• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Wales v Ireland (16/03/2019)

Not a good campaign from Ireland but a bit of balance would be nice.

Go back to the late 80s and all of the 90s. Beating France and Scotland in the same campaign would be rightly lauded. Ireland lost to a really strong England team who played above themselves and a Wales team chasing a slam on a massive win streak. There's nothing to be ashamed about.

A few tweaks and Ireland will be back.

I few changes won't do us any harm, but I don't think we have better options at centre/wing with the exception of Henshaw for Aki which isn't a massive upgrade, Henshaw is slightly smarter but that's it.

Leavy will make a big difference in the back row.when he gets back.

I think Henshaw has much better distribution than Aki.

Leafy should make a big difference if on form, another ball carrier and someone who can make steaks.

Wow, how much has this thread degenerated since I first looked a couple of hours before the game?

Wales fan. Was very nervous prior to the start because I don't think we've played that well this tournament. The only team I feel we really outwitted and outplayed were England.

Not once in that England game did I feel nervous. I was expecting the Supermen to turn up in Cardiff and I knew within the first 20 minutes that we were going to beat them. They just had nothing that we couldn't cope with.

The Scotland game, second half, and they suddenly found something and I was worried. I think Scotland coming back in that game was the most nervous I've felt in this whole tournament. We could have lost it by a couple of points and there would have been no GS on the table today.

But we held on and then it was Ireland. Favourites going into this tournament and '2nd in the world'.

The only time I saw Ireland show any touch of class today, was on the set moves coming out of the line outs, and then for a few seconds you saw a bit of flair. But that was it.

Momentous day for me as a Welsh fan and no it wasn't the most thrilling game, but that doesn't make it taste any less sweet.

Not a good campaign from Ireland but a bit of balance would be nice.

Go back to the late 80s and all of the 90s. Beating France and Scotland in the same campaign would be rightly lauded. Ireland lost to a really strong England team who played above themselves and a Wales team chasing a slam on a massive win streak. There's nothing to be ashamed about.

A few tweaks and Ireland will be back.
This will be best thing to happen them. It enforces the few tweaks needed, brings a few back to planet earth and goes back to being a chaser as opposed to chased

Thoroughly enjoyed every game. Who'd have thought the one sided game would be this one?
In all this madness, though, it's nice to see that Sky continue to be completely clueless when it comes to rugby...

upload_2019-3-16_19-14-47.png

Thoroughly enjoyed every game. Who'd have thought the one sided game would be this one?
In all this madness, though, it's nice to see that Sky continue to be completely clueless when it comes to rugby...

View attachment 7100
I'm going mad,
What's wrong with the screen shot? I've been staring at it for like 2 mins haha

I thought it was good :p

Never seen scores recorded that way in a rugby match, just looked soooo wrong.
(If you read a lot of comment, the ref did actually award Wales that many undeserved penalties btw)

Amazing performance by Wales! They really do seem like an amazing team - far more than the sum of their parts. I honestly think that on paper Wales are bang average, but they really play well as a combination. Hats off to Gatland, Edwards (especially for their recent defensive displays!) and Alun Wyn Jones.

If they'd have brought Larmour on earlier he could have definitely scored 80

Schmidt the coward

It was looking like Ozzie Rules scoring. We won due to the penalties, but they gave it a good go with all the try's and conversions.

Tis all part of Schmidts plan, we won't see another big performance from Ireland till the QF. Have them right where we want them.

Latest posts