• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup: Round 7

I prefer Nic Groom as I want to see us score tries. Guess AC and I don't see eye to eye.
WP scoring tries? That's practically blaphemy!

In all seriousness though I'm loving the WP currie cup side, it's a shame we won't see likes of Groom and Brache in Super Rugby, honestly I think Schreuder is a decent player, but he's more the safe tactical kicking type of scrummie as far as I can see, where as Groom has the potential to be a game breaker.

At least Catrakilis should get game time next year :p.

You really think Brache won't get gametime? If he keeps on performing like this, JdV will retire earlier than intended. Maybe he will move to PE ;)

You really think Brache won't get gametime? If he keeps on performing like this, JdV will retire earlier than intended. Maybe he will move to PE ;)
I'd love to see him get game time don't get me wrong, but I can't help but think AC is always going to take the conservative route.

edit: As for Brache moving to PE, him and Andries would be quite a hot combo :p, especially outside Catrakilis.

Imagine if the Kings would attract some players who have talent but have too much competition at their current teams or won't play Super Rugby (Lions players):

1. Frans Malherbe
2. Craig Burden
3. Wiehahn Herbst
4. Steven Sykes
5. Franco van der Merwe
6. Jacques Botes
7. Willem Alberts
8. Davon Raubenheimer
9. Jano Vermaak
10.Demetri Catrakilis
11.Odwa Ndungane
12.Andries Strauss
13.Marcel Brache
14.Akona Ndungane
15.Jaco Taute

That would be a very, very competitive team!!!

Haha as future kings supporter I'm under no illusions that we'll actually win any games :p.
I'm just happy, I can finally watch live games.

For what it's worth I still think Luke Watson has some gas in the tank, so that's the one position where I really think we're fine.
It looks like Cheeky wants to recruit a few argies which would be fantastic IMO.

Anyway if we're going to talk about the Kings we should post in my Kings thread (although it does seem like it would be almost impossible for people to care any less ;) ).

Imagine if the Kings would attract some players who have talent but have too much competition at their current teams or won't play Super Rugby (Lions players):

1. Frans Malherbe
2. Craig Burden
3. Wiehahn Herbst
4. Steven Sykes
5. Franco van der Merwe
6. Jacques Botes
7. Willem Alberts
8. Davon Raubenheimer
9. Jano Vermaak
10.Demetri Catrakilis
11.Odwa Ndungane
12.Andries Strauss
13.Marcel Brache
14.Akona Ndungane
15.Jaco Taute

That would be a very, very competitive team!!!

********, don't send Botes to the Kings.

With Daniel, Deysel, Alberts, Kanko, Coetzee and Stander we have every position double-covered. Botes earned his chance to cash in. EP apparently has money to spend so why not? I just hope Kanko won't move there. He is from PE originally...

Well well... Ahead of the clash at the Coke Tin, 2 Lions are rumoured to sign with the Sharks province. Franco van der Merwe and Elton Jantjies...

If Plum is playing Lambie at full-back, I will personally travel to Durban and I will moer him! Lambie is our best fly-half, Ludik our best full-back. Don't mess that up. Jantjies can be our backup fly-half.

Well well... Ahead of the clash at the Coke Tin, 2 Lions are rumoured to sign with the Sharks province. Franco van der Merwe and Elton Jantjies...

If Plum is playing Lambie at full-back, I will personally travel to Durban and I will moer him! Lambie is our best fly-half, Ludik our best full-back. Don't mess that up. Jantjies can be our backup fly-half.

Lol!

your likeness in Lambie is becoming a nuisance!!

What about this line-up:

9. Conrad Hoffman
10. Elton Jantjes
11. Lwazi Mvovo
12. Frans Steyn
13. Pat Lambie
14. Riaan Viljoen/Ndungane/Sithole
15. Ludick

****! thats some serious firepower!

How about this:

9. Reinach
10.Lambie
11.Mvovo
12.Whitehead
13.Jordaan
14.Pietersen
15.Ludik

backup:

9. McLeod
10.Jantjies
11.Sithole
12.Bosman
13.Joubert
14.Ndungane
15.Viljoen

Moer, must add that one to my dictionary.
As awful as I feel saying it, I would back Patrick 100% if he left for another team to be treated better.
He doesn't deserve this. Remember discussing this about two years ago?

Considering Francois Steyn is... out of form to say the least, Lambie to inside centre. I do like Whitehead, excellent signing, whoever spotted him deserves a raise.

True. Hoffmann still has to wait for a decent chance because the knock on-King McLeod is Plum's favorite. Now Reinach is coming through the ranks giving Hoffmann even less chance to make a name for himself. He should move to Griquas or something. He had to compete with Michalak and Cronje as well.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Only 1 more hour before the round starts!!!

Griquas arrived in Cape Town and can win for the first time since 1911

Cheetahs have only won once at Loftus in 5 years

Sharks have not won at Ellis Park since 2008 and only twice in the last 10 years

The home teams have a huge advantage today.

Western Province sending a message so far, and sloppy from Griquas, they have had two intercepts run back for tries, WP already with the bonus point a little over half an hour in.

Can you record the match for me as well? My recording is messed up and I cannot record a re-run since there is none.

Can you record the match for me as well? My recording is messed up and I cannot record a re-run since there is none.

I'm just going to use the old VHS tapes sorry Zeq.

Edit: Don't have a DVR yet, will probably pick one up when the VHS totally conks out.

Edit Edit: Sinclair with a late try, hopefully redeeming himself with the coaching staff and fan base after last week's unfortunate incident.

Last edited: