• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina Super Rugby Team 2016 - Los Jaguares

No TV broadcast for tomorrow's game :(
Read about this and i find it nothing short of comical. The level of improvisation we are showing in some aspects worries me.

They bombard news about the new team using every social media outlet available in order to gather support and raise awareness. Understandable, clear. Yet, the Jersey was presented two weeks before the teams first game. If you want to purchase the Jersey, it is nowhere to be found. The first game of the first Argentine super rugby franchise, will not be televised.

It is as if someone tells you, every time you talk to him, he is throwing the party of the century only to let you know you are not invited the night before.

South African friendlies also dont get televised. I dont think there is going to be cameras at the game. If there is i will try to post a link to a stream. The only reason the sharks games were televised was because it was actualy toulon and toulouse handling the broadcasts. The first game between the sharks and toulon had some people from toulon commentating. They didnt even know who the players was. If Lwasi Mvovo scored they said it was Odwa Ndungane. Even when the camera showed a player they showed the wrong name a lot of times.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/stormers-see-off-jaguares-20160213

Stormers coming out on top but difficult to know what to take out of the game if anything. The Jaguares will probably be a tad disappointed seeing as this is very much a 2nd string Stormers side (though I do hope we continue with Du Preez at 10) but so far away from home and the Stormers are traditionaly strong starters.

Not worried about the results. I'm worried about this thou

CbHQK0BWAAApCXJ.jpg

The still do not have the right jerserys, already announced. I couldn't care less about the jerseys themselves but what with this represents. It's as if the UAR can't organize a **** up at a brewery.
If they can't get 50 t-shirts from Nike, what should we expect from visas, flights, schedules in multiple time zones, etc.

CbHQK0BWAAApCXJ.jpg

The still do not have the right jerserys, already announced. I couldn't care less about the jerseys themselves but what with this represents. It's as if the UAR can't organize a **** up at a brewery.
If they can't get 50 t-shirts from Nike, what should we expect from visas, flights, schedules in multiple time zones, etc.

What a stupid comment! The Pumas also wore a Flash jersey without any Nike logo at the first games of 2012. When Nike just had arrived. Now is the same situation. Don't worry about little stuff

Attachments

• 1455402704051.jpg
    1455402704051.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 17
Don't think you got the gist of my message. Read it again, carefully. Think hard this time. Take your time. Get a piece of paper, write notes if you must.
It's not about a particular detail. It's about the concatenation of several small details that anyone with two functional brain cells could have avoided effortlessly.

CbHQK0BWAAApCXJ.jpg

I'm not especially worried. Most teams play in odd jerseys and don't broadcast pre-season matches. It's disappointing that the jerseys aren't for sale yet, but I'm not sure it's the end of the world just yet.

Yes, don't worry.
And Jaguares are still in learning stage.

I can understand Cruz's concerns though. Results at this stage count for nothing. One also needs to take into account this was the Jaguares first game and the Stormer's last warm-up at home. And though we don't broadcast warm-ups in SA and the alternate jersey pre-season isn't anything in itself I too would be worried about the jersey not yet being available both from an organizational and financial POV.

Speaking to a friend who is related to an agent he is saying that the Argentina franchise is not all golden money wise ATM.

Last edited:
Speaking to a friend who is related to an agent he is saying that the Argentina franchise is not all golden money wise ATM.

Sorry, can you explain what you mean by this?
I dont understand :S

I can understand Cruz's concerns though. Results at this stage count for nothing. One also needs to take into account this was the Jaguares first game and the Stormer's last warm-up at home. And though we don't broadcast warm-ups in SA and the alternate jersey pre-season isn't anything in itself I too would be worried about the jersey not yet being available both from an organizational and financial POV.

It's a stupid concern. Look at the others franchises. The Southern King's problems with their players, the financials problems of Brumbies, the Chiefs are playing their preseason games with their 2015 jersey and they must cover their former sponsor "BNZ". The Reds can't pick a correct jersey to play against the Brumbies (It was a game between Blue jerseys). The Rebels and Hurricanes can't get a major sponsor for their jerseys. Waratahs won't sell their current jersey this season, they are going to sell only their preseason jersey without the new Japanese sponsor. Just a moron can be worry for play some preseason games with a maroon jersey without brand

Really? Who? Actually, the most expensive membership (the founders membership) is sold out since early january

Last edited:
It's as if you're making a conscious effort to increase your post count without contributing. Keep congratulating yourself for the number of posts you have. Kindly remember thou most people prefer quality over quantity tho. hth

And regarding your points, there are quite a few differences between my example and yours. To start with, Jaguares have no track record, all the teams you mention do. Second, the financial aspect of Jaguares is critical for UAR. What they did, from a finance point of view, is simply stupid. No way around it. They wanted to capitalize on the RWC's momentum to market Jaguares' inclusion in Super Rugby and spent the last 3 months heavily marketing this.

Imagine someone new to the Super Rugby. He sees the advertising, jumps on the bandwagon and wants to support the team. Hype builds up, he is excited about the team and anxious to see it play.

Team has it's debut... he cannot watch it.
Wants to buy the jersey.... he cannot find it.

