• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
YIpEkv7.jpg

The leader of the free world

YIpEkv7.jpg

The leader of the free world

I hate that saying. Maybe the most powerful country militarily, but I don't see how they have ***le leader of the free world. It's purely publicity and advertising from America.

Well he's not going to be found guilty by the senate so I hope he loses the next election and then the vile fucker gets locked up.

Well he's not going to be found guilty by the senate so I hope he loses the next election and then the vile fucker gets locked up.

I think everyone including the democrats (albeit privately) accepts he'll get off. Their goal is to create a 'Hilary's emails' type scandal ahead of the election which could do him some damage in the marginal states.

I hate that saying. Maybe the most powerful country militarily, but I don't see how they have ***le leader of the free world. It's purely publicity and advertising from America.

I'd throw in a dash of arrogance too. It's funny because the environment is the one key area (arguably on a par with world trade, peace etc.) where they are not showing any leadership whatsoever. Quite the opposite in fact.

Trump has said repeatedly said that he doesn't know Parnas, but here's an audio clip that shows otherwise. Trump has the right to fire an Ambassador, but he obviously lied about knowing Parnas. And the GOP will bury their heads like they always do.

https://twitter.com/ABCWorldNews/status/1220919344902950912?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1220919344902950912&ref_url=https://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=embed&url=https://twitter.com/ABCWorldNews/status/1220919344902950912

Last edited:
I think everyone including the democrats (albeit privately) accepts he'll get off. Their goal is to create a 'Hilary's emails' type scandal ahead of the election which could do him some damage in the marginal states.
Only difference and why it won't work if the emails thing was the flimsiest of excsues to not vote for Hilary. Let's not forget last campaign Trump was caught on tape bragging about committing sexual assault and people still voted for him.

Hilary was also really disliked even by women voters.

Hilary was also really disliked even by women voters.

Hillary had close to 3 million more votes than Trump. But as you probably know we use a electoral college system.

Electoral College

Electoral_Map_States.png

In other U.S. elections, candidates are elected directly by popular vote. But the president and vice president are not elected directly by citizens. Instead, they're chosen by "electors" through a process called the Electoral College.

The process of using electors comes from the Constitution. It was a compromise between a popular vote by citizens and a vote in Congress.

Last edited:
Hillary had close to 3 million more votes than Trump. But as you probably know we use a electoral college system.

Electoral College

Electoral_Map_States.png

In other U.S. elections, candidates are elected directly by popular vote. But the president and vice president are not elected directly by citizens. Instead, they're chosen by "electors" through a process called the Electoral College.

The process of using electors comes from the Constitution. It was a compromise between a popular vote by citizens and a vote in Congress.

yes I am quite familiar with how the electoral college system works thanks, which is essentially first past the post in each state. Just saying Hilary was not that popular amongst the female electorate . Would be interesting to see the breakdown of the 2016 vote between male and female, especially in the swing states. Again 2020 will be decided by those swing states in middle America because states like California and NY state are likely to go Democrat; Texas Republican etc.

yes I am quite familiar with how the electoral college system works thanks, which is essentially first past the post in each state. Just saying Hilary was not that popular amongst the female electorate . Would be interesting to see the breakdown of the 2016 vote between male and female, especially in the swing states. Again 2020 will be decided by those swing states in middle America because states like California and NY state are likely to go Democrat; Texas Republican etc.
Texas will be close to a coin flip in 2020 and will probably be safely blue by 2024, there's a reason republicans don't want a pathway to citizenship.

Only difference and why it won't work if the emails thing was the flimsiest of excsues to not vote for Hilary. Let's not forget last campaign Trump was caught on tape bragging about committing sexual assault and people still voted for him.

Regardless of whether it will work or not it's clear that the democrats are trying to sling mud early, perhaps out of desperation given that their own issues. The impeachment trial of a sitting President is way more serious than a Secretary of State's email security breach or a nominee's sexual assault claim. Perhaps the Democrats have more dirt up their sleeves, we will find out over the course of the next year.

Last edited:
Anyone got views on the 'fantastic' two state peace plan set out by Trump and masterminded by his son-in-law Jared Kushner?

From my reading of it the plan gives more land and power to Israel in the region, especially the acceptance of the illegal settlements on the West Bank.

Anyone got views on the 'fantastic' two state peace plan set out by Trump and masterminded by his son-in-law Jared Kushner?

From my reading of it the plan gives more land and power to Israel in the region, especially the acceptance of the illegal settlements on the West Bank.

Branding it as 'the deal of the century' has Trump written all over it and pretty insensitive considering the history and what is at stake here.

Last edited:

Yep it was quite funny when he said it was a win-win for both sides then didn't list anything the Palestinians "won" out of the deal besides being recognised as a country. It's not a deal, it's an ultimatum with every single point of dispute being in Israel's favour.

Also WTF are they thinking allowing a dribbling idiot with no experience to oversee a situation this complex? Sheer nepotism. Trump's obsession with having has name attached to historic "deals" is laughable.

Jaysus... Farage and his sheep were desperate even by their standards in Euro Parliament today.

It was absolutely disgusting.

Especially when you have the horrid figure of Ann Widdecombe struggling to heave her old body from her chair to wave the Union Flag - pretty much sums up the Brexit mentality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts