• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Ukraine War thread

It was only a matter of time

To be honest, long past time.

Ukraine should be a bit smarter about bleeding the Russians without overly burning their own manpower. Let them have a shell of a town. When it becomes untenable, booby trap the f8k out of it and move out in orderly fashion.

If weapons don't come, they'll lose anyway. If weapons do come, they need to have conserved their manpower to use them.

Ukraine should be a bit smarter about bleeding the Russians without overly burning their own manpower. Let them have a shell of a town. When it becomes untenable, booby trap the f8k out of it and move out in orderly fashion.
Isn't that exactly what they did in both Bakhmut and Avdiivka?

Let the Russian sustain casualties at >10x the number of the defending Ukrainians; but when encirclement looms, or the casualty ratio dips down to 7-8 Russians per Ukrainian, withdraw in good order.
If the Russians are willing to kill themselves, and their equipment for no good reason - why not let them? When they're actually making ground, and have fewer casualties - get out of there.

Isn't that exactly what they did in both Bakhmut and Avdiivka?

Let the Russian sustain casualties at >10x the number of the defending Ukrainians; but when encirclement looms, or the casualty ratio dips down to 7-8 Russians per Ukrainian, withdraw in good order.
If the Russians are willing to kill themselves, and their equipment for no good reason - why not let them? When they're actually making ground, and have fewer casualties - get out of there.
Yes and no. The casualties in Bachmut were very heavy for the Russians compared to Ukraine but the Ukrainian casualties were experienced units and the Russians mainly lost prisoners. The only real consolation was it resulted in the Wagner mutiny but the Russians seem to have gotten their **** together now. Yes they are taking massive casualties but they can and are willing to do so. They are losing lots of vehicles but have loads of soviet stock to replace them, they have also had a massive shipment of shells from North Korea which has helped massively in the current winter offensive.

Ukraine on the other hand are now short of men, ammo, shells, SAM missiles, money, frankly just about everything and their troops haven't rotated out of the line for months. It's not looking good I'm afraid

Small crowd gathered in my local town centre to re raise the Ukrainian flag and mark 2 years.
My neighbor recently replaced the Ukrainian flag that he flies in his yard. The previous one faded from all the sun we get here in SoCal. I commended him for buying a new one and I still support Ukraine's effort through charity donations. I just hope they come out victorius!

Vladimir Putin Flag GIF

Last edited:

Latest posts