• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the issue is that the app failed and then they didn't go back to the old method. By now, they could have called every caucus and gotten the individual results and published a winner by now.

Why haven't they done things the old way when the new way failed?

Some might call me an east coast elitist, but hopefully this puts an end to the Iowa caucuses. Flyover states need to know their place and having a state that is not representative of the democratic party as a whole should not be so influential.

Some might call me an east coast elitist, but hopefully this puts an end to the Iowa caucuses. Flyover states need to know their place and having a state that is not representative of the democratic party as a whole should not be so influential.
What exactly has happened mate? Some sort of **** up in the voting app they were using?

So Iowa uses a caucus instead of a primary. You don't go into your voting center and vote, you go into a high school gymnasium and discuss your candidate. At the end you huddle into a group depending on which candidate you support. You keep doing this and eliminating candidates until no candidate has less than 15% support.

the caucus leader is then supposed to let headquarters know who won their district and what their results were. This year it was supposed to be done through an app instead of phone call or a text message. The app was apparently buggy as hell.

the company that developed the app has connections to Pete butt chug and Hillary as well.

What til poor Andrew finds out who the beneficiary of Varadkar tanking in the polls is! Senior moment or just another uninformed condescending Tory?

Probably still high on the Brexit juice

the company that developed the app has connections to Pete butt chug and Hillary as well.

Didn't know that Pete has been declared as the leader after 62% declared

Feel like I'm really out of the loop with Mayor Pete
With the exception of his embarrassing Panic At The Disco dance I'd not heard anything about him - really thought it was between Biden with the oldies, Bernie with the youngies and Warren with the...Hilary fans?

Is he a legit option or does he just poll well in wherever Iowa is?
I'd always presumed he was on a level with (/slightly higher than) the Andrew Yang's of the candidates

What til poor Andrew finds out who the beneficiary of Varadkar tanking in the polls is! Senior moment or just another uninformed condescending Tory?
I'd say both, along with desperation to push an agenda and the deluded idea that everything is about England to an extent that he'll shoehorn the one thing he knows about Irish politics into a poll he clearly didn't even look at properly.

Pretty funny though, because nothing shows pro-British sentiment like Sinn Fein polling figures hitting an all time high.

Feel like I'm really out of the loop with Mayor Pete
With the exception of his embarrassing Panic At The Disco dance I'd not heard anything about him - really thought it was between Biden with the oldies, Bernie with the youngies and Warren with the...Hilary fans?

Is he a legit option or does he just poll well in wherever Iowa is?
I'd always presumed he was on a level with (/slightly higher than) the Andrew Yang's of the candidates

warren was always the suburban version of bernie. I supported her at first because seems like someone my mom would hike with. When she backed away from medicare for all and accused bernie of sexism she took a hit with the young WASPs who were a bit put off by Bernie. She has a very middle class education and is very relatable to the democrats granola and subaru crowd.

Pete is the establishment candidate in a way with his Ivy League candidate and his resume is filled with despicable employers. He also receives money from big donors while Bernie and Warren are a little more of the people.

so at 62% of the vote Bernie has the most votes, but Pete has the most delegates. Cause this is America.

From the outside looking in the Dems aren't looking united at all, inter-personally or in their purpose. The past few weeks has seen a lot of mud slinging.

Why is this the case?

Obviously it's not good for the country not to have a reasonable opposition to turn to.

the democratic party doesn't really have an identity right now

is it the party of labor? is it the party of people who would be republican if not for the environment and lgtb+ rights? is it the party of minorities? is it the party of the coastal upper-middle class? is it the party of early 20 year olds who will vote republican once they have a six figure salary?

different candidates from different factions with no interest to play nice and I don't blame them

Especially as the President is supposed to be the leader of the free world.

I do hate that phrase. Nothing but propaganda.

I couldn't agree more. :rolleyes: It's all BS.

Last edited:
Trump acquitted 52:48 and 53:47 as expected.

As Blackadder said..... "I love a fair trial".

Last edited:
This was always what was going to happen the USA just has too much Democracy.

In Wexford at the minute and I've never seen so many pictures everywhere. In England we don't normally show the faces of the people we are voting for but it's seems like a big thing over here

In Wexford at the minute and I've never seen so many pictures everywhere. In England we don't normally show the faces of the people we are voting for but it's seems like a big thing over here
Yeah the posters are a bit ott. Tear down any Aontú ones, pro life wankers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts