• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks vs Springboks, July 10th 2010

Yes. The End.

Muliaina and Donnelly were awesome tonight.

now waiting for savagles and rugby writers eassays on the system picking thewrong team and how over the last 4 results they are the better team
well if they use that one ireland are better than them 3 out of the last 3 encounters!

The Springboks were a disgrace to rugby and to South Africa. Smit proved that he is a fat, over-paid piece of ****. Quota players and useless captaincy ruined that game and I don't see the Springboks winning the tri-nations nor the World Cup.
Gurthro Steenkamp proved that he has just been on a lucmky streak. His scrumming was horrifying and general play was poor.

The ABs first penalty was a result of a useless Kirchner kick.

The ABs first try was the result of a useless Januarie kick.

Kieran Read's try was the result of Kirchner and Januarie being equally useless in defence. These two are most of the reason why we lost.

Smit is a useless player and a useless captain. Going for goal when we are twenty points behind shows how stupid his attitude is. He captained the Sharks to scoring the least amount of tries two Super 14's in a row. How can you go for goal when you are 20 points behind? How? He is fat, he can't tackle and he can't scrum and he screwed up our line-out. Doesn't deserve to be in the squad.

Bakkies Botha is a disgrace to the Springbok jersey. I never want to see him in a Springbok jersey ever again. He finds it impossible to not get cards and constantly gives away penalties. He doesn't deserve to make his living from rugby as he is bringing Springok rugby into disrepute.

I mentioned earlier how Januarie is to blame for two tries, and he is also to blame for his all-round uselessness. What does he do? The only reason you people think he isn't bad is because of his skin colour. Wether you admit it or not, because he is of colour, your expectations of him and all the other quota players are so low that when they don't completely ruin everything, you think it's a good game.

Then we've got the slowest back-line in international rugby. Bryan Habana is the only guy with a bit of wheels. Jean de Villiers, despite being a good player, is not fast enough to be a wing.
And Kirchner. The biggest embarrasment to the Springbok jersey. Doesn't deserve to be in the Springboks nor the Bulls. He is a joke of a player and there is not one area of rugby that he is good at. He sucks at absolutely everything he does. He is the worst defender in the team and has never done anything worth mentioning in his entire career.

What should happen:

Steenkamp, Smit, Jannie, Bakkies, Januarie and Kirchner need to be dropped. Jean de Villiers must go back to centre and either van den Heever, Francois Hougaard, Gio Aplon or Lionel Mapoe must go to the wing. Then, Francois Steyn, Riaan Viljoen or Gio Aplon must go to fullback.

Victor Matfield must captain the Springboks as Smit with his stupid attitude is going to get us nowhere, just like he proved with the Sharks.

Oh my god! Again with the quota bullshit! What quota players? If I recall the starting 15 had only ''three darkies'', Guthro Steenkamp was pretty useless agreed, but he deserved his spot with a solid Super 14. Zane Kirchner was superb, what the hell are you talking about, his counter attacking was pretty good and bounced tackles, never dropped a ball, just kept them coming, very solid.

You know what, enjoy your loss. Springboks are ****, and I hope you get the **** you deserve from rugby fans around the world for 12 months of outrageous unwarranted arrogant behaviour.

The Springboks were a disgrace to rugby and to South Africa. Smit proved that he is a fat, over-paid piece of ****. Quota players and useless captaincy ruined that game and I don't see the Springboks winning the tri-nations nor the World Cup.
Gurthro Steenkamp proved that he has just been on a lucmky streak. His scrumming was horrifying and general play was poor.

The ABs first penalty was a result of a useless Kirchner kick.

The ABs first try was the result of a useless Januarie kick.

Kieran Read's try was the result of Kirchner and Januarie being equally useless in defence. These two are most of the reason why we lost.

Smit is a useless player and a useless captain. Going for goal when we are twenty points behind shows how stupid his attitude is. He captained the Sharks to scoring the least amount of tries two Super 14's in a row. How can you go for goal when you are 20 points behind? How? He is fat, he can't tackle and he can't scrum and he screwed up our line-out. Doesn't deserve to be in the squad.

Bakkies Botha is a disgrace to the Springbok jersey. I never want to see him in a Springbok jersey ever again. He finds it impossible to not get cards and constantly gives away penalties. He doesn't deserve to make his living from rugby as he is bringing Springok rugby into disrepute.

I mentioned earlier how Januarie is to blame for two tries, and he is also to blame for his all-round uselessness. What does he do? The only reason you people think he isn't bad is because of his skin colour. Wether you admit it or not, because he is of colour, your expectations of him and all the other quota players are so low that when they don't completely ruin everything, you think it's a good game.

Then we've got the slowest back-line in international rugby. Bryan Habana is the only guy with a bit of wheels. Jean de Villiers, despite being a good player, is not fast enough to be a wing.
And Kirchner. The biggest embarrasment to the Springbok jersey. Doesn't deserve to be in the Springboks nor the Bulls. He is a joke of a player and there is not one area of rugby that he is good at. He sucks at absolutely everything he does. He is the worst defender in the team and has never done anything worth mentioning in his entire career.

What should happen:

Steenkamp, Smit, Jannie, Bakkies, Januarie and Kirchner need to be dropped. Jean de Villiers must go back to centre and either van den Heever, Francois Hougaard, Gio Aplon or Lionel Mapoe must go to the wing. Then, Francois Steyn, Riaan Viljoen or Gio Aplon must go to fullback.

Victor Matfield must captain the Springboks as Smit with his stupid attitude is going to get us nowhere, just like he proved with the Sharks.

