• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Proudfoot is going,
Dick Cock as sole forwards coach?

Borthwick coaches forwards aswell doesn't he?

Are there sources for the various rumours about squad and coaching flying around?

I would of thought they would of had a guy in for attack coach already. Maybe they really are going to be running with Gleeson, just got to hope Eddie held him back I guess? Personally, I feel like it was just shown that Blackett was the actual guy there.

Blackett, Vesty or Evans would be my guys.

Borthwick coaches forwards aswell doesn't he?
Yeah I'd imagine he'd be heavily involved in lineout coaching but not sure whether him or Cock have significant experience coaching the scrum - which is my main worry

Sounds like he's gone. Doesn't exactly feel like a step up.

I mean, fair enough, if he knew he wasnt wanted, he wouldnt have his contract reneweed I respect going and getting something else rather than just collecting the paycheque.

Borthwick had Wigglesworth as a player/coach at Tigers. Maybe Coley can be player/scrum coach with England (mostly joking but also unironically bet he'd be an incredible scrum coach).

Brett Hodgson also confirmed released as D coach.

Brett Hodgson also confirmed released as D coach.

I thought he was a daft appointment in the first place. But you've feel sorry for him on a personal level, being moved on before he's had the chance to make any kind of impact.

How do they handle a termination like this? Too soon for being sacked for underperformance, role's not redundant as he's being replaced. Guess it's just a negotiated settlement? Wonder how much he'll have cost.

This whole episode will be costing the Rfu alot of money...

Danny Kerry has also gone after just a couple of months. More compensation presumably.

Further questions the RFU ability to lead though.

I don't know how it works in practice but presumably subject to budget the head coach gets free rein over his coaching team?

In this article it says Hodgson never actually even coached England as he was only appointed during the AIs and shadowed Seibold. Shows just how knee-jerk the decision to sack Jones was.

So as it stands what is the current coaching set up?

Wish they'd say who they've called into the mini camp today,

T.Curry, J.Hill and Rodd aren't there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts