• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
b76e67f7-34ac-4956-88f4-bfa920dd7c59-thumbnail_2019.09.27-trump-dog-whistle-blower-1.jpg
Care to tell me why you down voted my posts without providing a critique?

You got a down vote for posting a nonsensical picture.

Was the first gulf war really under false pretenses? Iraq very definitely invaded and annexed Kuwait.....that sort of thing unless your Russia usually deserves a response.

I also don't like the term war criminal when get it get bandied about just because you don't like the reasons for war or they way the government at the time went about presenting the evidence doesn't make them illegal.

Still the actions by Trump are all about stoking up tensions to invigorate his base and that is pretty obvious to anyone paying the slightest amount of attention.
Will it cause world war 3? Unlikely that's pure hyperbole, willit lead to a war with Iran? Iran knows it would likely lose heavilly as would anyone outside of China/Russia to the USA. They might retaliate but I suspect they'll be careful.

I agree. Whenever the heat gets too high Trump creates a diversion. https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/trumps-great-diversion-cant-last-much-longer

Last edited:
Care to tell me why you down voted my posts without providing a critique?

You got a down vote for posting a nonsensical picture.

Nonsensical picture? You may not understand it, but it does make sense. And that's why it was carried by many newspapers across our country and not just in Pensacola, Florida where it originated. I guess you're not familiar with the history of American political commentary. We have a strong tradition of making a point through political cartoons that goes back to before the American Revolution. The Smithsonian Institute has held several exhibits featuring them over the years. Americans like them because they get right to the point without all the blather. And I'm pretty sure they're popular in other countries as well.

Last edited:
Nonsensical picture? You may not understand it, but it does make sense. And that's why it was carried by many newspapers across our country and not just in Pensacola, Florida where it originated. I guess you're not familiar with the history of American political commentary. We have a strong tradition of making a point through political cartoons that goes back to before the American Revolution. The Smithsonian Institute has held several exhibits featuring them over the years. Americans like them because they get right to the point without all the blather. And I'm pretty sure they're popular in other countries as well.
Plus that picture is very accurate, trump is a model dog whistler.

You're trying to make it sound posting the image more nuanced that it was. Who are you trying to fool?
It was akin to spam and got it the down vote it deserved because it wasn't relevant to any discussion happening at the time and added nothing. Post your spam somewhere else like a personal Facebook page.

You still haven't answered why you down voted me, who provided real commentary, without taking any of my points on.

impeachment trial starting right now, at 8pm eastern. If I was interning for a senator right now I'd be beyond ******.

Canadian PM just confirmed the Ukrainian plane was shot down by an Iranian missile. So Manchild's attempt to impress his base by taking out Soleimani in order to get re elected next year looks to have come at a cost. 176 innocent people dead as a result.
wow. Blairs wmd war caused 129000 civilian deaths (estimated) plus all the guys we sent, loony left aint crowing about that though eh.

wow. Blairs wmd war caused 129000 civilian deaths (estimated) plus all the guys we sent, loony left aint crowing about that though eh.

You mean that war that caused the largest protests ever in British history? That one? The one that is in the Guinness book of records as the largest anti war protest in history? Would that be the one the "loony left" didn't crow about?

Jesus Effing Christ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/15_February_2003_anti-war_protests

Quick question - where have you spent the last 17 years? Because to hold that opinion, you must have been somewhere without an established media.
Largest anti-war protest ever seen
Most unpopular labour leader amongst labour members
Still talked about now when it comes to the politics of the labour party that being a Blairite is toxic to ambition

Aye no-one ever called him "war criminal Tony Blair" did they?

No. That never happened. Ever.

My fellow Irishmen. Did anyone see the debate last night? I was busy catching up on a pretty poor season of Love Island but from what I gather Varadkar was decent. Key message is he's willing to jump in bed with Fianna Fail again. Bit if a joke Sinn Fein weren't there as the third most popular party, even if Mary Lou leaves a ringing in my ears.
Not sure why Kenny was asking about drugs. Smoking a few joints in college isn't a smoking gun

My fellow Irishmen. Did anyone see the debate last night? I was busy catching up on a pretty poor season of Love Island but from what I gather Varadkar was decent. Key message is he's willing to jump in bed with Fianna Fail again. Bit if a joke Sinn Fein weren't there as the third most popular party, even if Mary Lou leaves a ringing in my ears.
Not sure why Kenny was asking about drugs. Smoking a few joints in college isn't a smoking gun
Listened to bits on the radio this morning. Sounds like Leo came across as far more intelligent than his counterpart, not that we didn't know that was the case.

The drugs thing is interesting, yeah it shouldn't hurt him but buying drugs is contributing to the drugs trade that resulted in a 17 year old chopped up to bits last week and Drogheda resembling narcos just with a lot more Reebok these days so it's understandable why it was asked.

Legalisation of marijuana and decriminalisation of a lot of other stuff would hurt these drug gangs more than any special task force too, time to get it done.

Listened to bits on the radio this morning. Sounds like Leo came across as far more intelligent than his counterpart, not that we didn't know that was the case.

The drugs thing is interesting, yeah it shouldn't hurt him but buying drugs is contributing to the drugs trade that resulted in a 17 year old chopped up to bits last week and Drogheda resembling narcos just with a lot more Reebok these days so it's understandable why it was asked.

Legalisation of marijuana and decriminalisation of a lot of other stuff would hurt these drug gangs more than any special task force too, time to get it done.
Leo is intelligent for sure, and comes across very polished, but I wouldn't back him to improvise.
That young fella wasn't wearing Reebok. Think more Canada Goose and Hugo Boss. Good money in killing cats and petrol bombing old ladies houses apparently.
I take the point though. The Portuguese apparently had great success de-powering gangs by decriminalising possession.
Things in Drogheda seem to be going a bit batshit, I was reading through the boards thread the other day. Rats have all gone to ground now though because the guards are bringing in their big guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts