• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks squad for The Rugby Championship

It's pretty obvious that Hansen really wanted to use him. Give him more time in the camp so he knows what he is missing in going to france.

He was basically the form mid fielder in the whole super comp, such a shame he's going.

Yeah, for me this year Rene Ranger and Ben Smith were the best NZ backs in Super Rugby.

Regards

I find it weird that they have taken Cane given his form in the second half of the comp. To me they have everything to gain by leaving him out and making him work his way back in again. To me he's the 4th or 5th best openside in NZ atm.

I find it weird that they have taken Cane given his form in the second half of the comp. To me they have everything to gain by leaving him out and making him work his way back in again. To me he's the 4th or 5th best openside in NZ atm.

Who would you rank above Cane on current form? (I'm just genuinely curious here.) I think Cane's done well enough for the Chiefs. He hasn't had many starts lately but he works well as an impact sub, and with McCaw back I'm guessing his role in the ABs will mostly be off the bench as well.

I think you need to watch Cane more. He gets an immense amount of work done around the field, tackles like a beast, and is a strong ball carrier. I feel like your judgement is solely down to the fact that he hasn't been starting for the Chiefs.

I think you need to watch Cane more. He gets an immense amount of work done around the field, tackles like a beast, and is a strong ball carrier. I feel like your judgement is solely down to the fact that he hasn't been starting for the Chiefs.

Why never starts Chiefs games? I find it very strange. Although speaks well of the quality of the Chiefs flanker, it means that Latimer and Matt Vant Leven could play in ABs.

Regards

Latimer has been unliucky not to make the All Blacks and IMO Vant Leven is now probably the 2nd best #8 in NZ now behind Read.

But Cane does have his place in the All Blacks and his game is kinda similar to McCaws. HE visits a high %age of rucks and can make a Huge number of tackles if need be, add the fact he's played test footy and done very well.

Obviously he's being selected for the all blacks over Latimer because of age. And like insurance in case McCaw does not make it to 2015

if you want to bone pick, Cane is also obviously a pet project of Ian Fosters, Foster found cane years ago and had been nurturing him and working to secure him for the chiefs for a long time wouldn't be surprised if that is still going on at test level.

There really is not much between Cane, Braid and Todd in terms of overall ability. They all have slightly different styles and strengths though and that will make the difference.

also easy to forget that Latimer is hardly old... only 27-28 only really a couple years older than Braid/Todd

Last edited:
Canterbury and Crusaders midfielder Ryan Crotty has been called into the All Blacks squad as injury cover.

It comes after midfielder Francis Saili suffered a strain to his left ankle in the All Blacks' training match on Friday.