• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bok Barometer

Bok, well if you wouldnt take him as a loosie take him as a replacement number 8 then you have an extremly versatile loose trio with extremely versatile replacements. Floors doesnt jump out at me as an impact sub more of just a regular sub and AJ isnt exactly going to change the game with a burst of flair.

If he continues to dominate in games then i can see him being in with a shout, especially with his experience. Im sure he still has this flair

<div class='quotemain'>
I don`t know, but my thoughts on him are well known by now.
[/b]

i'd be interested to hear those thoughts?
[/b][/quote]

Very skillful rugby player, but prone to go things alone, running away from his support carriers etc. Also, his comments of last year don`t wash well with me, I certainly wouldn`t like to run onto the field with a bloke who has basically made it clear to the whole world that he doesn`t rate me- and that`s exactly what he did last year, calling the entire Bok team a joke, calling certain senior Bok players` ability into question. and generally playing the poor little victim in a personal saga.

If you really want to know, I consider him a serious liability in a team set-up. Not a team man IMO- and one of the main reasons that the Stormers are struggling to put things together as a team. How can guys like Schalk and JDV respect their captain if he basically called them shite to the whole world?

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Very skillful rugby player, but prone to go things alone, running away from his support carriers etc. Also, his comments of last year don`t wash well with me, I certainly wouldn`t like to run onto the field with a bloke who has basically made it clear to the whole world that he doesn`t rate me- and that`s exactly what he did last year, calling the entire Bok team a joke, calling certain senior Bok players` ability into question. and generally playing the poor little victim in a personal saga.

If you really want to know, I consider him a serious liability in a team set-up. Not a team man IMO- and one of the main reasons that the Stormers are struggling to put things together as a team. How can guys like Schalk and JDV respect their captain if he basically called them shite to the whole world?
[/b][/quote]

fair point, while im aware of the White/Watson saga I don't actually know much about the whole situation, they have these 'pick luke watson' watson ads on rugby 365 and i know there was a huge call for him to be included in the squad, attitidue and personality aside how good is he really?

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

fair point, while im aware of the White/Watson saga I don't actually know much about the whole situation, they have these 'pick luke watson' watson ads on rugby 365 and i know there was a huge call for him to be included in the squad, attitidue and personality aside how good is he really?
[/b][/quote]

Talent-wise, right up there I reckon. Excellent on the floor, very good at linking with the backs, very good at carrying the ball up. Doesn`t try to run straight over the opposition, but generally tries to step before contact almost like what Bakkies does, and this ensures that he gets over the gain-line more often than not. But also prone to the odd error in judgement, like the hospital pass last weekend which resulted in a turnover, and in Wynand Olivier`s try.

Hope Bobby is going to France to play for the Boks at the world cup!!!!!!!!!!

Talent-wise, right up there I reckon. Excellent on the floor, very good at linking with the backs, very good at carrying the ball up. Doesn`t try to run straight over the opposition, but generally tries to step before contact almost like what Bakkies does, and this ensures that he gets over the gain-line more often than not. But also prone to the odd error in judgement, like the hospital pass last weekend which resulted in a turnover, and in Wynand Olivier`s try.
[/b]

I actually think he's my #6 for this weeks' bok barometer, played an excellent game at newlands.

Bob also had an excellent game at #8, it was only a matter of time before he got a try again, glad to see that it was with him playing in his traditional #8 role.

he's still got it baby.

My team of the week for Round 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15.Johan Roets
14.Louis Ludick
13.Jean de Villiers
12.De Wet Barry/Wynand Olivier
11.Bryan Habanna
10.Peter Grant
9.JP Joubert (for the quick balls had he given to the backline)
8.Bobby Skinskad
7.Schalk Burger
6.Luke Watson
5.Victor Matfield
4.Gerrie Brits/Bakies Botha
3.BJ Botha
2.Tiaan Liebenberg
1.Heinke van der Merwe(more solid than Gurtho in the scrums)

Good stuff there Huck, yup looks very close to my team of the week too. I see that Rapport has started their own Bok Barometer too, looks like they started it about 8 weeks late. Following TRF`s example maybe?

On this week`s performance though, I`d have Bulls twin Ndungane at 14, geez his defense has improved a lot of late. I`d also have Pierre Spies in there somewhere, he kept 3 defenders busy for most of the Jozi afternoon, and definately rather Du Preez at 9.

Glad to see Bob also playing extemely well, his last 3 performances are the stuff of the old legend, and he could well be in with a shout come RWC time. And yes, Watson did have a magical game against the Blues.

15. Joahn Roets
14. Akona Ndungane
13. Jean de Villiers
12. Wynand Olivier/Brad Barrit
11. Bryan Habana
10. Frans Steyn
9. Fourie du Preez
8. Pierre Spies
7. Juan Smith
6. Luke Watson
5. Victor Matfield
4. Bakkies Botha
3. BJ Botha
2. Gary Botha
1. Gurthro Steenkamp

whats happend to big Joe? amazingly quick good hands!!!

i know there were transfer speculations with Northampton but the guy has been off the scene for a while now

Joe was out with injury and,I dont think he will be in the starting line up!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't referring to his inclusion in the bok barometer team i was just wondering where he's been. He was on his way to becoming the "next big thing", well everyone is at one stage but he really had some thing special and now it doesnt look like he'll be at France in September

Yup, Big Joe`s been injured, and methinks the only plane ticket up North for him will be the one to Northampton, and not to France in November.

Looks like the Blue Bulls don't like Bobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/b]

Not one bit, he went to the 99 RWC and it cost us. Gary Teichmann should have gone to the WC. Nick Mallet afterwards conceded he made a mistake taking Skinstad and leaving Teichmann.

O ja ek het al amper vergeet van daai jaar!!!!!!!!!! :rahh:
Nick jou poepol!!!!!!!! :%#%#:

Latest posts