Clearly it was all down to the Boks being so bad. Nothing to do with the Blacks being so good...

Final score... All Blacks 32 - Springboks 12

The Springboks were....

Out-muscled
Out-passioned
Out-scrummaged
Out-lineouted
Out-thought

and totally out-played

The citing officer will have some work. I expect Bakkies will get a few weeks for the head butt

Last edited:

What should happen:

I said I wouldn't argue, but I must point out that Smit only opted for the kick at goal (when they were 18, not 20 points down), after consulting with Matfield.
Your obvious biasness against the Sharks means it is impossible to get a balanced response from you.

Oh, and why would you say Mapoe should be selected? First of all he is still injured, second of all he plays for the Sharks, which automatically makes him ****. Right?

Kirchner wasn't that bad. I personally think he is one of the worst players in international rugby, but atleast he ran well and hard tonight. I'm gonna gloss over his rubbish kicking and tackling though...

Iron Mike, could you kindly not make this your little *****fight thread with some of the other members? Stop being the NZ equivalent of those other two idiots.

We were rather dominated today, in the forward pack and the backline, the only thing we actually won in was... oh right yes. It was frustrating watching the Springboks lose the ball and blunder around stupidly. The ABs did everything right, although they still have that thing where they try to run it out of their 22m. Almost cost them once or twice.

The game reminded me a lot of the first test against Italy, but this time we played NZ and lost, of course. I must say the NZ backline was terrifying, was in awe watching them. Kirchner did actually play a bit better than usual, but I would still prefer F.Steyn or atleast Aplon on fullback. I think we need to return to the JdV and Fourie center combination.

I hope Botha is cited and banned for a few months, if he can't find his 2009 form then I don't see how he can play anymore, ever.

I'm pretty sure we'll make a comeback soon ;) Hopefully...

Does anyone know who MOTM was?

Last edited:
Kirchner wasn't that bad. I personally think he is one of the worst players in international rugby, but atleast he ran well and hard tonight. I'm gonna gloss over his rubbish kicking and tackling though...

After Habana and Steyn I would say Kirchner was the Boks best performing back, de Villiers lacked the pace to follow up on his kicks, not really his fault though

Rugby-Union---Tour-Match--001.jpg

Expect these at Wellington...

Oh yes, but you all slam me when I say he is a racist, it is ******* obvious, it couldn't be more ******* obvious. Rugbywriter, you have a major problem towards black people and need to stop making bullshit excuses, Zane Kirchner was one of the best players this game, who would you say was better, Victor Matfield who two line out balls taken from him? Bakkies Botha who proves what a bloody idiot he is, such a good player he can only stay on the field for 70 minutes? Pierre Spies who got bullied off the park?

No the three best players tonight were Morne Steyn, Jaque Fourie and Zane Kirchner and without these three the score would have been a heck of a lot higher due to the **** performance of the forwards.

You lost, you can be a bad loser aswell as a bad winner you know.

Hah, I hope not.

EDIT: Yes Iron Mike we know! You've said a few million times, don't start another **** slinging contest on this thread as well. Let's talk about how the Springboks are going to fix some major issues :p

And no, my comments directed at the unwarranted arrogance were directed at rugbywriter and savagelez who have been living off the success of the SpringBoks.

Great result for the All Blacks, especially considering many were writing the AB's off. Will be interesting to see if there will be a backlash next week, but I think the AB's will take away plenty of confidence.

P.S Iron Mike,

I still thought Zane Kirshner was predictable and crap. I'd like to know how many up and unders he fired when he was in space and room for counter attack.

Pah! Who cares about them, the one is a scottish/south african with severe schizophrenia and identity crisis and the other one thinks Viljoen must jump into test rugby playing against the All Blacks!

I jest.

This felt more like the game in Brisbane last year, almost exactly the same except against the ABs, anyone agree?

I doubt the Boks can bounce back, that is the thing, what can they do? Be more physical? They are a one dimensional team, and when that doesn't work, the game goes to flop, that is what happened in the French and Ireland game in 2009 and the 3rd Lions game.

SpringBoks = One Dimensional

If they continue with the same crap they always do, be physical, win the breakdown, blah blah, then they will get bullied off the park AGAIN. The All Blacks were pretty near to perfect tonight, a lot of handling errors but apart from that they really seemed to nail everything else, a 50m rolling maul, driving the Boks back 30m in defence, attacking and driving forward all the time, it was just a complete performance and I feel sorry for the person who has to name a Man of the Match.

Have to disagree with you there, after being dominated like this they've shown that they can change their style and not do the same stupid kak.

Monologue by the All Blacks.

An almost perfect game for them. Cowan was nervous and erratic, the rest of the team was just great, superiors in absolutely every area of the game.
I thougt Muliaina and Nonu were too soon back to the team, but threy prove today I was wrong.

From the Springboks side I only liked Kirchner, the best by far, proving that critics towards him were just unfair. He has finally played for the Springboks as good as he usually does for the Bulls.
Steyn is not last years's Steyn; he is far from his best.

To play de All Blacks and win (I can't understand how loosing by 18 points you still kickin at goal instead of trying to win the game), a lot of things have to change. Confirmed that De Villiers is not useful as wing, that Januarie should be replaced (Pienaar is waiting his chance) as soon as now, an that Peter De Villiers is a burden for this team.

Anyway, even with Peter De Villiers there Springboks have the potential to return.
For the next game is vital for them to be less conservative; the All Blacks backrow is too good to expect to win with penalties.

Fantastic job by the All Blacks, they were just too good for the Springboks.

Latest posts