• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] England v France 11 March 2023. Kickoff 16:45

Do the Du Preez brothers have an English granny?
Think Rob and Dan could switch if so

1. McIntyre
2. George
3. Schonert
4. Martin
5. Chessum
6. Curry
7. Willis
8. D Du Preez
9. Warr
10. R Du Preez
11. Watson
12. Lawrence
13. Marchant
14. Roebuck
15. Carpenter

Smash the **** out of the world cup with that tbh
Nothing says 'out on the lash' like putting together XVs on TRF.

Do the Du Preez brothers have an English granny?
Think Rob and Dan could switch if so

1. McIntyre
2. George
3. Schonert
4. Martin
5. Chessum
6. Curry
7. Willis
8. D Du Preez
9. Warr
10. R Du Preez
11. Watson
12. Lawrence
13. Marchant
14. Roebuck
15. Carpenter

Smash the **** out of the world cup with that tbh

Stop trying to overtake us in the race to the bottom.

I can't even laugh at that as England were my pick for the 6N - what a pathetic prediction. The 'post-Jones bounce' I expected has turned into a 'post-Jones splat'. If Borthwick pushes out another turd like that against Ireland (which is entirely possible) I can't see how the union can keep him.

No he's most of the reason we're in this mess.
No fan of EJ as I've said before but i doubt hes the core of your issues.

Feel like English expectation always serves to undermine your team. Someone will be half decent for 10 minutes and suddenly you all think you simply must be the best and are shocked and outraged when it doesnt happen.

EJ is a bit of a twat but hes also statically one of your best ever coaches.

I will reserve judgement on how poor we played today.
But firstly must say how well French played.
Change needed obviously for finance reasons and knee jerk reaction it's not coaching its amix of 3 and players to above.
Back row and backs standout as changes.
I will comment in the week to come on my choices v Ireland for the work needed heading yo RWC.
As it must start v Ireland.

This stat is always misleading - he was our best coach ever for his first RWC cycle but then one of our worst since then - the averages just haven't caught up yet
Fair enough. Guess we'll see how it pans out but I suspect you are worse off still.

English rugby is in a bad place.

(i) Result today is obvious. But it makes (ii) the result yesterday now doubly alarming.

(iii) Clubs in dire financial straits and (iv) having to pay big money for fairly average imports. Then (v) the whole concussion thing looming in the background over participation rates.

I don't know if, I certainly can't see one, the RFU have a plan for sorting things out bar keep muddling on and hoping it all works out.

I think structurally, (ii) and (iv) are a result of the knee-jerk dismissal of Stuart Lancaster and his team* and focussing only on the senior team and not the overall player development. With less quality local players, that has fed into (iii) and eventually (i).

*if they hadn't had Burgess forced on them....

Jones should never have been fired. Yeah, he was outspoken and prickly, but I had far more faith in him than I do with Borthwick. England are lucky their group isn't that difficult this coming world cup. Can actually see Australia knocking us out lol.

Latest posts