Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
dLmSRIa.jpg

Date: Saturday, 28 September
Venue: Sky Stadium, Wellington
Referee: Nika Amashukeli (Georgia)
Assistant Referees: Karl Dickson (England), Damian Schneider (Argentina)
TMO: Eric Gauzins (France)

Local kick-off: 19:05
GMT kick-off: 07:05
BST kick-off: 08:05
AUS (AEST) kick-off: 17:05
RSA kick-off: 09:05
ARG kick-off: 04:05

New Zealand: 15 Will Jordan, 14 Sevu Reece, 13 Rieko Ioane, 12 Anton Lienert-Brown, 11 Caleb Clarke, 10 Beauden Barrett, 9 TJ Perenara, 8 Ardie Savea, 7 Sam Cane, 6 Wallace Sititi, 5 Tupou Vaa'i, 4 Scott Barrett (c), 3 Tyrel Lomax, 2 Codie Taylor, 1 Ethan de Groot

Replacements: 16 Asafo Aumua, 17 Tamaiti Williams, 18 Pasilio Tosi, 19 Patrick Tuipulotu, 20 Luke Jacobson, 21 Cortez Ratima, 22 Damian McKenzie, 23 David Havili

Australia: 15 Tom Wright, 14 Andrew Kellaway, 13 Len Ikitau, 12 Hunter Paisami, 11 Dylan Pietsch, 10 Noah Lolesio, 9 Jake Gordon, 8 Harry Wilson (c), 7 Fraser McReight, 6 Rob Valetini, 5 Jeremy Williams, 4 Nick Frost, 3 Taniela Tupou, 2 Matt Faessler, 1 Angus Bell

Replacements: 16 Brandon Paenga-Amosa, 17 Isaac Kailea, 18 Allan Alaalatoa, 19 Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, 20 Langi Gleeson, 21 Tate McDermott, 22 Ben Donaldson, 23 Josh Flook

Last edited:
Are Australia looking good, or New Zealand looking poor?

Hard to tell

The way in which teams are purposedly trapping tacklers in rucks to milk penalties has gone beyond ridiculous.

Man these penalties where the tackler is literally being held down by the attacking team are starting to become pretty stupid.

Been happening for decades, how do you think England won a WC?
It has always happened, granted, but it's worse now, way worse. The effort defending players do to remove themselves from those places has changed, a lot. Instead of rewarding them for trying to do the right thing they are being punished for it. Most scrum halves are either waving the arms complaining or pretending to be tripped by the defending player trying to roll away. Half the times they could use that time to get the ball rolling but instead go for penalty milking.
And to be crystal clear, they are not the ones at fault and the way to conclude that is pretty obvious. Purposedly doing that to milk a penalty is against the rules: how many SH's have been penalized for doing so? This year?

I mean, i can pin point two instances in today's and last weekend's games where a tackler finished the tackle and did everything, everything he could to move away. And they did so fast, almost instantly. In both cases they were specifically targeted, pinned down (a forward literally sits on top of them with one leg on each side), prevented them from rolling away and penalized.
If those are the rules (i dont think they are) then i don't like them. I would like to give defenders a fair chance, and this doesnt seem to accomplish that.
I like to see penalties as a consequence of a team preventing the opposition from accomplishing something, a gain. The way this works is that the penalty is the goal in itself. Sounds naive when i put it that way, but i hope the message is clear enough.

Honestly Noah Lolesio must be the worst fly half to ever don a Wallaby jersey. **** me.

Honestly man the fact that this AB team is so bad and we are still so far away from them shows how ****** rugby is here.

Do Australians eat protein? Or is it all avocado toast? Because the Wallabies look like extras in the new Willy Wonka movie.

Latest posts