• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JEET-MAIN-page-90.jpg

If we need any further confirmation that Trump is just petulant child and a racist one at that when asked a legitimate question. :rolleyes:

Phew, all the news coming out recently about Obama and his minions is stinking up the place.

My prediction is that when this runs it's course, Obama's legacy will be in tatters and he will be exposed for the slippery forked tongue politician that he has always been. Buckle up!

Deflection time yet again for Trump. Got to create a smokescreen because of the 1.3m infected, who have been tested and 80,000 plus Americans and continuing to grow, dead from Covid 19. Who has he blamed so far for his own and administration's mishandling of the crisis? "CJhyna", WHO, Democrats, Obama......" He'll think of many more before November I am sure.

Last edited:
Republicans are greedy

Democrats are needy

Let's call the whole thing off

Let's call the whole thing off

Phew, all the news coming out recently about Obama and his minions is stinking up the place.

My prediction is that when this runs it's course, Obama's legacy will be in tatters and he will be exposed for the slippery forked tongue politician that he has always been. Buckle up!

You're silent as Trump goes around ******* up stuff yet come back here when the propaganda channel starts it's usual deflection tactics? Jesus Christ. Do you have any ******* sense of perspective?

Karmer pulling BoJos pants down over the care home guidance was glorious to see, especially his official letter explaining it was a lie.

Shame that people won't care unless it's on the cover of a redtop.

Karmer pulling BoJos pants down over the care home guidance was glorious to see, especially his official letter explaining it was a lie.

Shame that people won't care unless it's on the cover of a redtop.
Its making some impact

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ting-yougov-opinion-poll-survey-a9511611.html

I also left the Lib Dem party yesterday (before this happened) because I can see myself voting for Labour party led by him. Plus they have a distinct lack of leadership at the top and have delayed doing anything about for a year for party that prides itself on democratic values thats simply not good enough. As I predicted becoming the anti-Brexit party killed them and nobody can really work out what they are for now with nobody in place to truly fix that its just a mess.

It's incredible that the Lib Dems position going into an election was to revoke Article 50 and not even have a second referendum. Political suicide. May as well have called themselves the Liberal Anti Democrats.

I like Starmer too but Labour's problem is that the Tories have got enough of the press and media in their back pocket.

It's incredible that the Lib Dems position going into an election was to revoke Article 50 and not even have a second referendum. Political suicide. May as well have called themselves the Liberal Anti Democrats.
If they won a majoirty, which was never going to happen otherwise referendum (so not really anti democratic they would have been given an electoral mandate). But Swinson said some nonsense how they could win....it was a **** campaign.

Its been a Lib Dem issue for ages complex messaging instead of keeping things simple.

If they won a majoirty, which was never going to happen otherwise referendum (so not really anti democratic they would have been given an electoral mandate). But Swinson said some nonsense how they could win....it was a **** campaign.

Its been a Lib Dem issue for ages complex messaging instead of keeping things simple.

They were essentially saying "Vote for us and we'll view it as a mandate to ignore what you voted for last time around". Crazy stuff.

They were essentially saying "Vote for us and we'll view it as a mandate to ignore what you voted for last time around". Crazy stuff.
A general election (despite all the foilbles of FPTP) is considered the highest manadate in the land in terms electoral will. Its not that they'd view it as mandate it absolutely is a mandate. That's why the Tories can do whatever they like with Brexit now regardless of what was presented on the table as options back in the referendum.

They were appealing to the 48% who voted the other way and those who changed thier minds, nobody who voted for Brexit was likely to vote for them.

Look I don't want argue about the last election....it was a **** campaign ran by a leader who hadn't had time to properly embed herself and got caught in the headlights. There are reasons I left. All I'm saying is if they had majority it absolutely would of been a mandate and democratic. Doesn't mean it was anywhere close to a sensible strategy. Mind you Labour's "we'll negotiate a deal we don't believe in and then put it to you and not even support that deal, possibly we can;t decide please stop asking us questions" was hardly a winner either.

I like Starmer too but Labour's problem is that the Tories have got enough of the press and media in their back pocket.

The Torygraph had an article saying Starmer took Johnson apar tin PMQs. Ultimately we haven't yet reached a stage in this country where the PM can simply deny his own words and people accept that. Starmer has used to governments own words, own figures, own graphs etc and fired them back at them. What can an even remotely reasonable press use to argue against that? How dare he quote what the government said to the government! At the moment Johnson is trying to use the virus to grant him immunity to all criticism, the old "now is not the time" defence. Fortunately it isn't working as Starmers questions are all precisely about the crisis and therefore now is definitely the time to be discussing faults in how it is handled.

