• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

It's likely there was a big FU. It happens. I know LK isn't flavour of the month on this board but better to hear it now then in BJ's autobiography in 10 years.

It's likely there was a big FU. It happens. I know LK isn't flavour of the month on this board but better to hear it now then in BJ's autobiography in 10 years.

She's def not the worst. I just preferred her predecessor Andrew Marr. I would guess she's pretty senior within BBC news and at least she hasn't been caught up in a major bullying, dodgy pics, COVID rule breaking etc. scandal (yet).

She's def not the worst. I just preferred her predecessor Andrew Marr. I would guess she's pretty senior within BBC news and at least she hasn't been caught up in a major bullying, dodgy pics, COVID rule breaking etc. scandal (yet).
He's gone over to the New statesman channel
On YouTube.

Personally don't mind her she's governed by BBC rules etc. Prefer Chris Mason. Still better than opinion pieces in the Guardian and the likes of GB news journo's.

Tories, particularly Cleverley, complaining about the Chagos islands being given to Mauritius despite the fact the negotiations began 2 years ago (during the Tory rule) and Cleverly himself was the minister overseeing it...

Nice to see them giving things back. Have to start somewhere I suppose but maybe a bit closer to home next.
If they were to be given "back" to anyone, it would be the French.

They've never really been Mauritian and were uninhabited before the French got there. The Mauritian claim is pretty flimsy from the off.

If they were to be given "back" to anyone, it would be the French.

They've never really been Mauritian and were uninhabited before the French got there. The Mauritian claim is pretty flimsy from the off.
I was making a joke, didn't know the place existed before this morning.

I did a bit of reading there and the UK's claim to it is slavery and plantation (and then displacement) though so my sentiment stands.

I was making a joke, didn't know the place existed before this morning.

I did a bit of reading there and the UK's claim to it is slavery and plantation (and then displacement) though so my sentiment stands.
Fair, it's language people have been using a lot today which is why I responded.

A bit like the Argentinian claim to the Falklands, it doesn't really stand up to scrutiny.

True that it is a pretty awful history, but that doesn't mean we should give it to a Chinese aligned state, not ask the people that live there or let parliament have a say, and pay the Mauritians for it whilst we're at it.

Just absolutely nuts

Latest posts