• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isn't someone pointing out that the guidance and that one of the scientific advisers said to contact your local authority if there are childcare issues and not to travel to other families members.

Why isn't someone pointing out that the guidance and that one of the scientific advisers said to contact your local authority if there are childcare issues and not to travel to other families members.
A QC might pick up on this fact.

So he didn't want to trouble the PM with it before he left because "the PM's time is the most valuable commodity in Government" and yet he spoke to the PM about it the following week (and conveniently neither of them can recall the detail of the conversation?!) and again at length yesterday.

Why did he need to go for a half an hour drive to see if he was fit to drive to London? Surely he could make that call based on how he was feeling in the house like most other people?

He's unable to say the word sorry. Even that he's sorry if his actions have caused anger and resentment. He's just blaming the media. He's also referring to "Day 14" and "Day 15" which suggests this has been a carefully compiled account of what happened.

Last edited:
This Barnard Castle drive is a complete car crash (pun intended).

I'm planning on driving to the supermarket later on. Probably best I hop in the car and drive to the end of the street first just to make sure I'm able to drive to the supermarket later on.

The big problem for me is that it was still an assumption that both of them wouldn't have been able to take care of their son. Many other people would have been worried and taken the risk to follow the guidance.

The big problem for me is that it was still an assumption that both of them wouldn't have been able to take care of their son. Many other people would have been worried and taken the risk to follow the guidance.

The guidance was to call NHS 111 or even 999 in extreme circumstances. They could have done the same from London and I'm sure the NHS could have contacted social services to assist with temporary child care if necessary.

The opening statement wasn't too bad but the Q&A is going terribly.

https://twitter.com/peston/status/1264507753730621440?s=21

Peston reporting Ministers are informing him that it is only a matter of time Cummings departs.

I will be e-mailing my Conservative MP, who is a minister, to demand he tell Bojo to sack Cummings. Anyone else who lives in a Constituency with a Tory MP, I urge you to do the same.

FYI - got an automatic e-mail reply requesting that I had to give my full name and address, to show i am on the electoral roll and one his Constituents and the e-mail informed me he may reply. Previously got a letter back from him on another issue, so hopefully will reply to my e-mail on this.

Last edited:
Boris now announcing a slew of stuff on retail stores to try and change the narrative.

https://twitter.com/peston/status/1264507753730621440?s=21

Peston reporting Ministers are informing him that it is only a matter of time Cummings departs.

I will be e-mailing my Conservative MP, who is a minister, to demand he tell Bojo to sack Cummings. Anyone else who lives in a Constituency with a Tory MP, I urge you to do the same.

FYI - got an automatic e-mail reply requesting that I had to give my full name and address, to show i am on the electoral roll and one his Constituents and the e-mail informed me he may reply. Previously got a letter back from him on another issue, so hopefully will reply to my e-mail on this.
I got the same email then got the stock email I posted.

So did Boris decide to bring forward the announcement that non essential shops will reopen on 15 June from Thursday to yesterday just to diffuse the Cummings row? I thought they had to wait until the 5 tests had been met and that the Government were legally obliged to review current measures every 3 weeks which if I'm not mistaken is Thursday. For the sake of three days why not wait until Thursday which still gives shops over two weeks to prepare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts