• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2021 British & Irish Lions Squad

If there's zero percent chance he starts then why did he get called up?
Doesn't that just prove bias?
Gray would absolutely be pushing for a starting spot, so what's the reasoning behind calling up someone who has no chance?

I mean, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that I bump into Gal Gadot and she offers me back to her place. It's possible.

What do you think the chances are? Give me a percentage.
How the **** do you think I can calculate a percentage on what is going on in someone elses mind ffs? What an idiotic thing to ask

If there's zero percent chance he starts then why did he get called up?
Doesn't that just prove bias?
Gray would absolutely be pushing for a starting spot, so what's the reasoning behind calling up someone who has no chance?
Obviously there's not a zero % chance he starts. As we've found out there are these things called injuries.

Going by the reaction on here there must be about a dozen or so locks who have been smashing it up in international rugby this past year to make everyone this upset Beard has gone but all anyone has said is Gray.

Who else have we got other than Gray. I mean, this is such an outrageous decision you lot must be able to reel off another 10 names at least that are far more deserving.

How the **** do you think I can calculate a percentage on what is going on in someone elses mind ffs?
I'm asking you what you think the chances are that he starts Beard over Itoje assuming they're both fit. It's not a complicate question.

I think you know that the chances are extremely small.

I'm asking you what you think the chances are that he starts Beard over Itoje assuming they're both fit. It's not a complicate question.

I think you know that the chances are extremely small.
How the hell should I know? I already told you unlikely but asking for a percentage is just such a stupid question. Clearly your ability to detect humour has failed.

Of course I think Itoje will start, but it's not a no brainer. If he's bang on it, that's one thing, but he's not hugely stood out for Eng of late and he's coming from an easy season in the Championship.

There's his penalty count for one. From a line out perspective Etzebeth is 2.03, de Jäger 2.05. Itoje 1.95. The Boks will try to attack him and with that height differential the hooker has to be bang on - that might mean George whose top form hasn't been seen for a while either.

Jonny Hill hasn't been selected because he's one of the best 4 locks available. But he's good at line out time, can look the Bok locks squarely in the eye and has a good club partnership with the form hooker. He might be seen as a horse for this particular course.

Obviously there's not a zero % chance he starts. As we've found out there are these things called injuries.

Going by the reaction on here there must be about a dozen or so locks who have been smashing it up in international rugby this past year to make everyone this upset Beard has gone but all anyone has said is Gray.

Who else have we got other than Gray. I mean, this is such an outrageous decision you lot must be able to reel off another 10 names at least that are far more deserving.
Not really, he only has to be picked over one more deserving player to be a terrible decision, and he has been

I mean, Hill being in the squad is the biggest joke selection but you know, Gats and his Welsh bias hey.

Gatland clearly doesn't rate Gray. And the Scottish coaches haven't convinced him otherwise.

Beard may make some sense vs the Boks anyway, being 6'8" and over 19st can be handy vs a side who love to beat up their opposition.

It's as simple as that imo, and it's not batshit crazy reasoning.

If Beard plays well when given a chance he could easily be involved in the tests. He's a better player than Johnny Hill imo. so that get's him close to a bench spot unless Beirne covers lock from the pitch.

I like Beirne at 6. And gives the Lions another line out option.

Was thinking of Maro and Hendo combo in the second row, but will probably get done by the triple towers of Etzebeth, De Jäger and Du Toit.

I like Beirne at 6. And gives the Lions another line out option.

Was thinking of Maro and Hendo combo in the second row, but will probably get done by the triple towers of Etzebeth, De Jäger and Du Toit.

Henderson ran the attacking lineout yesterday and Ireland's attacking lineout in the 6N both have been pretty good a back 5 with Itoje, Henderson, Beirne, Curry and Faletau/Conan gives you plenty of options to work with.

Has Gatland or anyone made any comments on Kruis actually?

The Murray call is so weird, I'm sure he has leadership qualities but you've got two national captains, at least two club captains who've captained their country and a guy who's in the Irish leadership group over Murray. Obviously last time in SA a guy who wasn't national captain got picked but POC had an absolute wealth of captaincy experience whereas Murray doesn't. It's just very odd.

I suspect Murray doesn't answer back much. Gatland's strong on a united front and I suspect that Farrell in particular has qualities that may make that a problem.

It might not be obvious welsh bias but on what planet is beard better than gray? Or most other 6 nations locks. He's soooo bang average it's unbelievable.

I don't get Navidi either, how is a 6 a replacement for an out and out 7. Surely we should have called JVF or another open side up?

It might not be obvious welsh bias but on what planet is beard better than gray? Or most other 6 nations locks. He's soooo bang average it's unbelievable.

I don't get Navidi either, how is a 6 a replacement for an out and out 7. Surely we should have called JVF or another open side up?
This is all well and good but Gatland picked Johnny ******* Hill in the original squad. Just goes to show opinions are like arseholes.

Do agree that Gatland doesn't rate Johnny Gray. That's two Lions tours now he'a not picked him. Despite his work rate.

But yes, is there any reason why Gatland doesn't pick Kruis? He's back from Japan isn't he?

Lets be fair Hill getting picked over Ryan and Gray was a joke as is Lawes in my opinion. The fact he's now plucked Beard who is equally as anonymous as Hill just shows Gatland hasn't got a ******* clue.