• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Dogs can save us, while cats can carry it.

How much more evidence do we need that confirms how much better dogs are than cats?

a bit unfair to bag on cats because they can suffer form a virus we spread ;o)

gabe.jpg

Last edited:
**** me sometimes I'm really happy to live in my bubble echo chamber, just seen a person asking for how to get his kid tested (he asked my sister about it) refer to it Chinese Aids....
And it probably didn't even originate in China. That's just where a case was first identified. Later, A French case was identified from an earlier period. And with no links to China. So there is no basis to think it originated in China.

And it probably didn't even originate in China. That's just where a case was first identified. Later, A French case was identified from an earlier period. And with no links to China. So there is no basis to think it originated in China.

I heard a news story this past week that it may have actually originated in Indonesia. But it's still speculative at this point.

Last edited:
That case was identified on 27 December, the Wuhan crisis was officially identified in December and is suspected to have really started in November. From the information we have there is definitely a basis to believe it originated there, it's still almost certain*. The questions arising now are if everyone was extremely late to identify it, many European countries had bad flu seasons and thought nothing of it until the French case.

*I don't think it really matters where it originated, it's fairly obvious 99% of the world wasn't ready for it and considering the difficulty of identifying it early on it doesn't reflect too badly on anyone. (Chinese wet markets aside)

"His [Johnsons] personal approval ratings peaked shortly after his discharge from hospital. You will note the irony that the voters thought they liked him best as prime minister when he had been absent from the job."

Yeah that made me chuckle as well. Bojo got the public sympathy when he was ill, but boy he's gonna get it in the neck with his missed Cobra meetings in January/February at a future public enquiry and his absolute pig's ear of messing up care homes. He is lazy on the detail and has come across as such his entire career.

Yeah that made me chuckle as well. Bojo got the public sympathy when he was ill, but boy he's gonna get it in the neck with his missed Cobra meetings in January/February at a future public enquiry and his absolute pig's ear of messing up care homes. He is lazy on the detail and has come across as such his entire career.

The fact Starmer used to be a Barrister will be exactly the sort of thing to take on Johnson. Johnson is all about bluffing and blustering your way through something and dodging details whilst Starmer is very much about detail and picking up on inconsistencies. I don't think this is the first time Johnson will be in trouble for his lack of care or attention. Bluster, pointing with your fists, waving the Union flag and gurgling "Britain!" can only get you so far when being presented with facts.

"The PM tends to sway the way of whoever talked to him last"

Read this humorous quote in another forum which sort of backs up the infamous Sunday Times article.

I'm starting to wonder if he'll see out the five year term. I'm not convinced he's cut out for what in theory should be an intense and extremely stressful job. He's more of a campaigner. If his heart's not in it then it's surely a matter of time before he trips up over negligence.

Last edited:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/ameri...cally-disappear-in-november-after-us-election

"You watch, they'll milk it every single day between now and November 3. And guess what, after November 3, coronavirus will magically, all of a sudden, go away and disappear and everybody will be able to reopen." - Eric Trump

even putting aside the unimaginable sense of self importance, good job trivialising it as something that can just be stopped on a whim

Teachers in the UK are really getting some abuse from the right-wing media due to their concerns about going back to the classroom.

Strange that the government are pushing for public schools to head back but most private schools are not going back to September.

What's it like in other countries for demonising a particular part of society for concerns about returning to work?

Biggest issue for me is why are we focused on groups least likely to adhere to social distancing.

Methinks it's because they are least likely to need care at home. It's all driven by a get employees back to work rather than healthcare.

It's all driven by a get employees back to work rather than healthcare.

Totally agree.

Why do you think they are thinking of pulling in everyone in the lowest two years of primary school?

They are leaving it up to the parents to decide as to whether its a good idea to leave a 7 year old at home unsupervised all day. Would never admit to that though - but its almost certainly part of the un-minuted thoughts.

Latest Excess Deaths stats from the ONS.
By my reckoning, that's 49647 excess deaths since March 14th. 60.5% increase, despite this week seeing the non-Covid deaths below the average

They've also included the "normal" range, rather than just the average this week.
98366067_690389491534754_9177943175627538432_o.jpg

I've also gone throught the official infection rates stats for my local area; for anyone who's interested (or inspired to do their own)
98343631_690390491534654_8329598177304903680_o.jpg

Teachers in the UK are really getting some abuse from the right-wing media due to their concerns about going back to the classroom.

Strange that the government are pushing for public schools to head back but most private schools are not going back to September.

What's it like in other countries for demonising a particular part of society for concerns about returning to work?
98181302_617196145563974_2141292847779807232_n.jpg

Latest posts