• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] England v Scotland (16/03/2019)

Best game I ever saw...

I'm surprised its the best one you saw this afternoon. :p

What I like about today is that fans of five countries are despondent and gutted by the way things went. And then there is the Welsh. A real case of winner takes all.

What I like about today is that fans of five countries are despondent and gutted by the way things went. And then there is the Welsh. A real case of winner takes all.

Is Sam Johnson winning you over Bruce? :) Thought he along with Russell were superb in the second half. Really hope Huw Jones is fit and in form going into the WC with either Duncan Taylor or SJ inside him.

I can hardly string a finger together right now but... yeah :)!

Check out Finn Russell taking out both May and Tuilagi WITH HIS EYES at 22 seconds and creating the gap for Johnson. Absolute class.

Last edited:
I know there were both excellent and poor individual performances in both sides today. And I know there is disagreement and debate about England's mindset. It's so much more damaging to surrender dominance and a large lead than it is to come back from the dead. At least that shows spirit. England's "killer instinct" (if they ever had one) was left in the dressing room at half time along with their spirit.
Let us not celebrate the draw. Let us praise Scotland's sheer guts and never say die attitude and ask what the £uck happened to England?
Lack of leadership?
Poor psyche?
Over coached?
Poor key individual decision making?
Too much aimless robotic kicking from hand?
And, while I'm not blaming him for any one thing, is Manu the man he was? Is he a busted flush?
Is Faz really a captain?
Why wasn't Big Joe C even in the 23?

There is something rotten in the state of England - (my apologies to Wm Shakespeare)

Check out Finn Russell taking out both May and Tuilagi WITH HIS EYES at 22 seconds creating the space for Johnson. Absolute class.

Honestly Ogg... I took a lot of convincing on Finn but I'm fully on board now. This probably sounds a little bi-polar but he has quickly gone from a massive risk to my favourite 10 in the game (I'm well aware how crazy that sounds).

Honestly Ogg... I took a lot of convincing on Finn but I'm fully on board now. This probably sounds a little bi-polar but he has quickly gone from a massive risk to my favourite 10 in the game (I'm well aware how crazy that sounds).
Most fan favourite 10s are a bit of a liability.

I ******* love Cipriani but he's almost as likely to lose you a game as win you one.
The excitement/audacity is what draws you in

I ******* love Cipriani but he's almost as likely to lose you a game as win you one.

You are totally right Olyy... but as a romantic Welshman on a day like this (literally Elbows 'A Day Like This' is banging right now) a 10 like Russell curls my toes!

ian-madigan-celebrates-after-the-game-3-752x501.jpg

It could just be his sweet flow and aesthetics though.

One half of rugby doesn't necessarily make him a god.
Look at his poor first half.
He is a good player but no more or less than that.

Sounds like an insane game. Will have to watch it in full when I get background to the UK. How the hell did England blow a 31 nil lead?

I'll be honest. We could have laid a mark down.... we did, it was a pile of ****.

Latest posts