useless, will kick 90% posession and I'm cheering for Italy to show England how it's done lol

Performance - action or process of performing a task or function.

Task, win games, get as far in RWC as possible.

Steve Borthwick was the best performing coach at the RWC from the 6N fact!

I'm going to stop fighting his corner here, because it's clear nobody has any real experience in high level coaching, season planning or performance production, otherwise the criticism of Borthwick would be put in its proper context.

So you've all convinced me, I'm on board, SB is useless, will kick 90% posession and I'm cheering for Italy to show England how it's done lol
You've just demonstrated your true colours mate.

If you rearrange Dirty Harry it spells Steve Borthwick.

You've just demonstrated your true colours mate.

If you rearrange Dirty Harry it spells Steve Borthwick.
My true colours lol, mocking those angry that SB is doing a good job, but has a very important 6N ahead of him not the good grace of the situation has gone, and the transition from plugging holes to developing a world class team is paramount.

Latest posts