• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Davies defuses Wales-Ireland row

C

Cymro

Lions team manager Gerald Davies says the row between possible captain Paul O'Connell and Warren Gatland is over.

Gatland sparked a war of words with O'Connell ahead of Ireland's Grand Slam-clinching win over Gatland's Wales at the weekend with pre-match comments.

The Wales coach said his players disliked Ireland's more than any other of the Six Nations, later backtracking.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/7968834.stm

it'll be never over if people like Davies keep bringing it up and saying it's all over, the only way it'll be over is by ignoring it completely.

I've viewed it as 'over' since the start. It was only a bit of banter, though every body's overreacted and been childish over it.

that's the thing, mountain out of a molehill, but there was always going to be a riposte after the match from someone in the Ireland camp.

I don't understand the row.
Ireland were good. Wales were not.
6N over - let's get on with the lions!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Mar 28 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
6N over - let's get on with the lions![/b]

Hold on I'll just run you through it one more time.

In pre-match press talk, Ireland coach calls Wales chokers and expresses how the Irish team dislikes the Welsh more than England (the ultimate insult if you ask me). Wales dont respond.

Irish coach later calls it a back handed compliment.

Wales say they will do their talking on the pitch.

Wales beat Ireland. Irish coach says somthing like "you have to be magnanimous in defeat".

Wales player tells Irish coach where to stick his ego.

They all go on tour happliy ever after?

Well thats how I saw it, though maybe I got it a little mixed up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Mar 29 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Mar 28 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hold on I'll just run you through it one more time.

In pre-match press talk, Ireland coach calls Wales chokers and expresses how the Irish team dislikes the Welsh more than England (the ultimate insult if you ask me). Wales dont respond.
[/b][/quote]

We're really sorry. We didn't mean it, honest! ;)

Yeah, I'm not happy that this is being brought up again. I think Gatland behaved like a child but the comments were SLIGHTLY tongue-in-cheek. It's been blown out of proportion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GimleyUK @ Mar 29 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Mar 28 2009, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
easy butt.. they only beat us by two meters
[/b][/quote]

But they did unfortunately.

That's the way the cookie crumbles. And this just happened to be a giant monster of a cookie. A cookie monster if you will.
Okay, I'm talking rubbish now. B)

I'm confused.

cookiemonster.jpg

COOKIE MONSTER.

Latest posts