• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2023/24

If Slade is out for quite a while which looks likely...where do you go with the centers?

Do you look at bringing a 12 in and moving OL to his natural 13..or keep OL at 12 and bring in another 13..
13 seems to be the leader in England's defensive system. While moving to outside centre suits Lawrence in attack, I'm not sure he's up to the defensive side of what's needed.

I'd prefer to leave him at 12 and bring Dingwall in at 13.

Saints have injury issues at the start of the season - seen a number of people predicting Freeman will be involved in the centres early doors
Had forgotten about Will Joseph - big fan, would like to see him in the mix
Will Masai White be expected to get many minutes for sale this season?
Hope not, he's been genuinely terrible
I'm hoping he gets sent out on loan for the whole season to a champ side to get experience and go from there

Hope not, he's genuinely terrible

Should be out on loan for the season seeing if he's up to senior rugby IMO
Not seen much of him at all...just heard all the hype a few years back as the "next Manu"..

Not seen much of him at all...just heard all the hype a few years back as the "next Manu"..
People see his surname and think that, but he's not particularly big and doesn't carry particularly hard - definitely a 13 not a crash ball 12, think when he went to Caldy he was going to be playing wing for them, but the game got cancelled

Saints have injury issues at the start of the season - seen a number of people predicting Freeman will be involved in the centres early doors
Had forgotten about Will Joseph - big fan, would like to see him in the mix

Hope not, he's been genuinely terrible
I'm hoping he gets sent out on loan for the whole season to a champ side to get experience and go from there
Yes. He started really well for Quins prior to his injury. If he's fit, I think he could become a really important player for us and possibly for England.

Yes. He started really well for Quins prior to his injury. If he's fit, I think he could become a really important player for us and possibly for England.
How do you fit Beard, Joseph and Northmore in to your Quins side?
What about Nick David, he always impresses me when i see him

How do you fit Beard, Joseph and Northmore in to your Quins side?
What about Nick David, he always impresses me when i see him
Northmore at 12, Joseph at 13 and Beard in the 23 shirt covering wing and centre.

Part of that is a case of getting our best players on the pitch but I also think there's some merit to it.

Northmore isn't a 12. However, we haven't signed a direct replacement for Esterhuizen and (at least right now), Luke is probably the best option to fill in. With a run of games to bed in to the shirt, I think it could actually work. Kerr might well be fast tracked and we also have Anyanwu (who I don't really rate) and Bryn Bradley (ex Wales U20).

David starts on one of the wings for me and would have done so regardless of Murley's injury.

Not sure about this...

I just see "not found".

Was your post about this?

I understand why they've agreed to it, but I don't like it.

I fear I'll live long enough to see penalties, tries, and conversions sponsored. "That's a fantastic Santander Try in the corner from Breitling Feyi-Wabosi!"

I just see "not found".

Was your post about this?

I understand why they've agreed to it, but I don't like it.

I fear I'll live long enough to see penalties, tries, and conversions sponsored. "That's a fantastic Santander Try in the corner from Breitling Feyi-Wabosi!"

Hate this soooo much! I get it... money talks...and as said by Olly I hope they got a hell of alot for this.

But come on! It's Twickenham...

Lame,
I hope they got mega paid and they actually do some good with it

I doubt either is the case though
Disgusting.
Just because they've caused years of financial mismanagement, we have to re-brand Rugby's most iconic stadium.
No-one will call it anything other than Twickers…..just like no-one calls the Saints anything other than the Gardens.

Im sure the money will get spend on a higher salary for the grossly overpaid Sweeny or one of his stupid initiatives like T1, or his D&I marketing or his obsession with the ladies game. I jest (ever so slightly).

Twickenham needs a lot of work doing to it and I wonder if this will fund that or part of it.

Hate the name. Is there any study to suggest renaming a stadium after a sponsor actually increases the sale to that company?

Like the Aviva in Dublin, I always refer to it as Lansdowne Road.

Like how the South Africa sides have sponsors in their names. Ridiculous.

Just make the deal but keep the name, and have loads of adverts for the sponsors in the stadiums.

Hate the name. Is there any study to suggest renaming a stadium after a sponsor actually increases the sale to that company?
Wonder if it's more at the B2B level than getting rugby fans swapping their insurance provider or whatever allianz do

Wining and dining potential clients in their private box at the rugger etc.

First the Saints badge now this. My cup is over flowing with sponsors and brand recognition.

Wonder if it's more at the B2B level than getting rugby fans swapping their insurance provider or whatever allianz do

Wining and dining potential clients in their private box at the rugger etc.
And simply raising brand awareness by having commentators use the name whilst millions hear it.
I doubt that anyone will switch insurance providers because of it. But if someone is looking to change insurance, Alliance will be that but more familiar as a name.

As for the change itself, I only have 2 words.

Ewww
&
Gross

I wouldn't mind so much if that money went to the grass roots and growing the game at lower levels. I have a sneaking suspicion it will just be more piled in at the top where the toffee nosed tossers oversee the slow death of the game.

I wouldn't mind so much if that money went to the grass roots and growing the game at lower levels. I have a sneaking suspicion it will just be more piled in at the top where the toffee nosed tossers oversee the slow death of the game.
Read it online that it's 10million a year for 10 years. Amazing for grassroots and building the Championship etc but I fear your prediction may be right without a clear out.

Latest posts