• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 6 Nation squad 2024

This was kind of my point regarding my Cole and Marler comments...

Smaller nations are forced to build and develop players, allowing them more time to grow, whereas England have the luxury of the production line of talent, and can replace more easily.
Through as things show there is not the depth in every position to replace easily.

Through as things show there is not the depth in every position to replace easily.
Englands problem is lack of deph at a few key positions. The worrying thing is it's been a known problem for years.

As others have said most squads have the same problem.

Sounds like Mitchell might be out of this week - got an infected cut, hasn't trained this week yet. If he trains before team selection then who knows, though

Care to start? Would love it to be Spencer - do rate Care but realistically he's unlikely to be around next season (internationally at least), would rather get as many minutes into Spencer as we can

Sounds like Mitchell might be out of this week - got an infected cut, hasn't trained this week yet. If he trains before team selection then who knows, though

Care to start? Would love it to be Spencer - do rate Care but realistically he's unlikely to be around next season (internationally at least), would rather get as many minutes into Spencer as we can
I feel like Spencer might be more realistic tbh

So from the original squad we've lost Beard, Isiekwe, Lawrence, LCD and M Smith as a minimum for Italy and probably longer for most of those.

Mitchell's a doubt while Genge and Underhill have barely played recently.

And that's before you even think about those like Martin and T Curry who weren't named through injury and then those unavailable through France, retirement etc.

Sub optimal. If Italy have their **** together they'll be scenting blood.

The woeful Italian side we saw in the RWC isn't a true reflection of them, but it's also their first game under a new coach. We're a lot more depleted than I'd like us to be which is a bit of a leveller, but I would be extremely disappointed if we don't have enough to beat them. They might be 'scenting blood', but that doesn't mean they're able to pull off a result.

The woeful Italian side we saw in the RWC isn't a true reflection of them, but it's also their first game under a new coach. We're a lot more depleted than I'd like us to be which is a bit of a leveller, but I would be extremely disappointed if we don't have enough to beat them. They might be 'scenting blood', but that doesn't mean they're able to pull off a result.
Italy have usually been at their strongest in the first week of the tournament, and, with a new coach and England's injury list slowly building, I'm a little nervous about the result this weekend.

Borthwick clearly subscribed to the Eddie Jones mentality of camp training, what doesn't injure you makes you stronger. Genuinely would be interesting to know how the number of injuries we pick up in training compares to other nations, it feels much higher but that may be bias.

I'd expect a starting pair of Care and Ford. With Daly on the wing. Anything else would blow SBs spreadsheet preparation out of the water

Italy have usually been at their strongest in the first week of the tournament, and, with a new coach and England's injury list slowly building, I'm a little nervous about the result this weekend.
Maybe, but last season's 6 Nations was a high point for them and a low point for us and not much changed.

It doesn't but the fact we're even talking in this vein says a lot.

Borthwick clearly subscribed to the Eddie Jones mentality of camp training, what doesn't injure you makes you stronger. Genuinely would be interesting to know how the number of injuries we pick up in training compares to other nations, it feels much higher but that may be bias.

Some were match injuries in fairness but it's not great.

What's the list of training ground injuries this year?
I haven't been paying much attention beyond noting a few names dropping out.
The ones that come to mind don't really count:
Lawrence injured during a match
Isiekwe (?) Illness
Whoever it was with an infection

Latest posts