• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Rugby Championship] Round 4: New Zealand v South Africa (15/09/2018)

benders the best FB in the world. if barrett were to move i'd put him in wing....oh wait we have naholo and reiko there.
barrett is by far a better option at 10. whilst he has a howler now and again, with the tee, he usually picks up his game afterwards. remember a couple of weeks ago when he had that game that totally shut out mounga as a 1st5 option? he was absolutely sublime then. those are the kind of games barrett is capable of that no one else can emulate.
i still have utmost faith in barrett and the ABs
Against Australia? might as well cement a player in for playing well against Canada.

benders the best FB in the world. if barrett were to move i'd put him in wing....oh wait we have naholo and reiko there.
barrett is by far a better option at 10. whilst he has a howler now and again, with the tee, he usually picks up his game afterwards. remember a couple of weeks ago when he had that game that totally shut out mounga as a 1st5 option? he was absolutely sublime then. those are the kind of games barrett is capable of that no one else can emulate.
i still have utmost faith in barrett and the ABs
The idea is to have options prepared at 10 for next year's RWC in case of injuries i think...so that's why Hansen will probably give one of either Mo'unga or D Mac a start against Argentina. Barret came back with 4 tries last time he was rested so it can't do any harm to repeat the process can it? There is alot of talk about managing players workloads these days as well so it's in his best interests to have a break.

The idea is to have options prepared at 10 for next year's RWC in case of injuries i think...so that's why Hansen will probably give one of either Mo'unga or D Mac a start against Argentina. Barret came back with 4 tries last time he was rested so it can't do any harm to repeat the process can it? There is alot of talk about managing players workloads these days as well so it's in his best interests to have a break.
didnt M'unga start last week?...so this game was barrett after a rest...

I just dont get the "he's the best player in the world so we have to fit him in....but Smiths better at 15 position so we'll jam him in 10" idea

everyone's allowed a bad game...i think Hansen just made it worse by not pulling him for DMac

if you have to force him into the team then how about in the centres, could he work hitting short balls?

relax. its all good. one game does not a worldCup make.
believe it or not ABs cant win everything. as far as games to lose go this one is better than a WC final.
im still backing the ABs to do well for the rest of the RC and EOYT and then onto the WC.
this loss should be taken for what it was , a reminder that ABs need to be more accurate to win.
i am glad we lost. it shows that we cant slapdash an opposition and still win it. Boks did ABs a massive favour as they are often wont to do in the way that only the boks can.
hansen isnt suddenly a bad coach. he's still got a 90% win record .
these players arent suddenly bad. theyve been part of this golden era for awhile now.
read isnt all of sudden a bad captain. he lead by example and thats all you can ask.
barrett isnt a bad kicker. he may have an off night but then who doesnt. last time this happened barrett went on to have an awesome season with the tee.
everyone relax.

that's not quite right

the game most definitely further exposed problems people who look a little deeper knew we had
we have been struggling for consistency for avery long time now, it's hard to remember the last time we put a run of good performances together

that's not quite right

the game most definitely further exposed problems people who look a little deeper knew we had
we have been struggling for consistency for avery long time now, it's hard to remember the last time we put a run of good performances together
What planet do you live on, Seriously. Struggling? you lost one match.

didnt M'unga start last week?...so this game was barrett after a rest...

I just dont get the "he's the best player in the world so we have to fit him in....but Smiths better at 15 position so we'll jam him in 10" idea

everyone's allowed a bad game...i think Hansen just made it worse by not pulling him for DMac

if you have to force him into the team then how about in the centres, could he work hitting short balls?

it started in 2016 when he made noise about leaving to Europe when Carter retired and Cruden was getting starts over Barrett after Barrett was stomping Super Rugby at 10

remember in the winter series, think it was vs Wales?

so in comes Barrett as starting 10 at Crudens expense who left after the RC.

it's not just about the result, it's the performance of the team

1 game will be followed up by a poor performance

we haven't been punished so regular in the RC because the opposition hasn't been at it's best for sometime now

i dont think he means consistently wining, i think he means, one game we'll crush it in the scrums and line outs and then the next we'll get pushed around, one game we'll land every special pass in the book and the next we'll drop everything, even when were winning you dont know how its going to happen...which makes if feel like they're making it up on the field

some of this is injury based but others is shag not being able to decide who he want in hid midfield for example

the selections definitely need to be reined in to some extent,

a big problem has been the injury problems with Crotty and SBW, so we haven't been able to have a stable pairing for sometime now

if fit they will be starters at the RWC, it's a big if tho

i think i like goodhue....

im a big one for if you're cut out for the black jersey to actually elevate your game when you get the chance, both smiths, for example play better fore the ab's than for otago, dane coles always steps up, nonu and smith shone even after average super season...even i have to admit SBW steps up.....currently....guys like goodhue and hemepo have been given a go and looked very good!...jordie not so much

Goodhue is really good huh
really impressed with him, I mentioned earlier i was relaly surprised we didn't see him start with Crotty in the midfield since the chance was there for a first time pairing
ALB probably 4th choice now if Goodhue can keep consistently performing
Need to see Frizzel play more, but he's been imrpessive too,
Fifita doesn't look favoured anymore? seems to be doing fine in the mitre10 cup, will he get a call up since Squire is injured?

problem is some of the guys are performing against Aussie/SA/Argentina who aren't at their best currently, so it's hard to know if they're the real deal or not

i forgot about frizzel and he plays for the highlanders! i just love it when these guys seize their chance

Frizell is massively overrated. Its so strange you have a guy like Ioane who can't get a look in yet you have Frizell who probably gets a starting position now.

Frizell is massively overrated. Its so strange you have a guy like Ioane who can't get a look in yet you have Frizell who probably gets a starting position now.

have to disagree, was great for the Highlanders (hat trick on debut) and i think gave a big hit of what an effective link he can be between broken play forwards and unleashing the backline

Akira Ioane?? A sloth would have a better workrate.
Seriously, that guy has got where he is on natural talent and nothing else. He's an incredible athlete, don't get me wrong, but the way he plays the game he's only using a fraction of that potential.
Haven't seen any of him in NPC yet so hopefully that assessment is out of date.

Well Frizell will have his chance now Squire is out for the rest of the RC.

I'm still in awe about our win this past weekend, especially when I realised that we were now basically on tour for 4 weeks in a row, while NZ were at home for the past 3.

It begs the question that would the results in the past have been so favourable to the AB's had the tournament been more equal to all 4 teams regarding schedules...

how is the schedule not equal? everyone has to play home and away, we now have to fly to Argentina and and RSA, any disparity can only be down to Aussie and NZ being relatively close together, something that cant easily be changed

how is the schedule not equal? everyone has to play home and away, we now have to fly to Argentina and and RSA, any disparity can only be down to Aussie and NZ being relatively close together, something that cant easily be changed

The thing is that the Springboks have 3 consecutive away games, making their tour way longer than any other team. While the All Blacks host 3 consecutive tests, with Australia and Argentina being in the middle of touring 1 or 2 weeks at a time.

There is a reason why SANZAAR is looking into changing the schedule of the RC to even things up...

Latest posts