• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] England vs Ireland - 09/03/24

Teams have successfully rattled us at the set piece in the past. Lineout is ultimately why we lost against NZ and England have had joy against us in the scrum in recent years. We seem to have definitely steadied the ship this year though.

Kind of picks itself barring injury. We could really do with Keenan. England will lump high balls at us all day, likely at Nash. Presume if Keenan fits Frawley benches and if not Ringrose benches.
Steadied the ship? Or playing in a very low quality 6N?

I get it, but England arent settled, and wont be until they force it. Ireland are benefitting now from that work done 4/5 years ago.

Englands current issue is too much high quality players, SB is constantly pressured to shoe horn in this weeks media darling.

Only SB can settle it and he needs to have the courage of his convictions - whatever they are.

Only SB can settle it and he needs to have the courage of his convictions - whatever they are.
I agree fully. But is there a tougher coaching position in the world to do that than with England?

I personally would love Steward to be Welsh, even with a misfiring backline, you can find ways to attack and have that top class full back bomb diffuser.

Teams have successfully rattled us at the set piece in the past. Lineout is ultimately why we lost against NZ and England have had joy against us in the scrum in recent years. We seem to have definitely steadied the ship this year though.

Kind of picks itself barring injury. We could really do with Keenan. England will lump high balls at us all day, likely at Nash. Presume if Keenan fits Frawley benches and if not Ringrose benches.
Id have put breakdown and clever kicking as the reasons NZ beat us. It was a very positive game plan.

If the rumoured team is true its not my preference. In a pick three of Ringer, Henshaw, Conan and Baird situation Ringer isn't the guy I leave out. But Faz has forgotten more about this game than I'll ever know so let's go.

Id have put breakdown and clever kicking as the reasons NZ beat us. It was a very positive game plan.

If the rumoured team is true its not my preference. In a pick three of Ringer, Henshaw, Conan and Baird situation Ringer isn't the guy I leave out. But Faz has forgotten more about this game than I'll ever know so let's go.
I wonder if and it a big IF my info on the Welsh game build up there was half an eye on this.

Murray trained as a 10 for alot of that week.
Ringer spend 90% of plays as a winger.

Is this the gamble. Ringer covers 11-14. (Nash can play 15 in a very big emergency) and Murray @ 10 in an emergency.
As in to be fair unless it injury Crowley and Keenan won't be whipped.
My only "uncertainty" on this is that Keenan needs to be 100% like he can't be 70% with high risk of breaking down early.

Steadied the ship? Or playing in a very low quality 6N?
Our lineout was straight up malfunctioning at the world cup and the wounds self inflicted. Over throws, missed lifts and the rest even against minnows. Lineouts are largely about your own mechanics. A horrendous rugby team can have a really good lineout and it doesn't at all reflect form everywhere else on the pitch. England have some pretty decent lineout operators in any case.

Our lineout was straight up malfunctioning at the world cup and the wounds self inflicted. Over throws, missed lifts and the rest even against minnows. Lineouts are largely about your own mechanics. A horrendous rugby team can have a really good lineout and it doesn't at all reflect form everywhere else on the pitch. England have some pretty decent lineout operators in any case.
https://www.therugbyforum.com/threa...vs-ireland-09-03-24.49594/page-3#post-1178179

And they're dirty, dirty cheaters.

I agree fully. But is there a tougher coaching position in the world to do that than with England?

Maybe not.

But the role pays big money - rumoured to be £700K p.a - and for that you want outcomes, nothing else. Sounds brutal but that's the way of the world.

If you believe the press that's more than any of the other 6N coaches. Read that Farrell's on £350K plus performance related bonuses.

Maybe not.

But the role pays big money - rumoured to be £700K p.a - and for that you want outcomes, nothing else. Sounds brutal but that's the way of the world.

If you believe the press that's more than any of the other 6N coaches. Read that Farrell's on £350K plus performance related bonuses.
To be fair, Farrell probably has 3 offices in Dublin, for his LLC's routed through Amsterdam, or the Caymen islands or wherever is a popular tax break these days...

So that 350k is probably the equivalent of 500k.

Also dont be fooled by this Irish 'we keep it all clean' nonsense. So proud of GAA being amateur, I lived with the Offaly captain when in Clare nearly 20 years ago, he wasnt paid to play, except for the monstrous house his mortgage was covered, the car lease, his 2 spare rooms full of kit, and electric goods he redistributed lol. Rugby players in Ireland have huge financial incentives to stay!

But your right, if SB is being paid that handsomely (omg I thought Gatlands 500k was crazy when he returned) then balls to him, let him deal with the BS that is the job.

They're probably DACs.
Ah could be either. If Andy was feeling patriotic though he could just do it through Jersey or any number of British territories I'm sure though! Borthwick should get in on it too! Magically turn that 850k into a cool mill.

Tbf I'd probably be bitter if I lived with someone from Offaly as well.

Latest posts