• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 6 Nations] Round 5 : England v Ireland (17/03/2018)

England will be up for this one.
Playing at home in Twickenham, having just lost two on the bounce to Scotland and France, they will be fizzing to put down the league leaders.
This will be a different England.
No walk overs here.

Just re watch the last 20 of france v england, hask sinkler and simmonds all had somr very strong carries and glad they are starting.

My main annoyance in this england 15 v ireland is hartley in LCD not in. The lineout he messed up they went down to 5 man line out and put more pressure on someone who has been with the team a week, so he can be forgiven then he got the next one. But his carrying, tackling and just physicality, brings so much more than hartley

Kruis itoje? Works well for sarries and launch will be more impact. wigs faz same again works well and care/ford can bring an impact.

But generally happy with the squad apart from LCD not included.

Just a side point when is marcus smith going to get a chance? Not saying he should or i wanted him in for this game but he is a real prospect and running threat. I hope he get a shot on the bench in the summer. Amonst others.

If England win their Bonuses will be larger than if Ireland win the Slam.

That is nuts. Shows the difference on finances.

Watching highlights of last year's fixture and its outrageous to see the improvement of Earls' game in the past 12 months, he looked too slow and too blunt this time last year while his form since the summer tour has been nothing short of outstanding.

Watching highlights of last year's fixture and its outrageous to see the improvement of Earls' game in the past 12 months, he looked two slow and two blunt this time last year while his form since the summer tour has been nothing short of outstanding.
Factor in this is really his first season without injuries to the extent of before

Just a side point when is marcus smith going to get a chance?

Somewhere around 2021 I'd hope. Let him develop without the hype and put his feet up after his first full season. Let's see how how he handles second season syndrome at club level before even thinking about it. Talent for sure, but not one so precious that he needs fast tracking.

Not exactly a fantasy XV, but pleasantly surprised with a number of decisions making good sense. Except Cole on the bench.

Have to say I find a few quite laughable, esp Faz and JJ being on par with Sexton and Ringrose currently.

Not in a million years. Even on top form Farrell is barely a sufficient understudy to Sexton.

They are man for man better pretty much everywhere on form I think? Not that it won't be close on the day, but on paper they're laughably better

Not liking this England team. The right selections in the right places.

Ireland need to be on top of their game - soldier fields intensity

Leavy = Hask
Simmonds .5 less than Stander
Same with Sinck and Furlong

Someone is taking the proverbial.

Edit: Sexton should be 8x9^316

Also Earl better than May da fuk is that.
Best = Hartley........... I mean Hartley should be a 5 and Best a 7 IMO.

Watson still hasn't impressed me as a international 15 yet.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/england-vs-ireland-player-vs-player-preview-ratings

According to this
England have 2 better players
Ireland have 6 better players
and 7 players are the same.

Have to say I find a few quite laughable, esp Faz and JJ being on par with Sexton and Ringrose currently.

Ridiculous article. Scoring of the centres is way off. Joseph is a poor man's Ringrose and T'eo is a poor man's Aki. Sexton has been so much better than Farrell for club and country this season that the idea that he should be within a point let alone tied is laughable.

We also get these gems:

'Watson acquitted himself well against France'
'Stockdale hasn't put a foot wrong defensively'
'Ryan has made significant errors'

lol.

You'd think they were after mixing Stockdale and Ryan up reading that nonsense. Ryan has been flawless for his entire career. Haskell would be 7th choice at best for Leinster, how he's on the same score as Leavy is beyond me.

Also Hartley on the same score as Best? Really? Who writes this? Do they watch rugby? Jamie George > Every other hooker in both squads > Most qualified hookers not in either squad > Hartley. Best is a better player and a better captain. Only player in the England team who'd get close to Ireland on form is Daly.