• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Wexford at the minute and I've never seen so many pictures everywhere. In England we don't normally show the faces of the people we are voting for but it's seems like a big thing over here
Jaysus what brings you to Wexford? The posters are such a pain, but I have fond memories of sitting on a politician's face and sledding on one when we got snow as a kid. Some towns, plenty around Cork anyway have voted to ban them altogether.
Also if you're in Wexford you'll see Verona Murphy posters..... Interesting woman.

In Wexford at the minute and I've never seen so many pictures everywhere. In England we don't normally show the faces of the people we are voting for but it's seems like a big thing over here
They're a bit ridiculous but they are more useful here than they would be in the UK as we rank all the candidates from first to last so being recognisable to voters is crucial (not to mention that it's 10+ candidates running for 3-5 seats compared to the UK where it's two or at most three people competing for the one seat so everyone probably knows who's who anyway).

They do always understandably produce bemused reactions from foreigners though and there are way too many of them though for what they are.

I'm struggling hard to find a number 3 to vote for. Have 1 and 2 sussed but no idea after that. I like the FF candidate but he's not worth Martin being inflicted on us.

I'm struggling hard to find a number 3 to vote for. Have 1 and 2 sussed but no idea after that. I like the FF candidate but he's not worth Martin being inflicted on us.
I'm stuck after number 1, tempted to just to whatever I can to get Shane ross out though.

I'm stuck after number 1, tempted to just to whatever I can to get Shane ross out though.
Constituency bros!

Yeah I've got green 1, she'll stroll in. Big Richmo 2nd because I've decided FG are the best of a bad bunch to lead us but I can't bring myself to vote for Madigan. If that Labour woman canvassed me at all she might get 3 but her campaign is invisible bar the posters.

@Leinster Fan in light of being in the same constituency who are you voting. I'll vote the opposite just to cancel out your vote. I love democracy.
I have Greener, followed by Labour & Neale but not sure in what order yet.

I've got the greens so you get....Aontu?
**** it I'm putting Shane Ross in again. I'll be the only person to admit voting for him even though he always walks in. He did give our rugby club tonnes of money so....
(Disclaimer: I'd rather drink **** than vote Ross)

I've got the greens so you get....Aontu?

What's Aontu's stance on climate change? I believe the Nationalist Party rail against the 'Climate Change Agenda' as well as going full hog on the whole calling people baby murderers thing.

What's Aontu's stance on climate change? I believe the Nationalist Party rail against the 'Climate Change Agenda' as well as going full hog on the whole calling people baby murderers thing.
We've no National Party candidate though. What a shame

We've no National Party candidate though. What a shame

Ah unlucky.

My constituency has the 'hardest' left representatives in the country and a very strange border.

Am thinking Greens first then probably Labour, SD, FG, FF (begrudgingly).

Jaysus what brings you to Wexford? The posters are such a pain, but I have fond memories of sitting on a politician's face and sledding on one when we got snow as a kid. Some towns, plenty around Cork anyway have voted to ban them altogether.
Also if you're in Wexford you'll see Verona Murphy posters..... Interesting woman.
Had a job over there, not long got back to the UK. Plenty of Welsh rugby fans in Fishguard queuing to get on the ferry back..

Israel fires missiles at targets near Syria's capital Damascus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51397357

Syria's missile defence system almost hits a passenger plane

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51411860

Russia claims that Israel used the passenger plane as a 'shield' whilst they fire multiple missiles and led to 8 injuries within the Syrian army.

Haven't heard much outrage to this near miss when you compare it to Iran's unfortunate downing of the passenger plane by its defence systems.

Israel fires missiles at targets near Syria's capital Damascus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51397357

Syria's missile defence system almost hits a passenger plane

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51411860

Russia claims that Israel used the passenger plane as a 'shield' whilst they fire multiple missiles and led to 8 injuries within the Syrian army.

Haven't heard much outrage to this near miss when you compare it to Iran's unfortunate downing of the passenger plane by its defence systems.
Its because Russia are telling the story. Similar to the one about none of their athletes taking PEDs

Just wanted to share this cool quote. It should apply to everyday life, including politics.

Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth. - Chuck Norris

Last edited:
Irish exit poll is basically a 3 way tie

Fine Gael 22.4%
Fianna Fail 22.2%
Sinn Fein 22.3%

Greens doing pretty well on 7.9 as well, with 12% in Dublin and being the most transfer friendly they should win seats in most of Dublin constituencies (Catherine Martin and Eamon Ryan will stroll back into their seats as well) and a few outside the pale, whether or not it's enough to put them into the frame to play a role in government is to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts