• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the desire for the sound bite of Corbyn saying he'd fire a nuclear weapon. He man has always been against nuclear weapons, why would he change his view now that he could be PM?

One of the best lines from the audience was the young lady who tried to move the questions away from 'the red button' and said she was upset that so many in the audience would be happy to murder millions of people.

Corbyn understands that if he has to use a nuclear weapon we are already dead. Also the targets for the weapons are civilian areas and cities when military action should be against bases etc.

Last edited:
Joe public don't have a clue about defence and the military and politicians shouldn't be forced into answering hypothetical questions about pushing the button. Why would they commit to saying they'd push it and then be accused of killing millions of civilians? It's a no win situation.

I know why they don't ask Teresa if she would push the button, because she is keen to introduce a policy that will take the hard earned houses off old people suffering from illness.
Pushing the button for her would barely be an after thought. Like double locking the front door on your to a long weekend holiday.

Doesn't matter if Joe Public knows sweet FA about pushing the button. They are the ones JC need to convince to put him the position to make that decision, if it ever arose.

And it's not down to whether the button will be pushed, but how much JC would have to concede in order to make the peace in such an unlikely event. If an enemy entered the negotiations willing to push the button on the UK, but knowing JC would under no circumstances "push the button" in return it would immedately make their hand stronger in any negotiation and JC on the back foot. They may have no intention of "pushing the button" either but they can push Corbyn as PM to concede more knowing his stance. It is Brinksmanship at the end of the day.

Worst election for some time.

Tories - All behind May but her campaign is clueless.
Labour - JC has grown into the campaign but party and public opinion still divided on him
Lib Dem - No momentum
SNP - Basically playing the independance card over and over.
UKIP - Who?

As much as i'm not a fan of his David Cameron would of walked this IMO.

How would the enemy know JC wouldn't push it under any circumstances'? Because he said on an election TV debate? He could easily change his mind when in power or be persuaded into a U turn by the heads of the military. The current PM has shown us that U turns are just par for the course. Voters should place very little weight on the answers to these types of questions and focus more on manifesto policy content.

I dunno I'm loving Macrons trolling of Trump.

Make our planet great again.

Okay, I will quickly attach the hypocrite tag to your profile. They are all *****. If you think otherwise, you are a sheep just like Trump supporters.

Uhm...Why?

He is doing the same **** that people criticize Trump for. It is not rocket science.

They are all useless ***** because none of them are worth a ****. Merkel is a sack of ****, like Trump. Macron is turning out the same. They do not care about their people. Same breed, different coat.

He is not any better than Trump then. What a group of useless *****.

Uhm...Why?
He is doing the same **** that people criticize Trump for. It is not rocket science.

They are all useless ***** because none of them are worth a ****. Merkel is a sack of ****, like Trump. Macron is turning out the same. They do not care about their people. Same breed, different coat.

You've clearly arrived at some nuanced opinions on this subject...

With other western leaders sucking up to Trump with dangerous implications for all of us, Macron is simply sending the message that Trump won't be able to steamroll him. Ineffectual though that project is likely to be, it's fundamentally well intentioned.

Describing them as just the same on that basis is some of the dumbest ******* logic I've heard recently, and I've heard quite a bit.

With other western leaders sucking up to Trump with dangerous implications for all of us, Macron is simply sending the message that Trump won't be able to steamroll him. Ineffectual though that project is likely to be, it's fundamentally well intentioned.

Describing them as just the same on that basis is some of the dumbest ******* logic I've heard recently, and I've heard quite a bit.

Dangerous implications, such as? What has the man done that is so vile? He is a moron, but he is no Hitler/Mao/Castro/etc. I will add that the far-left praised Castro, but want to kill Trump.

He is disrespecting a world leader on an international stage, something Trump was rightfully criticized for in the past. Mate, if you cannot see that then you must be overly blinded by anti-Trump hatred. Macron is turning out to be a douche as well.

I also think it is so laughable that someone can act like Merkel is any better than Donald Trump. Same goals, different methods.

Last edited:
Another terrorist attack in London, six more innocent UK citizens are dead, Teresa May cannot keep her people safe.
Her foreign policy (the conservative foreign policy) is actively encouraging the growth of terrorists in the middle east.
How many more innocent British civilians have to die before folks get the message.
We need to make a change.
Terrorists are made, not born.
If we allow our govts here to instruct our armed forces to engage in bombing and occupying lands in the middle east, it is going to come home to roost.
If we continue to sell weapons to aggressive puppet states in the middle east, with atrocious historical records of immoral and unethical conduct against other sovereign states, like the Saudi's and Bahrain, then it will come home to roost.
Teresa May will do nothing to make the UK safer from extremists. She will continue in the opposite direction.
She will chair yet another Cobra meeting first thing this morning.
Once again treating the symptoms and not the cause.
We will see yet more indiscriminate bombing that creates civilian deaths and the relentless selling of arms.

Last edited:
Another terrorist attack in London, six more innocent UK citizens are dead, Teresa May cannot keep her people safe.
Her foreign policy (the conservative foreign policy) is actively encouraging the growth of terrorists in the middle east.
How many more innocent British civilians have to die before folks get the message.
We need to make a change.
Terrorists are made, not born.
If we allow our govts here to instruct our armed forces to engage in bombing and occupying lands in the middle east, it is going to come home to roost.
If we continue to sell weapons to aggressive puppet states in the middle east, with atrocious historical records of immoral and unethical conduct against other sovereign states, like the Saudi's and Bahrain, then it will come home to roost.
Teresa May will do nothing to make the UK safer from extremists. She will continue in the opposite direction.
She will chair yet another Cobra meeting first thing this morning.
Once again treating the symptoms and not the cause.
We will see yet more indiscriminate bombing that creates civilian deaths and the relentless selling of arms.
#
It's time to bring back the death penalty for terrorists and life in prison with solitary confinement for those that incite hatred through religion, also ban the idiots that stand in town and city centres pushing religion like drugs.

VC, its a bit hard to kill them when they're already dead.
Suicide bombers don't tend to leave a lot of themselves to deal with.
Have you not noticed, the prisons are already bursting at the seams.
This is the same rhetoric that continues to deal with the symptoms.

Are we going to have to continue to put up with bombings and terror attacks from IS for as long as we did from the IRA?
What was that?
35-40 years?
Before someone comes along with a different approach and the bombings/attacks stop?

How about just electing not to murder, destroy infrastructure and oppress foreign populations for their mineral wealth and perceived geo-political advantage.
Don't give them the ammunition and they won't bring it back and fire it at us.

They're not scared of death. They think they're heading to some kind of paradise full of virgins.

Jonesy is right. Being America's war poodle for so long in the midde east is coming back to bite us. Our border controls must be pretty poor if these cowards can go and fight Syria etc. and then get back into the UK without any sirens going off when their passport gets scanned at border control. I'm no security expert but how hard can it be to have a system which flags war torn countries (or neighbouring countries) visited in the last few years and lengthy absences from the UK when a passport gets scanned.

Also the condemnation coming from mosques and muslim centres in the UK still isn't widespread or severe enough.

VC, its a bit hard to kill them when they're already dead.
Suicide bombers don't tend to leave a lot of themselves to deal with.
Have you not noticed, the prisons are already bursting at the seams.
This is the same rhetoric that continues to deal with the symptoms.

Are we going to have to continue to put up with bombings and terror attacks from IS for as long as we did from the IRA?
What was that?
35-40 years?
Before someone comes along with a different approach and the bombings/attacks stop?

How about just electing not to murder, destroy infrastructure and oppress foreign populations for their mineral wealth and perceived geo-political advantage.
Don't give them the ammunition and they won't bring it back and fire it at us.
Rubbish. They will always find a reason to hate. If you think pulling all western military forces out of the Middle East will stop this your very naive.This has nothing to do with wars in the Middle East and everything to do with ideology. How many middle eastern nations were being bombed before 9/11? This is about a religious mindset that doesn't believe in our way of life driven in the most part by Saudi teachings that we as a nation allowed into the mosques here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts