• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina Super Rugby Team 2016 - Los Jaguares

Nicolas-Sanchez-Jaguares-kicks-350x700.jpg

OMFG! They wore an awful grey jersey. We are lost!!!

Lions-Jaguares pre season match highlights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just goes to show how one can never take anything from these games. I mean, the same Jaguars team loses to a Stormers B team at a venue that they should feel comfortable in if there is a foreign place they should feel comfortabl in and then go and humiliate a close to full strength Lions team on the Highveld. I have no idea what - if anything - to take from these results.

Have the Jaguars team improved that much from one game? Which result of the two could be considered a one-off result? Are the Stormers in better shape than I have imagined or are the Lions in worse?

I'll be surprised if anyones going to be able to deny Creevy is the best hooker getting around by the time this years out.

Apprently Argentina rugby are thinking of making a big offer to one of the Argentina props playing outside of super rugby.

Ayerza name mentioned, can't see him leaving Leicester for Argentina to be honest.

Haven't read article but people torn over if it is a thing or just what the writer think Argentina should do.

Ayerza does seem Leicester through and through.

Maybe Juan Figallo? Seems to be past his injury issues now, and only 27.

Figallo would be a good shout.

Guess Marocs will be 34 next year so I don't know how much a draw international rugby is.

Not many foreign players have stayed at a club for 10 years. Hoping he will retire a one club man.

Ayerza does seem Leicester through and through.

Maybe Juan Figallo? Seems to be past his injury issues now, and only 27.
I agree Figallo seems to be the most logical choice, for reasons you guys mentioned.
It bothers me to see how much Los Jaguares have improved their attacking rugby with the backs, but on the other hand we lost that supremacy on the scrum and forward play.
Without any doubt Figallo would be an upgrade in comparison with our current left props.

Last edited:
I hope it's true, our scrum in the two games so far sucked balls and I'm starting to get worried for the Pumas.

has their been any official announcement about the status of juan martin hernandez?

Jaguars squad for the first two games of the tour of New Zealand

April, 2: against Blues (Auckland)
April, 9: Hurricanes (Wellington)

Initial roster: Felipe Arregui, Rodrigo Báez, Gonzalo Bertranou, Emiliano Boffelli, Facundo Bosch, Santiago Cordero, Jerónimo de la Fuente, Santiago García Botta, Santiago González Iglesias, Juan Cruz Guillemaín, Ramiro Herrera, Martín Landajo, Tomás Lavanini, Tomás Lezana, Pablo Matera, Manuel Montero, Julián Montoya, Matías Moroni, Matías Orlando, Joaquín Paz, Guido Petti, Enrique Pieretto, Nicolás Sánchez, Leonardo Senatore y Roberto Tejerizo.

For the second part of the tour add ten players more: Matías Alemanno, Agustín Creevy, Felipe Ezcurra, Facundo Gigena, Lucas González Amorosino, Juan Martín Hernández, Facundo Isa, Juan Manuel Leguizamón, Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro y Joaquín Tuculet.

April, 15: Crusaders (Christchurch)
April, 23: Sunwolves (Tokio)

Cordero had a crash with his car so we wont be going this time. He´ll be in the 10 players that go after one week. His replacement i dont recall =P

Latest posts