• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bok Barometer

I would have put Enrico Januarie's name at 9. He had a more impact in the game that Du Preez this round.

Apart from that, spot on once again. :cheers:

P.S: BokMagic, are you hacking into my computer and looking up all my weekly form teams??

Not-so-Super week 9 for the SA sides, going 0/4 this week. Nobody really putting their hands up to get into the Form XV, so very few changes. Here goes the current form side:

15- Frans Steyn(Sharks)
14-Louis Ludik(Lions)
13- Jacque Fourie(Lions)
12- Jean de Villiers(Stormers)
11- Odwa Ndungane(Sharks)
10- Andre Pretorius(Lions)
9- Fourie du Preez(Bulls)
8- Ernst Joubert(Lions)
7- Juan Smith(Cheetahs)
6- Baywatch Grobbelaar(Lions)
5- Vic Matfield(Bulls)
4- Bakkies Botha(Bulls)
3- BJ Botha(Sharks)
2- Gary Botha(Bulls)
1- Heinke vd Merwe(Lions)- the 1 player to really put up his hand this week, with another superb scrummaging performance.

So, not quite the form team of the week, as there was precious little form over the weekend. But I don`t think one should push for a place in the Form XV by virtue of having been less shite than someone else, you should push for the side by performing and being consistent, hence only Heinke getting the nod as a change this week. Another option would`ve been to pick the entire Stormers side, as they were comfortably the best SA side on display in round 9...............

After round 10, here goes:

15- Frans Steyn
14- Odwa Ndungane
13- Jacque Fourie
12- Jean de Villiers/Brad Barritt
11- JP Pietersen
10- Butch James
9- Fourie Du Preez
8- AJ Venter
7- Juan Smith
6- Baywatch Grobbelaar
5- Vic Matfield
4- Andries Bekker
3- BJ Botha
2- John Smit
1- Deon Carstens

Am I talking to myself, or are there other Saffas out there? All input into this thread will be appreciated!

I'd love to add my XV every week but I don't allways get to see all the games due to work.

But from the two games I did see (*Stormers vs Lions*) and Sharks v reds

I'd probably put Barry at 13 and maybe swap butch james for Peter grant, purely becuase Grant actually outplayed Pretorius.

Does anyone else think Bobby had a great game this weekend ?

Boggle, you`re spot-on by saying that Peter Grant outplayed Andre Pretorius over the weekend, and I`m more than happy that he`s actually acquired a pretty decent kicking game during the off-season to compliment his distribution skills. But he`s still a little light for my liking as the 1st-choice flyhalf( not in weight, merely in experience!)

Also, I reckon Bobby`s going better with every game he`s playing, which is a good thing. That just leaves the question- why the heck was he playing centre in the English 2nd division with Richmond for the last 2 years? Oh Bobby, what could have been had you actually made the most of your considerable talent, instead of forming nondescript clubs and realty agencies when you should`ve been gracing the green and gold in your prime?

yeah bobby had a good game, even the auzzie commentators gave him a bit of praise after his tackle and grab on one of the reds' centres. Have to say pietersen and murray are fantasticly well balanced runners, pitersens seems to have the ability to glide past players almost effortlessly... very larkham-esque

murray is the type of player jake white likes to pick too

he is huuuuge - 105kg for a back

i read an article comparing the size of the current boks to the team from the olden days - its amazing to see the amount of forwards who werent even 100kg in those days. now we see most of the backline is at about 85 - 95kg, with forwards being 105-130kg

Yeah, Murray`s been going excellently during the last few games. He`s always had the bulk and the pace, and his running lines have also been good. But what has really impressed me is the fact that his hand skills has improved so much since last season. Great player in the making, and should wear the green and gold, sooner or later.

murray is the type of player jake white likes to pick too

he is huuuuge - 105kg for a back

i read an article comparing the size of the current boks to the team from the olden days - its amazing to see the amount of forwards who werent even 100kg in those days. now we see most of the backline is at about 85 - 95kg, with forwards being 105-130kg
[/b]

Then there is JP Nel who comes back from suspension this week. Another huuuuge midfielder.

White must be frothing at the large numbers of huuuge backline players.

JP Nel is nothing more than a thug IMO- a big bloke, sure, but a thug nonetheless. Shouldn`t be admitted to a rugby field anywhere, but then again, somehow De Wet Barry made it to the Bok squad on approx. 30 occasions already, so he might be in with a chance. But I doubt whether Jake White is that big an idiot.

Yeah don't think JP Nel is that great,South Africa has much more talent than him on centre :D :D :D

south african rugby is always full of young talent. just look at the u19, u21 results in recent years

but im afraid alot of it fails to get developed into true champion players. coaching? conditioning? politics? whats the problem

We don't care about our young players,our rugby only cares only to recruit black players to please our goverment :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#:

We don't care about our young players,our rugby only cares only to recruit black players to please our goverment :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#:
[/b]

Ja nee dis nie kak daai nie, that's all they care about. They don't give a shot about performance they only want blacks in the teams.

if the best southafrican rugby team was black i would still support it fully!

if we need quota system for rugby then why isnt there a white quota system for the soccer team?

i hate politics!

mark my words the bok squad selected will not be the players mention in threads like this

Anyway, here`s my round 11 picks, and I promise you, there was absolutely no government interference here:

15- Percy Montgomery
14- Akona Ndungane
13- Jacque Fourie/Waylon Murray- another good week for Murray, pity Fourie wasn`t in action in order to push his claims, but still ties on previous rounds.
12- Brad Barritt
11- JP Pietersen
10- Frans Steyn
9- Fourie Du Preez
8- Juan Smith
7- Wikus Van Heerden
6- Baywatch Grobbelaar, even on a bye. Where are the SA opensides?
5- Vic Matfield
4- Bakkies Botha
3- BJ Botha
2- John Smit- by a whisker from Gary Botha, on the strength of his best 40 minutes in 3 years, in the 1st half
1- Guthro Steenkamp

I will swap odwa for akona!!!!!!!!!!!
But then again whats the diffrence. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts