• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina Super Rugby Team 2016 - Los Jaguares

Another loss =( with good things and bad ones. I hope we beat sun wolfs at least and some of our rivals from the group to gather some momentum back here or next year they will have to give tickets for free =P

We'll be back for sure. There are so many low hanging fruit we're not grabbing that there is nowhere else to go but up.
I don't want to disrespect our opponents but (at least) half of loses are easier to explain through our mistakes than through our opponents merits. We failed to leverage our scrum (or lost our edge?), we missed quite a few key penalties, we've made a lot of wrong tactical decisions (decided to go for a lineout quite a few times where we should have been happy with 3 points), we have missed a ridiculous amount of tackles, we drop the ball a LOT more than we should, our kicking game has been mediocre at best, and last but not least, we've become too predictable by playing too open all the time. We've payed dearly for the later when you combined it with an astronomical amount of handling errors.
Add our yellow cards and it's a disaster trifecta, and we've got no one but ourselves to blame.

Having said that, half of those problems are relatively easy fixes.
The hardest one to fix is the overall plan of playing open rugby when, at least so far, we are not clinical enough to reap points while doing so. It'll be a tough call thou, because it is a long term bet, but either we acknowledge that we'll lose quite a few game until we get better at it (won't happen overnight) or we adjust our strategy.

A ver si alguno de los que fue a la cancha me ayuda. @Jaguares vos seguro sabes.

Encontre donde comprar la remera, pero la que venden es esta

camiseta-de-rugby-super-rugby-los-jaguares-argentina-334911-MLA20658200495_042016-O.jpg

Me estan tratando de vender una copia trucha o la que venden en el estadio es asi tambien?
Pregunto porque para empezar, no tiene la publicidad y segundo, porque esta tiene lineas horizontales (diferentes tonos de naranaja) pero cuando veo fotos de la que usan los jugadores, es como cuadriculada (diferentes tonos). Asi:

SHGI1480-860x406.jpg

Entiendo que entre la test y la replica hay diferencias, como con la de los pumas, pero aca hasta parecen colores distintos y me dijeron de la UAR que no van a sacar a la venta la test.
Gracias de antemano.

Last edited by a moderator:
A ver si alguno de los que fue a la cancha me ayuda. @Jaguares vos seguro sabes.

camiseta-de-rugby-super-rugby-los-jaguares-argentina-334911-MLA20658200495_042016-O.jpg

Me estan tratando de vender una copia trucha o la que venden en el estadio es asi tambien?
Pregunto porque para empezar, no tiene la publicidad y segundo, porque esta tiene lineas horizontales (diferentes tonos de naranaja) pero cuando veo fotos de la que usan los jugadores, es como cuadriculada (diferentes tonos). Asi:

SHGI1480-860x406.jpg

Entiendo que entre la test y la replica hay diferencias, como con la de los pumas, pero aca hasta parecen colores distintos y me dijeron de la UAR que no van a sacar a la venta la test.
Gracias de antemano.

For me it looks like the original jersey who have people who bought a membership. Their jerseys haven't the VISA sponsor and the logo inside of the jersey is the same as the Pumas jersey (Grey). Looks very original for me

How much is it?

Attachments

• 1459952420104.jpg
    1459952420104.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 1459952443661.jpg
    1459952443661.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 6
Looks very very similar. For me it's the same that is on sale at the stadium

Attachments

• 1459953411774.jpg
    1459953411774.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 11
Muchas gracias.

Pregunte en mercadolibre, recien me confirmaron el precio y me parecio un robo. Me pedian 2200. No por la guita en si, sino porque en la uar/ cancha (no tienen stock en este momento) estan a 1400.
Quizas me agarra la calentura y la compro igual. No se. Una de las cosas que me gustaba de la remera era el efecto ese medio cuadriculado. Vere que hago

Gracias otra vez.

Don't! Wait till they are everywhere don't feed the speculators!

Generally i would do that, but i have to ask a few favours just to get it sent to where i live, so i grab what i can. No big deal.

That's the problem in Argentina, the speculators. They are everywhere in every kind of market. For that reason a WC in Argentina won't be a good idea. The resale is like a culture in Latin America, and the Argentinians are the World Champions in it.

The guy bought the jersey for 1,400 Argentinians coins and now is selling for 2,200. :mad::mad::mad:

That's the problem in Argentina, the speculators. They are everywhere in every kind of market. For that reason a WC in Argentina won't be a good idea. The resale is like a culture in Latin America, and the Argentinians are the World Champions in it.

The guy bought the jersey for 1,400 Argentinians coins and now is selling for 2,200. :mad::mad::mad:

to me it looks like plain buisiness. buy cheap sell expensive. capitalism. when corporations speculate, it ´s buisiness, when it is just some guy, it´s "the problem of south america"
tell you something: that ****y shirt surely made in china could never cost more than 10 uss. the rest. 90 uss is pure speculation as you call it
cheers

Last edited:
to me it looks like plain buisiness. buy cheap sell expensive. capitalism. when corporations speculate, it ´s buisiness, when it is just some guy, it´s "the problem of south america"
tell you something: that ****y shirt surely made in china could never cost more than 10 uss. the rest. 90 uss is pure speculation as you call it
cheers

Are u kidding me? It's not capitalism, it's "viveza criolla". I collect rugby and football/soccer jerseys. Always the soccer jerseys from Argentina are 5 times more expensives that their original price while the rugby jerseys from Europe or Oceania are more similar than the original price. The Argentinians are the world champions of the "viveza criolla"

Last edited:
I posted this in the match thread but I think it's as relevant here.

I have to say I've been hugely disappointed with the performances of the Jaguars so far, they have been absolutely terrible. I don't buy the argument that they have entertained with their style of rugby. They have, but it counts for absolutely nothing because they haven't put the points on the board. In my opinion, their coach must accept the responsibility for dictating such a risky and naive game plan, placing more importance on running the ball from every area of the field before ensuring that the Jags have the skills to do so. I'm being harsh because even the NZ franchises realise their limitations in this respect and will only attack from deep when it makes sense to do so. Otherwise, they'll play it safe, as they should.

Let me balance this argument by stating that the Jaguars have the talent to go deep in this competition in future years. That chance has gone this year for several key reasons. They lack composure when they create try scoring chances, doing all the hard work bar finishing. Moves usually break down because of a knock on by Lavannini or Montoya and often result in scores for the opposition. Landajo should stop passing to Lavannini until he learns how to retain possession in and out of contact. The axis of a quality team is there: Herrera, Senatore, Landajo and Sanchez are all top class.

On a side note, I found today's commentators, Nesbitt and Mehrtens as ignorant as New Zealand commentators have ever tended to be. Lazy stereotypes and a lack of research on the opposition, contrasted with a level of knowledge that rarely exceeds their own national borders. Said Mehrtens of the Argentinians: you expect these guys "to have a good goalkicker and a strong scrum". If he'd watched any footage of Argentinian rugby, at any level over the last few years, he'd realise that cliche has gone the way of other New Zealand-derived stereotypes such as "the Scottish/Irish will play with great passion (and not much else)"; "the French will play with flair" and "the English will try to beat you up with their big pack". Wake up New Zealand, there is a rich and diverse rugby world beyond your own parochial borders.

SHGI1480-860x406.jpg

Gracias de antemano.

The horizontal band is the grip. None jerseys for sale have the grip.

Neither the Los Pumas jersey have them.

Both are the same Nike models with different colours.

YEY! We keep loosing matches and making retarded mistakes BUT i realy like how the point difference is low(average) and how many matches were just a play away from a win.

How do you see this translating into PUMAS? Im kind of exited to this speed of play and that the pumas will not know other speed than fast. Just stomping most of the teams by overwhelming them in attack.

France will be a nice test in a few month to see the short term improvements from this tournament.

Thoughts?

Easy no but not a 50/50%. Pumas should win given lastest results/Player evolution(hoping this happened given the tournament we are playing)

Easy no but not a 50/50%. Pumas should win given lastest results/Player evolution(hoping this happened given the tournament we are playing)

Los Jaguares are playing well even though they're still without a win - I watched them v Hurricanes. They're learning, it's their 1st season in SR. They ran a good score. Sometimes defeats v a top side teach you more than an easy win over a poor or average team. This is a point the home nations in 6N should ponder over ...

Pumas are going to eat the cockerel alive. The tour will be on at the same time as the T14 playoffs so many internationals will not be available.

Noves will be travelling with another mickey mouse selection.

If I were the Argentinian union, I would question the relevance of playing a series of watered-down tests.

Last edited:
Los Jaguares are playing well even though they're still without a win - I watched them v Hurricanes. They're learning, it's their 1st season in SR. They ran a good score. Sometimes defeats v a top side teach you more than an easy win over a poor or average team. This is a point the home nations in 6N should ponder over ...

Pumas are going to eat the cockerel alive. The tour will be on at the same time as the T14 playoffs so many internationals will not be available.

Noves will be travelling with another mickey mouse selection.

If I were the Argentinian union, I would question the relevance of playing a series of watered-down tests.

Well, it's good for both countries to put 2nd teams to test players. We dont a have very deep roaster and we still need to play a full 4N and Wales,Scott and England so resting the best could work for us.

Frankly i dont know how Jaguares/Pumas is going to be the second half of the year =(

I fear Pumas can be jeopardized by the way Jaguares are playing now. I mean, it's basically the same team except for Cubelli. Perhaps they will get used to their current playing style and that will impact negatively on the Pumas. Maybe best thing that could happen to us is that most of our players go to other SR teams like Cubelli did, that way the Pumas could develop their own playing style. Am I making some sense here or I shouldn't even worry for the Pumas' performance this year?

I fear Pumas can be jeopardized by the way Jaguares are playing now. I mean, it's basically the same team except for Cubelli. Perhaps they will get used to their current playing style and that will impact negatively on the Pumas. Maybe best thing that could happen to us is that most of our players go to other SR teams like Cubelli did, that way the Pumas could develop their own playing style. Am I making some sense here or I shouldn't even worry for the Pumas' performance this year?

We need to strike a balance between open play and our classic bilardist rugby :lol:

Latest posts