• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This in isolation no, but with the handling of the pandemic and still Brexit negotiations to sort he could well go before the next election.
Those other things are clearly much more important in themselves.

But this has the potential to hole him below the waterline. As ever it's not the event but the way it's handled. If Bojo has to backtrack he'll lose a major chunk of whatever credibility and trust he has left. Plus he will already have a number of cabinet ministers seething at being forced to publicly support Cummings who many dislike anyway, and in doing so undermine the lockdown policy. This has generated a lot of ill feeling in the country at large and within his own party. He's now up against a proper opposition leader and there's an element of the media that's going to make sure the story keeps running.

The question we still don't know the answer to is why this man is so important to Bojo. Does he actually know the number of children he has?

I can only think that Cummings has some major dirt on Bojo and the Government for them to protect him on this. Hopefully it will come out in a public enquiry.
Most logical explanation I've seen is Johnson in some way authorised the trip rather than a grand conpriacy. However that's speculation.

Overnight the trolls have started claiming Dom's son is autistic as a mitigating factor, does anyone have a verifyable source of this being true? The fact it hasn't been mentioned until now makes me very very dubious. Either way according to most austistic people or carers I've seen online they are just as angry on that as they had to suffer through similar problems without doing other things. Falling into the same issue as 'what any father would do' line in that you are telling people they don't care enough.

Either way according to most austistic people or carers I've seen online they are just as angry on that as they had to suffer through similar problems without doing other things. Falling into the same issue as 'what any father would do' line in that you are telling people they don't care enough.

This is what's key. Many other people will have been in a similar situation or worried about their children's health, yet followed the guidance and had to suffer. That's what's making people angry.

Being reported that Cummings will give a public statement and answer questions later on. Must be pretty much unprecedented for an adviser.

Bojo giving him the rope maybe?

Being reported that Cummings will give a public statement and answer questions later on. Must be pretty much unprecedented for an adviser.

Bojo giving him the rope maybe?
There going to double down on this and it's going to be pure Trumpian/Bannon bullshit isn't it?

I'm going to try to ignore watching it.

Most logical explanation I've seen is Johnson in some way authorised the trip rather than a grand conpriacy. However that's speculation.
Could be linked to the Brexit campaign/buried Russia report?
Cummings worked out in Russia post uni, BoJo ditched his detail to go that party thrown by a Russian oligarch in Italy last year. Maybe Cummings was the go between between Russia and vote leave - and the higher ups knew/approved. DC definitely the type to keep his receipts.

It's all very Tom Clancy but who knows these days, crazier things have happened.

I wrote to my MP,

Thank you for your email. I hope you will forgive the impersonal, standard nature of this email, but, as you can imagine, I have received many communications on this matter.

In short, I agree that Dominic Cummings should resign, or else be dismissed, from the Prime Minister's employment. While there might have been extenuating personal circumstances relating to his situation, the same is true for very many people across the country who are dutifully obeying both the letter and the spirit of the rules.

Indeed, like many others, I have found the rules to be personally heart-wrenching. On 5th May, my father died of Coronavirus and the pain and guilt of my being unable to visit him as he fought for his life will haunt me for the rest of my days. I wouldn't wish this situation on anyone, but I know that many of my constituents have suffered in the same or similar ways. However, we are all fighting against a world-wide pandemic and really do need to be all in this together.

I have, therefore, spent yesterday and today urging the Prime Minister, and all those closely connected to him, to recognise the strength of feeling which exists on this issue and to dismiss Mr Cummings without further delay. For now, I will not be playing this matter out in public, but am working on the issue through the effective channels which exist.

Thank you for letting me have your views.

Best wishes.
Laurence

Laurence Robertson M.P.
Member of Parliament for Tewkesbury

He's doing it from the bloody rose garden....pretty much unprecedented stuff....

Wait what seriously? No way this gotta be a parody
Alistair Campbell is going full Tucker on twitter about it. He's an odious shitbag but Campbell knew what an advisors roll was.

Yeh, not gonna waste my time watching the Gollum look a like's press briefing. Will read About it later. Hopefully he will announce he is resigning, but not holding my breath.

I wrote to my MP,
I'll be writing to him midweek - I want to hold fire a little to A] see what happens before then, and B] make sure he knows it won't have all blown over in a couple of days

Saw a great comment that made me chuckle that Campbell shouldnt comment because it was like Stalin criticising Hitler for his atrocities
Same with Piers Morgan - I hate agreeing with these people - I'm sure it will pass

Same with Piers Morgan - I hate agreeing with these people - I'm sure it will pass

Agreed. Morgan could help 100 old ladies across a busy street, rescue kittens stuck up a tree and I'd still be firmly of the opinion that he's a C U Next Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts