• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bok Barometer

seems our boyos are going to nambia for some time before the world cup to bond and become a unit instead of provincial units. i think its a good idea and am delighted to see that the bokke are coming to edinburgh haha

seems our boyos are going to nambia for some time before the world cup to bond and become a unit instead of provincial units. i think its a good idea and am delighted to see that the bokke are coming to edinburgh haha
[/b]

Hopefully no kamp staaldraad again.

But I don't hink they'd ever be as stupd as to do something like that again ;)

Week 13
My Team of the week!

15.Johan Roets
14.Brent Russell
13.Jean de Villiers
12.Brad Barrit
11.Bryan Habana
10.Peter Grant
9.Fourie du Preez
8.Joe van Niekerk
7.AJ Venter
6.Luke Watson
5.Victor Matfield
4.Bakkies Botha
3.Deon Carstens
2.Gary Botha
1.Heinke van der Merwe (The scrum KING)

One or 2 differences in my week 13 picks, here goes:

15- Percy Montgomery
14- JP Pietersen
13- Jean De Villiers
12- Wynand Olivier
11- Bryan Habana
10- Peter Grant
9- Fourie Du Preez
8- AJ Venter
7- Schalk Burger
6- Luke Watson
5- Vic Matfield
4- Bakkies Botha
3- ? Rayno Gerber or Brian Mujati for my money, since Botha wasn`t in action.
2- John Smit
1- Heinke V D Merwe, the Once and Future King!

Here is an interesting question, who do you guys think should be our RWC front rows?

For my money, 1st choice is Steenkamp/Smit/BJ Botha, and 2nd choice Gary Botha as hooker, that much is pretty easy IMO. But who`s the 2nd-choice tighthead- CJ for his versatality- he can cover 3 or 1, Mujati who looks a solid investment for the future, or maybe even a Cobus Visagie? And who`s the bckup at loosehead-King Os, or Future King Heinke, or even Deon Carstens, who can also cover 3?

I think taking Deon might be useful as him, Smit and Botha work so well together and have pretty much dominated the 14's together. It would be good to if they can do it on an international level together

yeah casrtens has been an absolute rock in the last few games, I can remeber him on a number of occasions driving players back in defence

I'm wondering about Cobus Visagie myself.

Wasn't he one of the few people who could scrum big OS right off the park ?
I thought he was pretty decent in the World XV game last year.

I'm wondering about Cobus Visagie myself.

Wasn't he one of the few people who could scrum big OS right off the park ?
I thought he was pretty decent in the World XV game last year.
[/b]

Yup, that was him alright- also made mincemeat of Deon Carstens in that World XV game last year. The thing is, if rumour is to be believed, Jake White did have a meeting with big Cobus during last year`s EOYT up North.

Now, if only Nick Mallett can convince Cobus to come back to Province, half of our light 5 problems would be solved. Question remains: how in hell did we ever let the big guy go?

Pretty easy selection this week: 7 random Sharks in the back and 8 random Bulls up front hey. No, seriously, here goes:

15- Percy Montgomery
14- Frans Steyn
13- Waylon Murray
12- Wynand Olivier
11- Bryan Habana
10- Peter Grant- imagine if he was pulling the strings behind either the Sharks or Bulls powerhouse packs
9- Heinie Adams(?)- never in a million years Bok quality, but really shone behind a dominant Bulls pack
8- Pierre Spies
7- Wikus van Heerden
6- Schalk Burger
5- Vic Matfield
4- Danie Rossouw
3- Rayno Gerber- ok, so BJ is way ahead of him in the Bok pecking order, but this week`s Bulls pack was just soooo dominant.
2- Gary Botha
1- Guthro Steenkamp

My Team

15.Percy Montgomery
14.Frans Steyn
13.Jaque Fourie
12.Brad Barrit
11.Bryan Habanna
10.Peter Grant
9.Heinie Adams(From the Adams Family Weird People)
8.Pierre Spies
7.Schalck Burger
6.Luke Watson
5.Victor Matfield(only for his lineouts)
4.Danie Rossouw
3.Rayno Gerber
2.Gary Botha
1.Gurtho Steekamp

Latest posts