• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3t605f.jpg

So the threshold for immigrants coming to the UK, post Brexit, is £25,600 but may be reduced for under-staffed careers.

I wonder how many of the population in the UK are now considered not valuable to society due to falling beneath that threshold.

Also a quote from Priti Patel 'we are ending freedom of movement, to open the UK up to the world'.

Also a quote from Priti Patel 'we are ending freedom of movement, to open the UK up to the world'.

She's still trying to wrap her head around all those "counter terrorist offenders".

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/...lay-obamas-portrait-in-wh-rejecting-tradition

So Trump just once again showing what a pathetic, petty little **** he is.

Showing his true colours during this crisis. It doesn't surprise me any more when I read these antics. What I am interested in is has his antics and lack of leadership during this crisis done enough to convince swing state voters to vote Biden and will Biden enthuse the Democrat voters to come out in force on 3 November in those crucial swing states.

Trump can still win despite his childish, racist antics. But my question is has what got him to the White House still hold true in those crucial swing states in 2020, as it did in 2016?

Showing his true colours during this crisis. It doesn't surprise me any more when I read these antics. What I am interested in is has his antics and lack of leadership during this crisis done enough to convince swing state voters to vote Biden and will Biden enthuse the Democrat voters to come out in force on 3 November in those crucial swing states.

Trump can still win despite his childish, racist antics. But my question is has what got him to the White House still hold true in those crucial swing states in 2020, as it did in 2016?

Among other reasons he got in because he was perceived to be an outsider who would change things. The question saying voters need to ask is whether what he has changed it to us really what they want?

The staggering thing is I heard Joe Rogan (who is an ignorant guy anyway) explaining why he would vote for trump over Biden. He said he didn't think Biden could handle the pressure of being patient but that trump can, that trump hasn't aged in office like previous presidents and that trump can get things done. This highlights the problem, the positives of trump are pure fiction and yet it didn't matter how much facts disagree with them, trump supporters have an image of him that is immune to reality.

This crisis has shown trump can't handle the office, if anything we knew that before too. Even republicans and fox news can see it at times but trump supporters can't. They genuinely think he is doing a good job. Polling shows they recognise he is an arsehole, a liar, petty etc but just don't care. I think this shows the real hall between left and right at the moment, there is no desire whatsoever to observe basic human decency on the right any more as long as they get their way.

Among other reasons he got in because he was perceived to be an outsider who would change things. The question saying voters need to ask is whether what he has changed it to us really what they want?

The staggering thing is I heard Joe Rogan (who is an ignorant guy anyway) explaining why he would vote for trump over Biden. He said he didn't think Biden could handle the pressure of being patient but that trump can, that trump hasn't aged in office like previous presidents and that trump can get things done. This highlights the problem, the positives of trump are pure fiction and yet it didn't matter how much facts disagree with them, trump supporters have an image of him that is immune to reality.

This crisis has shown trump can't handle the office, if anything we knew that before too. Even republicans and fox news can see it at times but trump supporters can't. They genuinely think he is doing a good job. Polling shows they recognise he is an arsehole, a liar, petty etc but just don't care. I think this shows the real hall between left and right at the moment, there is no desire whatsoever to observe basic human decency on the right any more as long as they get their way.

Yep, that's why I think Trump is the symptom of something rotten in American society. He's been able to exploit the divisions ruthlessly. America has always had deep within its psyche a deep mistrust of the Federal Government. Trump exploited this and stands for this anti-establishment figure who was going to "drain the swamp." His message this November will be that he is only half way to doing this and why he needs another 4 years.

I can only conclude that Voters, who vote for him, do so because they want to believe what he stands for despite his behaviour, which is frankly abhorrent to any definition of a politician. But it would foolhardy to think he can't still win in November, he will plumb even greater depths if he has to to ensure victory. I think we're going to see something even more deplorable as the months ramp up to 3 November.

Last edited:
he will plumb even greater depths if he has to to ensure victory. I think we're going to see something even more deplorable as the months ramp up to 3 November.

Sure the Trump kids are already slinging peado slurs at Biden.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-concerns-about-attorney-generals-legal-reach

Who heads up the DoJ? William Barr. Who nominated Barr after Sessions was sacked? Trump. Who confirmed Barr's appointment? A Republican majority Senate.

Obama did nothing wrong and Trump knows it. And it is very worrying he is using Barr as his "minion" to do his dirty work to go after Obama, who he has never liked because he was a competent Black POTUS, unlike he is an incompetent white POTUS.

And why now create this fiction? Yeah, it's so not to create a diversion and appeal to his conspiracy loving members of his base, that he is the victim during the worst global pandemic in a century because he ignored early warnings to get his country prepared because he was more worried about the stock market. Where currently 1.4m Americans have been infected and 88,000+ have died. 36m + Americans filing for unemployment benefit in 2 months.:rolleyes: He needs to create a new narrative that he is yet again the victim instead of leading his country out of this crisis.

Who are these "experts"? Why should I trust the experts that The Guardian choose to report on?

Their experts said back in 2004 that Britian would be plundged into a Siberian climate by 2020.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2004/feb/22/usnews.theobserver

Please read the above article in it's entirety and see why people ignore articles like this.

US politics is now pretty much gutter politics and Trump and the GOP have dragged it down to that level.
Says the guys who states the POTUS is a white nationalist and hates Obama because he is black, with no evidence whatsoever. Sounds like you've made yourself at home in the gutter too.

Who are these "experts"? Why should I trust the experts that The Guardian choose to report on?

Their experts said back in 2004 that Britian would be plundged into a Siberian climate by 2020.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2004/feb/22/usnews.theobserver

Please read the above article in it's entirety and see why people ignore articles like this.

Says the guys who states the POTUS is a white nationalist and hates Obama because he is black, with no evidence whatsoever. Sounds like you've made yourself at home in the gutter too.

I was going to post this video up anyway, but it's quite relevant to your post. This was an interview with him in 2016. As he says at the end Populists like you want an easy fix. Apartheid has taught us about division and where it leads to. So, if you are a South African, now living in Australia. Well, shame on you for not learning the lessons of your country where you came from.

And FYI I see Barr has said he is unlikely going to prosecute Obama and Biden. Surprise, Surprise and Funny that!:rolleyes: Even Trump's minion can't prosecute/find any evidence of "the Greatest Political crime in American history."

I was going to post this video up anyway, but it's quite relevant to your post. This was an interview with him in 2016. As he says at the end Populists like you want an easy fix. Apartheid has taught us about division and where it leads to. So, if you are a South African, now living in Australia. Well, shame on you for not learning the lessons of your country where you came from.

And FYI I see Barr has said he is unlikely going to prosecute Obama and Biden. Surprise, Surprise and Funny that!:rolleyes: Even Trump's minion can't prosecute/find any evidence of "the Greatest Political crime in American history."

Shame on me? Lol. Why have you forsaken me o'righteous one?!

You have an amazing ability to not reply to the contents of my posts (including the one before). Try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts