• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

So are senators being voted for today as well? I thought that was a whole seperate thing

Edit: just had a vague Google - 6yr terms is odd, so senate elections are every two years, I guess?

House will stay Dem. We need the Senate to flip so badly so we can neutralize the frauds on the court.

Polls say there is a 75% chance the senate flips.

So are senators being voted for today as well? I thought that was a whole seperate thing

Senate and house is today, as well as a bunch of local stuff.

33 or 34 senators are up for election every 2 years on the national Election Day.

One third of Senators every 2 years for 6 year terms. So some come up in mid-terms others at presidential. It has some benefits as they are less short term thinking (unlike the house which I think is everyone every 2 years). However the fact every state gets 2 senators make the Wisconsin/Florida difference even more bullshit than the electoral college.

How close it is.

Genuine curiosity here chaps, I understand preferring Biden as an individual to trump, but with trump being undoubtedly the better result for the UK does that change what you're hoping for?
Would disagree there. Yes Biden has said that a UK trade deal would be put in jeopardy if we go back on the good Friday agreement. However the assumption that a Trump trade agreement would benefit the UK is optimistic at best. You can guarantee that a Trump trade deal will include a dismantling of the NHS, the government has already conceded the whole chlorinated chicken and ending UK farming subsidies. You'd see UK farmers go under as they are expected to follow regulations that US farmers won't have to. Our healthcare industry being sold off to the USA, probably have our arms industry gutted. Every time a UK government has pushed for large trade deals with the USA, the UK has come off worse and has seen our industries destroyed at the demand of the USA so they can instead export the same stuff to us. Don't for one second think a Trump government would have the UK interests at heart and don't think for one second the UK government would stand up to him.

Biden is fairly well rebound for not being a huge fan of the UK and is very likely to back the EU over us whereas we would probably be preferred by another Trump administration.
Best of a bad situation but a Biden presidency would not be good news for the UK

Biden is fairly well rebound for not being a huge fan of the UK and is very likely to back the EU over us whereas we would probably be preferred by another Trump administration.
Best of a bad situation but a Biden presidency would not be good news for the UK
Problem I see is you're suggesting Trump would be good for the UK. My view is that whoever wins it is bad for the U.K and it's a mess of our own making. The only difference is the Tories have backed Trump winning and if Biden wins it will severely weaken their negotiating hand with the E.U. Us little people are still ****** either way though.

Watching analysts I would be amazed if Trump wins.
Chicago Med GIF by NBC

What I can't get over is the age of the two candidates. 74 and 77 is mental.

@Tigs Man "everyday I'm still amazed that the sun is allowed to be a thing"

I read this out of context and thought you mean the ball of fire...and i wasn't surprised thats were the "im offended" culture had got too

Whoever wins Ohio wins the Presidential election, it's been that way since 1864. *As of right now the evil Trumpanzee leads in Ohio by less than 1%.

Last edited:
Whoever wins Ohio wins the Presidential election, it's been that way since 1864. *As of right now the evil Trumpanzee leads in Ohio by less than 1%.
Ohio and PA strongly Trump, bookies seem to have him as favourite now

Ohio and PA strongly Trump, bookies seem to have him as favourite now

Biden leads the nationwide electoral college vote 192 to 114 as of this very moment. 270 are need to win.

Last edited:
Biden leads the nationwide electoral college votes 192 to 114 as of this very moment. 270 are need to win.
209 v 112 depending on where you look, its the bookies that worry me, they famously dont like loosing money, and Biden seems to be loosing the states everyone they sad he had to win before the election

1604462753167.png

209 v 112 depending on where you look, its the bookies that worry me, they famously dont like loosing money, and Biden seems to be loosing the states everyone they sad he had to win before the election

View attachment 8718
It changes every few minutes as details come in. I can't stay up all night posting the updates, but since it's daytime where you are...go for it. :)

I stupidly stayed up all night to watch a (so far) inconclusive result.

Surprised about the negativity surrounding Biden though, he still hasn't lost a state he was expected to win and winning Arizona gives him license to lose one of the rust belt states. He can even afford to lose Pennsylvania if he wins the 2nd district in Nebraska.

There's also the fact that due to way they are counted many of these states were expected to look red during the count and not read too much into it. Still squeaky bum time...I hate it.

US elections are always really weird to watch.

Florida is 3 points to Trump with 97% votes counted - no projection.
Montana (?) is 2 points to Biden with 50% votes counted - declared for Trump.

Not to mention that different sources have different declarations.

Latest posts