• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brexity in laws who were backing Boris just says ago 'just following the science', now 'never voting Tory again'

That's it folks he just blew all his good will support spectacularly on live television.

Brexity in laws who were backing Boris just says ago 'just following the science', now 'never voting Tory again'

That's it folks he just blew all his good will support spectacularly on live television.

Pity the next election is what 5 years away? Unless a vote of no confidence?

Pity the next election is what 5 years away? Unless a vote of no confidence?

Dunno, unless a miracle vaccine is discovered to work perfectly soon this is going to drag on until at least some time next year probably. Then there will be the recovery, which won't be instant, despite many economists suggesting it will just bounce back. The governments handling of this crisis will still be on people's minds in 5 years time and that's on top of the rebuilding job they'll have to try and do after. Also they still have to sort Brexit and no deal just after or within a pandemic that has sent the country into one of the largest recessions as well as travel bans would just be suicidal.

The ******* Daily Mail are calling for his head, the ******* Daily Mail....Christ.

There are so many holes in Cummings' story. Even his wife's written account suggests that the virus didn't hit her so hard and yet Boris told us yesterday that they were both 'nearly incapacitated'. How were they able to cope with a 270 road trip if that was the case? What if one of them had lost consciousness while driving at high speed with a child in the back? I'd love for a photo to emerge of him near the castle.

Cummings father has a sizeable estate in Durham and so my guess is that they decided that it would be better to spend lockdown there where they could presumably enjoy the estate and spend time with their family (once they had shaken off the virus) if they were all technically in the same household. They just used the 'childcare' line as a cover story.

See as monumental as that is the very act of the CofE expressing a political opinion makes me vehemently uncomfortable...

Yeah even the bishops are competing for twitter followers and learning how to be savvy on social media. I bet some of them have a few shady secrets that would make Cummings' actions pale into insignificance.

There are so many holes in Cummings' story. Even his wife's written account suggests that the virus didn't hit her so hard and yet Boris told us yesterday that they were both 'nearly incapacitated'. How were they able to cope with a 270 road trip if that was the case? What if one of them had lost consciousness while driving at high speed with a child in the back? I'd love for a photo to emerge of him near the castle.

Cummings father has a sizeable estate in Durham and so my guess is that they decided that it would be better to spend lockdown there where they could presumably enjoy the estate and spend time with their family (once they had shaken off the virus) if they were all technically in the same household. They just used the 'childcare' line as a cover story.

Gavin Williamson just said that he is certain Cummings only made one trip, which doesn't rule out the trip to Barnard Castle as that occurred whilst he was up there the first time. Also Johnson when asked directly about the castle on said that he was positive that Cummings behaved with integrity and blah blah, again not ruling it out. Finally they have said parts of the allegations are untrue and mainly focused on saying that the second trip after is false. For me it's simple. When someone is asked directly and avoids answering directly it's true.

Gavin Williamson just said that he is certain Cummings only made one trip, which doesn't rule out the trip to Barnard Castle as that occurred whilst he was up there the first time. Also Johnson when asked directly about the castle on said that he was positive that Cummings behaved with integrity and blah blah, again not ruling it out. Finally they have said parts of the allegations are untrue and mainly focused on saying that the second trip after is false. For me it's simple. When someone is asked directly and avoids answering directly it's true.

I also noted that Boris said 'some' of the other allegations were palpably false. 'Some' not all. I may be mistaken but I thought the issue with the alleged castle trip was that it occurred while he should have been self isolating having switched residence? Presumably the whole family should have self isolated for 14 days as soon as they arrived in Durham.

I also noted that Boris said 'some' of the other allegations were palpably false. 'Some' not all. I may be mistaken but I thought the issue with the castle trip was that it occurred while he should have been self isolating having switched residence? Presumably the whole family should have self isolated for 14 days as soon as they arrived in Durham.

[Boris]"Yes, some of the allegations were patently untrue. I know for a fact he wasn't at the castle at 11:00am as reported"[/BORIS]
**cos he phoned me as soon as he arrived at the castle at 11:15*

and sure while I'm channelling Boris...
[BORIS]"Stay at home, unless you Dominic Cummings, in which case don't stay at home, STAY AT HOME. Go to work, unless you need to stay at home in which case GO TO WORK. DON'T GO TO WORK. Stay alert instead."[/BORIS]

I don't think it will bring down his Premiership but I do think it's catephrophic blow on the proportion of Tuition Fees for the LDs. It's completely shot through their support.

This in isolation no, but with the handling of the pandemic and still Brexit negotiations to sort he could well go before the next election.

He'll want some kind of legacy. We saw Theresa May scrambling desperately to scrape one just before she left. I think he'll go sometime next year assuming he can strike a deal with the EU on the future relationship before the end of this year. He can then claim that he delivered Brexit. I just don't think he's up for dealing with the demands of what is essentially a 24/7 job. The COVID19 handling is just a damage limitation exercise. He's going to face criticism about it until he goes and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts