• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 6 Nations] Round 4 : Ireland v Scotland (10/03/2018)

Typical Scotland play England like a top class team give up agaibst everyone else...

TV3 already calling next week "Grand Slam Saturday", Schmidt saying we've won it all... I like it. Biggest winning streak in Irish history added to Joe's resumé also!
That was unlike Schmidt. He said it's nice to wrap it up winning the ***le at home for 1st time

Ringrose, Kearney and superb. The entire pack were brilliant as well. Jordi Murphy brilliant off the bench which means we mightn't miss SOB as much as we thought. We weren't perfect by any means but a bonus point win is a great result. Five seasons under Schmidt and still unbeaten at home in the 6N is phenomenal as well.

Ireland's team at the end of the game had Andrew Porter (22), James Ryan (21), Dan Leavy (23), Joey Carbery (22), Garry Ringrose (23), Jacob Stockdale (21) and Jordan Larmour (20). Bodes well for the future.

Does CJ Stander seem a bit off form to anyone else? He's not making rampaging runs this season for Ireland unlike last season.

Twickenham and the summer tour to Australia are huge games for the development of this Ireland team. Win 3 out of 4 and they'll show they're World Cup contenders. Win 1 or none and they're no further along than they were in 2015.

Ireland's team at the end of the game had Andrew Porter (22), James Ryan (21), Dan Leavy (23), Joey Carbery (22), Garry Ringrose (23), Jacob Stockdale (21) and Jordan Larmour (20). Bodes well for the future.

Does CJ Stander seem a bit off form to anyone else? He's not making rampaging runs this season for Ireland unlike last season.

Twickenham and the summer tour to Australia are huge games for the development of this Ireland team. Win 3 out of 4 and they'll show they're World Cup contenders. Win 1 or none and they're no further along than they were in 2015.
Think it's more the role CJ playing. He's taking more balls that bit more narrower. He's still carrying big with Munster and even now still doing a huge amount just is a receiver in closer.

Agree on both start regarding youth and end regarding next 4 games.
Australia are not great so targetingbthe series is definitely a goal and well England seem to have gone off the boil a bit so that is definitely a target but equally the performance more than result is my view next weekend

His carrying has definitely been curtailed a bit. Slight case of post Lions hangover maybe, but I do also feel he's putting emphasis on other areas more. No where near as noticeable as he was, but as demonstrated by Heaslip's development that's not necessarily a fault for an 8. Would need to watch the games again to see exactly what he's doing to be honest, but reduced carrying effectiveness at test level is bound to happen.

I remember saying I wanted 4/5 in the 6n, 2/3 in summer and 3/3 in Autumn this year to leave us in a strong place for the RWC. I stand by it but we can do 2 better.
How we fare against NZ is a serious barometer. Take a beating against them in Nov in Dublin and I'd say we are a bit off

I think leavy really needs to work on his pace. Looks very pedestrian defending in the wider channels. There've been 2 breaks against us this championship with leavy just getting gassed outside. For an international 7 he should be much sharper and quicker, even looking at him he's on his heels the whole time. Could be an easy fix and I think he really needs to improve on it

I think leavy really needs to work on his pace. Looks very pedestrian defending in the wider channels. There've been 2 breaks against us this championship with leavy just getting gassed outside. For an international 7 he should be much sharper and quicker, even looking at him he's on his heels the whole time. Could be an easy fix and I think he really needs to improve on it
To be fair I think it has been noted on Leavy but is more he is still young and building the engine required

Think a better read would have made sure the break never happened. He got sucked in too easily. He's not Artie Savea but I'd say he's faster than O'Brien at least.

Congrats to Ireland and deserved the most consistent team , I always knew this French team were underrated.

Congrats to Ireland.
The best team in this years 6 Nations have deservedly won the ***le.

Grand Slam?......................quite likely.

Latest posts