• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup: Round 7

Easy win in the end, Griquas missing out on a 4th try and a BP.

WP going up to 20 points, tied with the Lions and Sharks who still play each other in 2 hours.

The follow-up question would be: Will Fouche leap-frog Lambie, Jantjies and Goosen for the Springbok fly-half position?

Lambie needs to play regularly at 10, with Jantjies as his back-up. We need a coach who understands that. Otherwise, I would be happy to let him move to WP if it means he will get serious gametime as a fly-half.

Lambie needs to play regularly at 10, with Jantjies as his back-up. We need a coach who understands that. Otherwise, I would be happy to let him move to WP if it means he will get serious gametime as a fly-half.
Whoa, whoa. Take it easy bru. ;)

The Jantjies to Sharks reports worry me. Likewise, I don't want Franco van der Merwe in the team over Marais x 2, and du Toit.

Andy seems to think Jaco Taute is going to be called up.

Last edited:
Internet is being ****.
Nice try Cobus! Bondesio should be dropped for that. Shocking.

Sharks are playing good but the ball handling is poor. Too many errors leading up to possible tries. We scored 2 but missed at least 3 (1 unfairly judged as offisde).

Sharks are playing good but the ball handling is poor. Too many errors leading up to possible tries. We scored 2 but missed at least 3 (1 unfairly judged as offisde).

Botes, Daniel, and Reinach looking lively.
We certainly blew a great opportunity in the first few minutes.

Sharks throwing the win away, as usual... Man, why can't we hang on to a lead???

****ing hell. We've just let one of the worst wings I've ever seen score.
How many opportunities have we blown?? Don't worry, McLeod is on.

****s sake.

There we go... Sharks are useless at Ellis Park. At least we have a coastal game in the Super 15 next season in stead of this nightmare... Bad, bad, bad.... Pathetic

Wow I thought I was done at half, but my Lions pick on the bru was positively inspired!!!

Plumtree is a ****.
Why sub Reinach off? McLeod's useless passing led to the knock on and his slow distribution killed any momentum.

And I'm ****ing sick of Meyer keeping players he isn't going to use.
We could have had Lambie for the past months with no impact on the Springboks. Daniel as well.

Today we lost because our players clearly are not capable of playing for 80 minutes. Same with the match at Loftus. Why? Because of the altitude. We cannot get used to it. It's the downside of playing for a coastal side like WP or the Sharks. Both Gauteng teams have a major advantage in that area.

On top of that, we should have won to be honest. The Lions' first try was a clear knock-on by Jaco Kriel at the final breakdown before the try. The TMO judged it to be inconclusive, but you can clearly see the ball moving forward and the spinning of the ball changing after it hits Kriel's hand. Jason Jaftha was awful as well, as he is almost every week. Ever since he started refereeing at this level, I've had my doubts and today there weer numerous calls going the way of the home team. Jaftha is a real home-team referee. Whenever we play in Durban and Jaftha is in control, we get the weirdest calls in our favor. All the time...

We are still in second place but I really hope the Lions lose in the semi finals because a Currie Cup final at altitude is just not working for us.

So many little things today. Keegan offloads properly, second try for Reinach.
Bosman makes both cons, down by two. TMO makes the right call, down by one.

Embarrassing though. McLeod was dire, why bring him on???
Chadwick can't cut it, simple.

Congrats to WP on that big win
thumbsup.gif

It's been 90 minutes since the loss and I am still ******. I expected the home teams to all win and my SuperBru predictions were spot on but the 2 Lions tries were the result of ignorance from the referee.