• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] England vs Wales - 10/02/24

Putting yourself under a high ball without contesting and without wrapping the jumper is the most dangerous thing you can do.

Two weeks in a row where we looked like the worse team for a lot of the game and somehow scraping a win against what are the two worst teams on paper.
I disagree with this, we were the better team last week, our defence clearly failed on key moments but we were the better team overall.

This week we were quite abit the better team most of the game, mistakes...yes quite a few but the better team overall IMO

Im not saying this is a great England team by anymeans but Defence was better than last week, attack was about the same tbh. Alot of work ons but im glad for the win.

Bruh

For me: Much like last week that was the absolute bare minimum, with next to no improvement shown
Yeah, personaly think its below the bare minimum considering the opposition (jusst the phases wales and italy are currently at), and the lack of improvement or willingness to even adapt a game plan is concerning.

Could easily see us gettin spanked the next 3 in a row, but also wouldnt be surprised to see us drag at least scotland down to the level and scrape a win.

Bruh

For me: Much like last week that was the absolute bare minimum, with next to no improvement shown
Don't bruh me brah

It was a good win in that it was a win. I feel the more wins Borthwick gets the more confident he will be in moving away from Eddie ball. We are stuck with Borthwick for 4 years regardless might as well see if he can grow

(Also helps Reffell and Steward played really well for my barometer)

I disagree with this, we were the better team last week, our defence clearly failed on key moments but we were the better team overall.

This week we were quite abit the better team most of the game, mistakes...yes quite a few but the better team overall IMO

Im not saying this is a great England team by anymeans but Defence was better than last week, attack was about the same tbh. Alot of work ons but im glad for the win.
Better team overall, but that's just means we were less **** than Wales.

Defence was better overall and then it lost it's way.
Attack was worse personally. Really struggled to penetrate the Welsh line until the end.
Kicking was possibly better.
Discipline was dog shite.

Not one I'll watch back but from what I saw England stereotypically brain dead. Aside from the Argentina game in the WC I can't think of many games they've played with much nounce.

Don't bruh me brah

It was a good win in that it was a win. I feel the more wins Borthwick gets the more confident he will be in moving away from Eddie ball. We are stuck with Borthwick for 4 years regardless might as well see if he can grow

(Also helps Reffell and Steward played really well for my barometer)
What makes you think borthwick wants to move on? He has been pretty open that this is jam, the attack plan is dictated by him we saw wiggelsworth put out a decent attacking plan when he took over from borthwick at Leicester.

Agree with the stuck with him bit, but this is just it, maybe we continue to get better at it and reliably win.

That was a waste of a few hours, I thought Wales would get beat by 20, England tried their hardest to **** it up but ultimately the kicking game from Ford was far superior to the semi pro Lloyd.

Better team overall, but that's just means we were less **** than Wales.

Defence was better overall and then it lost it's way.
Attack was worse personally. Really struggled to penetrate the Welsh line until the end.
Kicking was possibly better.
Discipline was dog shite.
Id say an improvement overall on last week, they key will be in 2 weeks when we play Scotland.

Not amazing by any means but we need to build, i cant expect a new defensive system to click in 2 games but it looked better.

Attack will come after. But we cant defend to a victory vs Scotland especially as they will be up for it after the end of the France game.

Im likely the least pessimistic guy on this forum so maybe im too positive but i think we can rebuild and be strong, but this takes time.

What makes you think borthwick wants to move on? He has been pretty open that this is jam, the attack plan is dictated by him we saw wiggelsworth put out a decent attacking plan when he took over from borthwick at Leicester.

Agree with the stuck with him bit, but this is just it, maybe we continue to get better at it and reliably win.

I feel Borthwick is smart enough to develop into a great coach tbh.
I feel that he needed a lot more time at Tigers to develop it.

Kicking is in all honestly the key to winning the best teams kick even at international level this isn't saints winning at Poundland , he will learn to see the importance of red zone finishing.
You are right about Wigglesworth and I have mentioned a lot on that.

I just think Borthwick will develop over time just should never have been with England

If Ford hadn't kicked that last penalty he would have been strung up from the south stand for his conversion fiasco

Gonna sit here and wait for @BPM and @Geordie to spin this **** into a positive.
There's a world of difference between positive and negative. Personally, I think I'm in the middle ground. I don't have a lot of patience for crap performances and I remain highly sceptical about whether Borthwick is the man to deliver what's needed.

However, I do find it tedious that you and other posters solely focus on the negative and can't seem to see any positives.

FTR, my only real positives from today are a win and CCS off the bench.

Latest posts