All Blacks squad for The Rugby Championship

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
Backs: Israel Dagg, Charles Piutau, Julian Savea, Ben Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Rene Ranger, Francis Saili, Conrad Smith, Beauden Barrett, Daniel Carter, TJ Perenara, Aaron Smith, Piri Weepu.

Forwards: Steven Luatua, Richie McCaw, Kieran Read, Brad Shields, Matt Todd, Victor Vito, Luke Romano, Jeremy Thrush, Samuel Whitelock, Wyatt Crockett, Charlie Faumuina, Ben Franks, Owen Franks, Tony Woodcock, Dane Coles, Andrew Hore, Keven Mealamu.

Chiefs players missing that could be:

Aaron Cruden, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Liam Messam, Sam Cane, Brodie Retallick, Ben Afeaki and Tanerau Latimer.

Regards

Last edited:
Add Latimer to that list of potential Chiefs players that could make the squad. With McCaw and Cane in there I can't imagine a third openside being selected, but Hansen has made special mention of Latimer.

Moody has come into the training squad to replace Crockett, who won't be fit for the first game.

Otherwise, this is a very predictable squad.

I don't get Moody being there at all. He is unexceptional to the max. I'd be happy to chuck Toby Smith in there instead just to **** off Australia. But even a guy like Reggie Goodes has looked more impressive.

damn that looks good....but reading this roster over, I'm thinking, a lot of names that have been there for a long time...2015 really isn't that far away, but it's just those 2 years that might set some of those guys back significantly. Right around that 30 age..

Well I suppose it's completely irrelevant anyways since France are finishing 2nd in the pools and are beating NZ by 4 in the 1/4....(major big smiley)

there has to be serious doubts over Piri Weepu and Victor Vito making the final squad. I think both shields and Luatua in particular have overtaken Vito. Weepu has had a good season but you can't hold off TKB & TJP forever and while he's been solid he's not been great.

with ranger out one must have to wonder if Crotty is going to get the nod.

Last edited:
well turns out that was correct, no weepu, no vito

Mealamu & hore should count themselves lucky the same philosophy was not applied there, I think in terms of long term hooker replacements you have to keep a close eye on the devalopment of Coltman and Rhys Marshall will be interesting to see who starts at 3, kinda get the feeling Coles may be seen as the #1 hooker now. Hika Elliot probably did not do his chances any favors with some average lineout work in the S15 finals

3 hookers, halfbacks and first 5/8ths

Again the squad really lacks chiefs players considering they have clearly been the best super team for the last two years. 5 out of ~28-30 is stuff all considering they have won back to back Championships. Though it is worth considering a number of players are no longer available for AB selection - Kahui, TNW, Toby Smith, Craig Clarke

noteworthy is that Smith and Nonu are the only spec mid fielders in the squad. I guess Ben Smith will be cover and Saili will come in if there is an injury.

ALL BLACKS SQUAD
Props: Tony Woodcock, Wyatt Crockett, Ben Franks, Owen Franks, Charlie Faumuina, Joe Moody (injury cover)
Hookers: Andrew Hore, Keven Mealamu, Dane Coles
Locks: Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Luke Romano
Loose-forwards: Richie McCaw, Kieran Read, Liam Messam, Sam Cane, Steven Luatua
Halfbacks: Aaron Smith, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, TJ Perenara
First-fives: Dan Carter, Aaron Cruden, Beauden Barrett
Midfield: Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu,
Outside backs: Israel Dagg, Julian Savea, Ben Smith, Charles Piutau
Training squad members: Jeremy Thrush, Francis Saili, Frank Halai

Last edited:
Pretty happy with the squad to be honest, I wouldn't change much up. Very, very pleased to see TJ Peranara in there - I just hope he gets game time. Amazing to think that before 2012 none of our current three halfbacks had played for the All Blacks.

yip I look at the current 9's and i think Perenara will eventually end up the long term #1 option. I think Hansen has enough confidence in the experience and ability of these 3 young halfbacks now that he doesn't feel like he needs an experienced backup. Hansen also said that weepu did not impress against the french, he basically got the shepherds crook in the last test.

three guys covering 9, 10 and 2 does kinda mean the squad is thin in other areas and will rely on the versatility of Luatua and Ben Smith, May also see Piutau play on the wing.

Squad looks pretty good. Can't wait until the 3 Nations starts :)

Happy to see Perenara finally get his chance hopefully he'll get some game time.

Squad looks pretty good. Can't wait until the 3 Nations starts :)

Felipe+Contepomi+Argentina+v+England+IRB+RWC+e5k2V7iv7iPx.jpg

The squad looks short in the midfield, but I guess Ben Smith will probably be cover for them

Any Auks reading this, does Charles Piutau ever player centre?

The squad looks short in the midfield, but I guess Ben Smith will probably be cover for them

Any Auks reading this, does Charles Piutau ever player centre?

The selectors have listed him as one of the players that could cover centre. He doesn't 'play there' though, as such.

ALL BLACKS SQUAD
Props: Tony Woodcock, Wyatt Crockett, Ben Franks, Owen Franks, Charlie Faumuina, Joe Moody (injury cover)
Hookers: Andrew Hore, Keven Mealamu, Dane Coles
Locks: Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Luke Romano
Loose-forwards: Richie McCaw, Kieran Read, Liam Messam, Sam Cane, Steven Luatua
Halfbacks: Aaron Smith, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, TJ Perenara
First-fives: Dan Carter, Aaron Cruden, Beauden Barrett
Midfield: Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu,
Outside backs: Israel Dagg, Julian Savea, Ben Smith, Charles Piutau
Training squad members: Jeremy Thrush, Francis Saili, Frank Halai

Rene Ranger is out for personal problems, right?

Last edited:
official word was "family reasons"

I dont know if something happened or he just wants to be close to his family before the move to France.

It's pretty obvious that Hansen really wanted to use him. Give him more time in the camp so he knows what he is missing in going to france.

He was basically the form mid fielder in the whole super comp, such a shame he's going.

He wanted to spend more time with family before leaving overseas.

It's a shame, he fought hard for wearing the black shirt and before having his revenge came the offer to go to France