• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] England vs Ireland - 09/03/24

Ben Curry as well

Tbf none of them seem like out of the ordinary kind of injuries you get at the top level of sport, a pulled calf here, a chest strain there - it's not like when EJ was ruining careers with judo sessions

In Ireland we put our IRFU Athletic Specimens™ into cryo chambers between training sessions and freeze them so they can't get injured or indeed damage their personal or the IRFU brand. We then feed crowd noise into the Cryo tube to ensure the IRFU Athletic Specimen™ is mentally prepared and for leisure time also loop Rocky's 1-3 as well as the first 2 Creed movies.

That's what success at this level looks like. England will never win another rugby match until they adapt

From What I hear Ireland going 6/2 split. Same as vs Wales:

- Keenan starts if fit
- Frawley vs Ringrose @ 23 depends on Keenan
- Bealham back on bench ahead of Oli J

Ben Curry as well

Tbf none of them seem like out of the ordinary kind of injuries you get at the top level of sport, a pulled calf here, a chest strain there - it's not like when EJ was ruining careers with judo sessions

True, but does make you wonder about the training emphasis and intensity. Unless someone can produce some meaningful stats comparing us to others I guess we'll just have to remain guilty by reputation.

Just imagine the damage Roots with his MMA background could have done under Jones 😮

Just imagine the damage Roots with his MMA background could have done under Jones 😮
He'd probably have been safer. Someone skilled who knows where the limits are and isn't worried about losing, Vs the rest of the very strong but clueless people trying to out-macho each other.

I do wonder if it's related to the defence training, especially if it's aimed at building endurance for high intensity. Running attack moves isn't quite as risky.

From What I hear Ireland going 6/2 split. Same as vs Wales:

- Keenan starts if fit
- Frawley vs Ringrose @ 23 depends on Keenan
- Bealham back on bench ahead of Oli J
Faz the Elder could share his selection with Borthers now. I don't think he has the insight or the cattle to do anything with the information before Saturday's match. Now

I have no basis for this but need to write it down in case it becomes true. If Genge starts, we lose. If he doesn't, we win.

You won't get to see it after throwing a can through your TV because Elliot Daly is playing a blinder.
What witch craft is this you speak of? ED starts off on here with a - 5 player rating best he's getting is 5 out of 10 for 3 tries and a MOM performance.

Between now and the end of the AI's we could be looking at one win against Japan. That leaves the next six nations to judge where we are at. If it's same old then we really do have a problem. Two years out from a RWC and a new manager with the same excuses as SB. New squad, we are building, two years isn't long enough yada yada.
Agree - after the 2025 six nations is too late to change, as you've reasoned here. And I'm with AgeingBack - I'm just not seeing Borthwick as a stunning coach to take England to 2027 world cup. If it doesn't come together *astoundingly* in the AIs, then SB needs to be on the bus back to Leicester, and ANother given a decent run in to the world cup.

(Hello, Owen? Do you have your dad's training manual? Would you like ££££££ ? )

If we get hammered and it's another nail in Borthwick's coffin then it's a price worth paying.
I really hate this type of attitude. I'd rather hope that England won with SB and developed from there. I'm not saying that it will happen but the type of venom that's aimed at Borthwick, Farrell, Eddie …………….. (insert name of latest pet hatred) is vile.

So that's at least Mitchell and the Smiths (heaven knows they must be miserable now….) all ruled out of matches through training injuries. What's going on? Others?

Underhill, Lawrence, probably Martin and M Smith will all have come direct into the side (or 23) at various times after injury without any meaningful rugby too.
👏🏼👏🏼 I see what you did there

Latest posts