• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 16/17 - Round 1

Just catching up. Being a Glaws fan must be so frustrating....

Morgan looked quite good in patches before he went off. Was the relative strength of the 2 benches a factor?

Agree with other comments on Genge. Love his loose play, just raw boned aggression, more my cup of tea than Mako's subtler skills. V early days, but if his scrummaging continues to improve he won't be just overtaking Mullan in the England pecking order.

Silly, ennit?

Why does Eykin think that Worcester is in the West Country?!

Oh god just remembered this is the first AP game shown on USA TV................................................

FFS last nights game would of been better to have live on TV.

Anyone else's BT sports not have a clock/scoreboard?
Watching on the Windows 10 app and it's just the video with BT Sport 1 HD Live in the bottom right right corner

Edit: took 35mins but ones appeared!

Last edited:
Bt might as well just pump out brown-sound instead of this commentary.

Lozowski definitely has raw skill/talent but he shouldn't be starting games at this level yet, he's not controlling the game at all and that's such a big part of the Sarries game. Very unlike saracens not to have a real backup to Owen(/replacement for Charlie), someone with some experience.

I'm at the game and Sarries are looking very average. Certainly not looking like defending champions.

It's an ugly, scrappy and unstructured game with very little quality on show so far. As Olyy says, Lozowski isn't controlling the game and missed a couple of kicks most AP 10s would have nailed.

Worcester have defended well and are looking solid in the set piece.

Of course it could all be very different in the second half, but it's definitely not the game I expected so far.

I know I bang on about it, but Eykin sounds like a slimy car salesman.

A pack with George and Genge on the front row will have some impressive front row carrying power. B Vunipola destructive as ever and seems to be developing a more rounded game on top of his phenomenal carrying.

Last edited:
First half was poor, starting to put some stuff together now.
Bosch is again stopping nearly any good chances we make, Taylor is twice the player he is. Teams should watch this though, we are struggling against a team that meets us on the gainline.

First half was poor, starting to put some stuff together now.
Bosch is again stopping nearly any good chances we make, Taylor is twice the player he is. Teams should watch this though, we are struggling against a team that meets us on the gainline.

Bosch been doing that for years!

Can't believe the BT commentary team ranting about Sarries' performance as if they were playing a top side rather than one that will be fighting against relegation!!

Mind you I think Dalalalalalailooo has possibly the most boring voice I have heard since Jamie Salmon was sacked!!

Players attempting drop goals off of penalty advantages should be punched into paralysis.

Or, better yet, rule that the drop attempt counts as advantage over.

Latest posts