As a fan, how do you "support" (for the lack of a better word) the team? Tangibly. Either watching the games, live or tv, and/or financially by purchasing merchandise. UAR has single handedly denied fans from doing either. That is stupid. Sugar coat it the way you want. It's dumb.

What they did was the equivalent of having a company spending money marketing a new product only to have empty shelves on the supermarket on the launch date. Again, the t-shirts themselves are not the problem. The problem is it speaks volumes about the organization. This is not rocket science.

And yes, of course the team will perform and everything will be fine in the end, but given the historical chance, we are not capitalizing on all these opportunities.

More wait time, increased anxiety means higher sales The Jaguares jersey will be sold and will be a commercial success

These casual supporters. Enjoy your first Super Rugby season, Rookie. And shut up

It's a stupid concern. Look at the others franchises. The Southern King's problems with their players, the financials problems of Brumbies, the Chiefs are playing their preseason games with their 2015 jersey and they must cover their former sponsor "BNZ". The Reds can't pick a correct jersey to play against the Brumbies (It was a game between Blue jerseys). The Rebels and Hurricanes can't get a major sponsor for their jerseys. Waratahs won't sell their current jersey this season, they are going to sell only their preseason jersey without the new Japanese sponsor. Just a moron can be worry for play some preseason games with a maroon jersey without brand

You would have a brilliant carreer in the SA government with your "they are all incompetent so its no issue that we are as well" type argument.

There is no need to call people who expect more and simply want the best for their team morons or stupid or tell them to shut up on a public FORUM when they expect a professional setup to function as such. I don't see Cruz's expectations as unreasonable. Sure, it might not have critical effects on the team's on-field performance but its not moronic to be concerned that the UAR seemingly aren't doing as good a job as it could to garner support. Its just something that one would never to be able to quantify - it will remain a "what if?" - so we'll just never know but SR is tough and you want to take any and every advantage you can and that is within your influence and then you still need a few things not under your contrl to go your way.

The Kings' backroom should not be a benchmark for any team who want to make any sort of impact in the tournament. Please do not even mention them because they should not be in the competition and aren't the 6th best team in SA- 8th at best and SA don't deserve 6 teams in SR in the first place.

Last edited:
Really? Fine, i'll bite.
More wait time, increased anxiety means higher sales The Jaguares jersey will be sold and will be a commercial success
You are clearly clueless about the sports clothing industry and its consumers. These sort of things discourage potential consumers, a lot.

These casual supporters. Enjoy your first Super Rugby season, Rookie. And shut up
In order for condescendence to work, you need to be able to back it up. You obviously can't.
I hate to play the CV card, but since you're making statements about my lack of credentials, i'll educate you a bit. I've been living abroad for quite some time and most of the expat crowd i hang out with is from Aus and RSA, so SR has been the main club competition i've been following (Pro12 and Heineken cup close seconds due to irish friends). Not many chances for me to go to the pub and share a beer watching CASI, so i compensated the urge by watching Rugby from other competitions.

Regarding your tone, it's getting boring. You are the typical "guapo de monitor". You play tough guy mr know-it-all behind a screen, making capricious and indemonstrable statements, the likes of "i've been following this since day one and everyone else has not". I understand you thou, because that's the only card you've got. When facts come along, you're always wrong (like when you pointed out Argentina lost all its games in 1987's WC).

I was probably playing rugby while you were still being breastfed.
And no, i will not shut up. And remember, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Last edited:
i read a few articles about the game (SA newspapaers) and some agree that the game may have been different if it wasnt for the jaguares super risky kind of play like not kicking the ball even in the worst conditions. i supose the will be way more carefull when playng for the points. any way i agree with cruz and his concerns about organization.
i was waiting for this game and i wasnt able to see a single image of it. it´s amazing we (argentinians) could watch the six nations live but where unable to see arg XV perform in the ARC (only for espn 3 or espn play you have to payl extra) or the jaguares game vs stormers.

i read a few articles about the game (SA newspapaers) and some agree that the game may have been different if it wasnt for the jaguares super risky kind of play like not kicking the ball even in the worst conditions. i supose the will be way more carefull when playng for the points. any way i agree with cruz and his concerns about organization.
i was waiting for this game and i wasnt able to see a single image of it. it´s amazing we (argentinians) could watch the six nations live but where unable to see arg XV perform in the ARC (only for espn 3 or espn play you have to payl extra) or the jaguares game vs stormers.

Actually, we have seen the Pumas play that kind of rugby before (e.g. RWC 2015's semifinal) and we know which were the consequences of doing that. I know SR is supposed to be famous for its running rugby and it is not as conservative as NH rugby, but I strongly believe that Jaguares need to develop their own identity as the season progress and not feel forced to play a particular rugby style. I don't want games' scorecards to have a lot of penalty kicks a no tries but that doesn't mean you cannot kick the ball away while you're on your own 22.

It's a South African thing. The game was played in SA and warm up games are not televised. There would have been no camera crew at the match from Supersport, so it wouldn't be possible to watch it unless you were there. There is nothing the Jaguares could have done about it.

Latest posts