• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is certainly a chump however he was the lesser of 2 evils at election time with the Clinton ***** a worse option, at least with Trump everything is out in the open, which is preferable to the devious 2 faced bullshit we'd get with the extremely corrupt Clinton

Trump is certainly a chump however he was the lesser of 2 evils at election time with the Clinton ***** a worse option, at least with Trump everything is out in the open, which is preferable to the devious 2 faced bullshit we'd get with the extremely corrupt Clinton

Have you ever thought of posting while your sober?

If your wondering why you got a dislike and a report it was misogynistic language that has no place in a civilised conversation disagree with someone politics by all means. Call them corrupt but the B word has no place when referring to women.

If you think its okay think of your reaction if your mother/spouse/daughter was called it by a man then re ask the question.

Meanwhile, Twitter goes into meltdown over McVey's appointment in the Shadow Cabinet.

Pretty much odds on there will be a General Election in May 2019.

I think the issue with the health reporting is that Clinton was suffering a temporary illness as we all do, Trump's health problems are permanent or of his own doing through lifestyle choice. Very different issues.

Also since when has something being fully out in the open made it better? Trump is the exact opposite in that he and his administration don't give a damn if they get caught lying and thus do it constantly.

How do you know when a Prime Minister is weak? When they intend to sack (move) an individual from a role in which they are near universally despised and give them an increased remit within that role instead.

How do you know when a Prime Minister is weak? When they intend to sack (move) an individual from a role in which they are near universally despised and give them an increased remit within that role instead.

Broadened to be "social care", so the Tory train destroying the NHS and all social services continues...

Choosing not to sell it is far different from banning it,
Farage is such a ****,
Just such a such a ****.

A good comment by James O'Brien about Sir Richard Branson's stance with the Daily Mail on Twitter:

'...interesting move by Virgin, who arguably need all the help they can get from the right wing press as the call for bailouts to stop and renationalisations to start grow louder.'

I gather that Nigel Farage invited Sir Richard Branson to talk about this on his LBC show.

Personal opinion - a nothing story, people will still buy the Daily Mail if they wish to.

I gather that people will still be allowed to read the Daily Mail on a Virgin train, if this is bought elsewhere?

I think the issue with the health reporting is that Clinton was suffering a temporary illness as we all do, Trump's health problems are permanent or of his own doing through lifestyle choice. Very different issues.

Also since when has something being fully out in the open made it better? Trump is the exact opposite in that he and his administration don't give a damn if they get caught lying and thus do it constantly.

Hmmm... can't really say that I totally agree with that.

Trump has only been a bad guy since 2016 - before that nobody really gave a toss about him.

I don't doubt that a lot of his Presidency is bad, but maybe he is past caring what people think of him? If I was elected as leader of the UK, and certain people didn't like me, why should I try to appeal to them? Nothing I do would ever be good enough, so perhaps the attitude of 'sod them all' has some merit. Well, maybe.

A good comment by James O'Brien about Sir Richard Branson's stance with the Daily Mail on Twitter:

'...interesting move by Virgin, who arguably need all the help they can get from the right wing press as the call for bailouts to stop and renationalisations to start grow louder.'

I gather that Nigel Farage invited Sir Richard Branson to talk about this on his LBC show.

Personal opinion - a nothing story, people will still buy the Daily Mail if they wish to.

I gather that people will still be allowed to read the Daily Mail on a Virgin train, if this is bought elsewhere?

Of course they will, Virgin aren't banning the Daily Mail or doing anything other than simply no longer selling it / handing it out themselves. The fact the likes of Farage can screech censorship is laughable.

As for Trump only being a bad guy since 2016, no he's been a bad guy far longer. The difference is now he is a bad guy affecting a LOT of peoples lives and turning an entire nation into a laughing stock. He is also stoking fires of hatred in a way he couldn't do before. The only reason he got away with it so much was because you could ignore him as a celeb, you can't ignore him as president. You may have forgotten but Trump was the driving force behind the birther nonsense with Obama and was the last big name to concede that Obama's documents were all genuine. Contrary to being past caring, he cares too much. He is desperate for attention and praise and throws a tantrum if he doesn't get it. I've never seen a person who was more desperate for people to have a good opinion of him than Trump. The thing is this isn't because of any sort of care for other people, it's care for his own image and his reputation. Even in caring about the views of others, it's purely as an ego boost because all he wants to hear is that everyone thinks he is great. Have you not seen the cringey sycophantic arse licking his dribbling minions have been doing? Are you honestly not repulsed by such blatant ego stroking and Trump's complete blindness to it? Have you ever seen any world leader in the democratic world arrange these sorts of petty meetings?

We aren't talking about a guy who doesn't put effort into appealing to people outside his base, we are talking about someone who makes no effort whatsoever to act like a grown up or show even the most basic courtesy. I really wish people would stop making excuses for him, there aren't any. The guy is a selfish, narcissistic, spiteful, idiotic c**t, there are no 2 ways about this.

Whilst not making excuses for him, maybe he feels that he can't win with certain people so why bother?

The guy may well be a 'selfish, narcissistic, spiteful, idiotic c**t', as you so succinctly put it, but that's what the USA voted for and that's what they've got to put up with until 2020 (or until he's impeached or the Democrats regain control of one of the Houses). Us complaining on a forum is going to do jack about that.

It's a sad chapter for the USA, but maybe they need to go through this to realise that both sides need each other - that you can't label people rude names because they disagree with you. The wall has already been built - between people who won't talk or compromise their differences and act like adults.

If you want to remove Trump, you have to compromise and listen to the people who backed him - yes, even the racists. You may not like them, but they have a vote and they have a voice and only by convincing them will you change (not by threatening them or calling them deplorables - what has a deplorable got to lose anyway?)

I doubt that much will change anyway, what will be will be.

Hmmm... can't really say that I totally agree with that.

Trump has only been a bad guy since 2016 - before that nobody really gave a toss about him.

I don't doubt that a lot of his Presidency is bad, but maybe he is past caring what people think of him? If I was elected as leader of the UK, and certain people didn't like me, why should I try to appeal to them? Nothing I do would ever be good enough, so perhaps the attitude of 'sod them all' has some merit. Well, maybe.
You're equating trying to please everybody with not lying to everyone and being unapologetic when caught and then screaming about how all of the evidence of your being a lying shitbag is "fake news".
Crazy.

No I am not Olly, don't go making accusations thank you.

Wasn't it the same Donald Trump who was awarded by Reverend Jesse Jackson for his policy of no racial discrimination. He hired black and ethnic minority people at a time when racism was still rife and big bosses openly said 'I don't want any n*ggers working for me.'

The same Donald Trump who was friends with the Clinton's and Bush's?

If he's always been a terrible man, why weren't people speaking out sooner?

But of course, I'm not allowed to think outside the box am I? Must worry you that somebody on here isn't falling in line ;)

Besides, when people reply f'ing and jeffing, it only makes them look bad.

Whilst not making excuses for him, maybe he feels that he can't win with certain people so why bother?

The guy may well be a 'selfish, narcissistic, spiteful, idiotic c**t', as you so succinctly put it, but that's what the USA voted for and that's what they've got to put up with until 2020 (or until he's impeached or the Democrats regain control of one of the Houses). Us complaining on a forum is going to do jack about that.

It's a sad chapter for the USA, but maybe they need to go through this to realise that both sides need each other - that you can't label people rude names because they disagree with you. The wall has already been built - between people who won't talk or compromise their differences and act like adults.

If you want to remove Trump, you have to compromise and listen to the people who backed him - yes, even the racists. You may not like them, but they have a vote and they have a voice and only by convincing them will you change (not by threatening them or calling them deplorables - what has a deplorable got to lose anyway?)

I doubt that much will change anyway, what will be will be.

It's a politics forum, nothing we say is going to change anything but that's not really the point. The USA actually voted for Clinton but now we've had 2 Republican presidencies in a row where the president has actually lost the popular vote. If anything this should call into question if the system has been rigged up to the advantage of the Republicans. Statistically they need about 3% lower vote to get a majority. I don't label him rude names because he disagrees with me, I label him that because that is what he is. I mean think of something a **** would do and then ask if Trump has done it and does it regularly? If it looks like a ****, acts like a **** then it is probably a ****.

So in order to return to normality we have to listen to the lunatics? No it's the job of the ultra right wing to listen to everyone else. This entire antagonistic situation was created by the right, not the left. They are the ones who have peddled this fake news thing, they are the ones who set out to do nothing to obstruct, they kept the birther thing going, they accused Obama of being a terrorist (see Fox news), they blocked more appointments than any other Congress, they blocked lower level appointments than any other congress, they have had the most secret meetings, they have rammed through more bills without any oversight or chance for Democrat input, they have created the healthcare bill and tax bills without a single Democrat, they are the ones who attached unreadable Republican amendments to their bill at the last second and rammed it through without a chance to read, they are the ones marching with swastikas. Need I go on? And what has the left done that is so wrong to them? Told them that being racist isn't right and that immigrants aren't all evil?

You are trying to make an equivalence where there isn't one. The right wing in the USA and to a lesser extent in Europe has been sliding down a slope of paranoia and hysteria for the past few years and now in the USA you see the result, a political system that is a complete mess with a leader who is a bigger mess and all semblance of bipartisanship is gone. Hell I met someone when I worked in a factory up in Darlington for a bit who complained about all the foreigners coming over here. The guy had never seen a foreigner in his entire life yet has convinced himself the entire country is swarming with them. It doesn't matter how much the reality around him said otherwise, he was 100% convinced everything south of Liverpool was black or asian. They are convinced everyone is out to get them and that there is a war of extermination against white people (yes, they do claim that). They have taken leave of reality and built up their own delusion in which the world is a dark, scary place full of threats to their own little bubble existences and those threats must be purged. Nothing may permeate the bubble, facts are dismissed and replaced with alternative facts, anything that is uncomfortable is fake news, lies are built upon more lies which are themselves built upon more lies.

Yet somehow you think the Democrats are the problem and the ones who need to change?

No I am not Olly, don't go making accusations thank you.
Read the post I quoted, You did.
Rage said trump is a liar, you said why should he try to appeal to everyone.

There's a difference between trying to appeal to everyone and not being a proven, consistent and unapologetic liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts