• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

So far this week with had allegations / stories of financial misconduct against Labour, Conservatives and SNP. It's like guess who's had there fingers in the till bingo.

Trump dozed off 2 days in a row in his own trial... Barely a peep in the media. Imagine it was reversed and Biden was doing it, we'd be hearing "sleepy Joe" all the time. It really does show how much of the propaganda being pushed by Republicans is just projection.

Trump dozed off 2 days in a row in his own trial... Barely a peep in the media. Imagine it was reversed and Biden was doing it, we'd be hearing "sleepy Joe" all the time. It really does show how much of the propaganda being pushed by Republicans is just projection.
I honestly haven't seen a massive drop off with Biden's mental capacity. He's been consistently skatty for the last couple of years (or longer) but I've noticed a more severe recent decline in Trumps.

Trump in 2016, or even in 2019, was energetic with all his BS at his rallies but now he's falling asleep at trail. Could be a deliberate thing I guess and my feelings on this are obviously biased as i'm clearly team Biden but that's my feeling.

Biden now vs Biden five years is the same but he's definitely not as sharp as he was in 2012. His speaking is more or less fine but he was always more of a charismatic and smooth operator and now he seems to struggle moving around.

Trump just has brain rot.

That'll be all the bleach he's necked.
*holds thumb and forefingers in little hands together*

But it was the best COVID China Virus cure, I'll guarantee it. No one knows more about curing China Virus than me.

*picks up a small glass of water in 2 little hands and drinks it like a 3 year old*

I got my bleach from Target - and I made Target pay for it.

Key points, bolded what I consider the most important bit:
  • US officials have confirmed that Israel has carried out military operations against Iran. The officials said Israel warned the Biden administration earlier on Thursday that a strike was coming in the next 24 to 48 hours. According to CNN, the Israelis assured their US counterparts that Iran's nuclear facilities would not be targeted.
  • Iranian state media reported that air defence batteries had been activated after reports of explosions near a major airbase close to the city of Isfahan. The Iranian government appeared to play down the scale of the attack, with a senior commander in Iran's army saying there was no damage in Isfahan, according to state TV.
  • Isfahan is home to sites associated with Iran's nuclear program, including its underground Natanz enrichment site. State television described all sites in the area as "fully safe".

ETA: Live updates page here: https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...-updates-iran-israel-today-explosions-isfahan

Last edited:

Key points, bolded what I consider the most important bit:
  • US officials have confirmed that Israel has carried out military operations against Iran. The officials said Israel warned the Biden administration earlier on Thursday that a strike was coming in the next 24 to 48 hours. According to CNN, the Israelis assured their US counterparts that Iran's nuclear facilities would not be targeted.
  • Iranian state media reported that air defence batteries had been activated after reports of explosions near a major airbase close to the city of Isfahan. The Iranian government appeared to play down the scale of the attack, with a senior commander in Iran's army saying there was no damage in Isfahan, according to state TV.
  • Isfahan is home to sites associated with Iran's nuclear program, including its underground Natanz enrichment site. State television described all sites in the area as "fully safe".

ETA: Live updates page here: https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...-updates-iran-israel-today-explosions-isfahan
Yep, it's definitely Iran that is inflaming the situation...

Sounds like 1 missile causing no damage. More posturing. Well, hopefully anyway.

Not that I have any love for The Islamic Republic, they're the equivalent of a little runt in a bar constantly jabbing their finger at the biggest guy in the pub saying "you're scum I wish you would leave or die" and then getting some even smaller runtier friends of there's to try and cheap shot said big guy then crying when the big guy gives them a little slap. Is it escalation? I mean, I suppose so, but it's relatively measured.

A performative strike and nothing more I suspect. A bit of *** for tat (you fired missiles at us and so here's one back) along with a message saying we can hit your nuclear facilities if we really want.
Plus embarassing Iran a bit by showing they fired 300 or so and basically nothing got through, Israel fired 1 and it hit.

Sounds like 1 missile causing no damage. More posturing. Well, hopefully anyway.

Not that I have any love for The Islamic Republic, they're the equivalent of a little runt in a bar constantly jabbing their finger at the biggest guy in the pub saying "you're scum I wish you would leave or die" and then getting some even smaller runtier friends of there's to try and cheap shot said big guy then crying when the big guy gives them a little slap. Is it escalation? I mean, I suppose so, but it's relatively measured.
You've perfectly discribed every 9 I've ever played against.

Latest posts