• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] Wales vs France (11/03/22)

Wtf is up with Wales' attack?
I think there's a number of reasons for our poor attack.

1. Biggar can't run an effective attack. 99 caps for Wales, and he's yet to show real attacking edge other than the odd cross kick. He relies on others, e.g. Tomos Williams last week. Paralels can be seen with Scarlets this season - have looked dross with Dan Jones at 10 who's a similar kicking 10 to Biggar. Patchell has made a huge difference, and Wales could do worse than turning to him at 10, or Jarrod Evans.

2. Our centres are poor in attack. JD2 was overall poor v France and is a shadow of his former self. Watkin is solid defensively, but doesn't offer much in attack. North comes back in at 13 once he proves his fitness, but 12 is a massive issue. A second playmaker wouldn't go amiss, or a big battering ram to generate momentum.

3. Our lineout is still a big issue. 100% return looks good on paper, but despite picking Seb Davies as another jumping option, we still didn't throw to the tail. Shows the lack of confidence in our throwers. By the end of the game France were flooding through to Hardy as he took another ponderous middle/front ball and stopped our attack dead by either smothering Hardy or forcing a poor pass.

4. Ball carrying. Just one-up runners so we struggle to make much momentum. When we do, our runners are isolated at the breakdown resulting in either slow ball, or a turnover.

These have been issues since Pivac took over though, so not sure what's going to change. Whatever we're trying to do isn't working, so thr gameplan probably needs to change. Our only solution to the lineout seems to be Tipuric, we're lost without him, but we need to figure it out.

"Moral victory" - it's like the 90s al over again
At least they aren't spamming everywhere with accusations of cheating, for a change, at least not yet. I'm sure they will find a player somewhere who was nudged that they can paint as the greatest travesty in world rugby.

"Moral victory" - it's like the 90s al over again
No-one I know have been claiming moral victories, jusy lamenting our continuous failings in key areas of thr game. Can't challenge without an attack.

France weren't great yesterday, resorted to kicking everything instead of playing their natural game, but defensively they were very good, typical Edwards defensive system that pressured us and our skills let us down. France lose that game without Edwards as defense coach.

At least they aren't spamming everywhere with accusations of cheating, for a change, at least not yet. I'm sure they will find a player somewhere who was nudged that they can paint as the greatest travesty in world rugby.
Not this again guys! Wtf is your problem?

You think this thread is representative of Welsh fans?
You think twitter/wol comments are? If you're going to comment on this thread, don't tar us posters with dross you've seen elsewhere. Jf we all did that this place wouldn't work. I've asked you a number of times now, it's just so ******* boring and insulting!

Had a dream I was stranded on a desert island with Butler and Jiffy. Note to self - mute TV and listen to radio commentary next time.

You think twitter/wol comments are? If you're going to comment on this thread, don't tar us posters with dross you've seen elsewhere. Jf we all did that this place wouldn't work. I've asked you a number of times now, it's just so ******* boring and insulting!
Twitter, WOL, Facebook, Your own captain, Scrum V, the commentators. We have had to live with the "arrogant English" label, I think you're just going to have to suck up the "whining Welsh" one.

What's boring and insulting is the anti-English nationalism that comes spewing out of Wales every time that fixture is on. I've seen it in Cardiff myself and people such as you seem determined to pretend it doesn't exist. I never specified anything about posters here so stop pretending I am. The only accusation I'd make about Welsh posters is how you are so desperate to pretend there isn't a serious attitude problem in Wales towards England.

But you've had your say, I've had mine. You may be sick to the back teeth of me saying it and I'm sick to the back teeth of seeing it. I used to support the other home nations when I was younger, I couldn't now seeing how bitter and petty so many of them are towards us and yes this is first hand too, not just over social media.

Twitter, WOL, Facebook, Your own captain, Scrum V, the commentators. We have had to live with the "arrogant English" label, I think you're just going to have to suck up the "whining Welsh" one.

What's boring and insulting is the anti-English nationalism that comes spewing out of Wales every time that fixture is on. I've seen it in Cardiff myself and people such as you seem determined to pretend it doesn't exist. I never specified anything about posters here so stop pretending I am. The only accusation I'd make about Welsh posters is how you are so desperate to pretend there isn't a serious attitude problem in Wales towards England.

But you've had your say, I've had mine. You may be sick to the back teeth of me saying it and I'm sick to the back teeth of seeing it. I used to support the other home nations when I was younger, I couldn't now seeing how bitter and petty so many of them are towards us and yes this is first hand too, not just over social media.
I see you have the same chip on your shoulder you label at all of Welsh people. There's a word for that I think.

I see you have the same chip on your shoulder you label at all of Welsh people. There's a word for that I think.
Thought you would try to pull that card. The Welsh I met who were disgusting did so because of my nationality, nothing else. I dislike a lot of Welsh fans based on what I have seen and experienced. Those 2 are not alike. "Welsh fans are not representative of Welsh fans". Cool, glad my 3 visits to Cardiff having abuse thrown at me every time was not representative of Welsh fans. Well I do hope the actual representatives turn up some day.

Thought you would try to pull that card. The Welsh I met who were disgusting did so because of my nationality, nothing else. I dislike a lot of Welsh fans based on what I have seen and experienced. Those 2 are not alike. "Welsh fans are not representative of Welsh fans". Cool, glad my 3 visits to Cardiff having abuse thrown at me every time was not representative of Welsh fans. Well I do hope the actual representatives turn up some day.
Sorry for your experiences. Some people are tools, sorry to break it to you, but that's the world. There's sporting rivalry, and some people take it too far.

You really need to learn to separate that from you'r overall opinion about an entire nation.

The welsh media do like to moan and whine as do all the social media welshies. Nothing wrong with pointing out the truth is there?

Latest posts