Unfortunately I don't have faith in Labour to not just split into factions once again and tear themselves apart as they always do.

The now is not the time also fails as evidenced by the comparison to other countries and government dropping them. So it was time when it was in the favor as Starmer pointed out.

On factionalism the Corbynites are still bitter and angry they lost ("but won the arguement") however it is getting less day by day. It feel likes none of smeers are sticking really (like Saville, hes a poshed up twat, failed lawyer) because most it has simple explanantions or flat out wrong. I think as they watch their favourite thing flame-grilled Tory if it continues the prospect of legitimately winning might stop the factionalism. As happened under Blair

The Torygraph had an article saying Starmer took Johnson apar tin PMQs. Ultimately we haven't yet reached a stage in this country where the PM can simply deny his own words and people accept that. Starmer has used to governments own words, own figures, own graphs etc and fired them back at them. What can an even remotely reasonable press use to argue against that? How dare he quote what the government said to the government! At the moment Johnson is trying to use the virus to grant him immunity to all criticism, the old "now is not the time" defence. Fortunately it isn't working as Starmers questions are all precisely about the crisis and therefore now is definitely the time to be discussing faults in how it is handled.

Unfortunately I don't have faith in Labour to not just split into factions once again and tear themselves apart as they always do.
Just so people can see it https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...ook-boris-johnson-apart-like-duplo-train-set/
It's always the toughest stage of The Apprentice: the interviews round. A slick-haired young telemarketer in a shiny suit will swagger in, and start bragging about the foolproof business idea he's had – only for the interviewer to take him apart like a Duplo train set.

In no time, the candidate has dissolved into a puddle of babbling neurosis, unable to give a convincing answer to any question, up to and including the spelling of his own name.

This is what it's like, these days, watching Sir Keir Starmer grill Boris Johnson at PMQs. Labour's new leader is calm, polite, and utterly merciless.

He doesn't rant or shout putdowns. Instead he asks factual questions designed to establish whether or not the Prime Minister knows what his own Government is doing.

The latest figures, began Sir Keir today, showed that at least 40 per cent of deaths from the virus had come in care homes. Yet according to the Government's advice in March, it was "very unlikely" that people in care homes would become infected.

Mr Johnson protested. "No, Mr Speaker," be blurted, "it wasn't true that the advice said that!"

But it was. Sir Keir was quoting the advice word for word, from a sheet in paper in front of him.

Next he asked about the vast number of unexplained deaths in care homes. In April, there had been 26,000 care home deaths. The previous April, there had been only 8,000. Yet of these additional 18,000 deaths, only 8,000 had been officially attributed to the virus. Could Mr Johnson give the Government's view as to the possible cause of those 10,000 "unexplained" deaths?

Mr Johnson could not. In fact, it wasn't obvious he'd understood the question. His reply was a cascade of helpless waffle. "Appalling disease… tragedy taking place… critical to our ability to move forward as a nation…"

On to the death toll overall. The Government, noted Sir Keir, had stopped producing the daily chart which plotted death tolls in various countries, including Britain. Why?

"He seeks to make comparisons with other countries," snorted Mr Johnson, "which I am advised are premature."

Sir Keir looked puzzled. The Government had been publishing these "comparisons with other countries" for seven weeks.

"It's pretty obvious," he said, "that when we didn't have the highest number of deaths in Europe, the graphs were used for comparison purposes. But as soon as we did have the highest number, they were dropped."

It was tough to watch. Mr Johnson's supporters might well say: who cares about PMQs? The Prime Minister has far more important things on his plate. He's trying to tackle a pandemic, for pity's sake.

Which is true. The trouble is, all of Sir Keir's questions were about the Prime Minister's handling of that pandemic. About his Government's advice, its actions, its figures, its findings.

And this week – like last week – the Prime Minister didn't have the answers.

Too much nuance - it always was. Nuance is great for governing, terrible for a campaign.
The tories have gone the precise opposite direction; and thrown out anything that can't be summed up in a 3-wrod slogan; and are trying to govern with that same attitude.

They'd have been right as well - that's kinda the point of a general election.

Too much nuance - it always was. Nuance is great for governing, terrible for a campaign.
The tories have gone the precise opposite direction; and thrown out anything that can't be summed up in a 3-wrod slogan; and are trying to govern with that same attitude.

They'd have been right as well - that's kinda the point of a general election.

When I said 'crazy stuff' I was referring to their position. Not so much the question of whether or not they would have had a mandate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts