• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] The FINAL: Lions vs. Crusaders (05/08/2017)

Don't underestimate the Japies.
There's millions of the buggers and they live and breathe rugby, and they breed those buggers big.
They will be back and stronger than they have been for a lomng time.
Shortening up the saffer teams in the conference will make them stronger and harder.
They will start to take more Kiwi scalps again like they used too in previous times.
They're a proud bunch for good reason. Historically they are a rugby powerhouse.

4:00pm start in the UK. The perfect time and leaves the question as to watch it at home or go to the pub?

The only problem is the football season kicks off and my local pubs will most likely be showing the Championship games.

I always watch matches downloaded after the fact so the time doesnt bother me.

What I hate though is watching games played in half sun and half shade! It looks terrible on TV and the fans at the venue and players must hate it, do they really do it so the coverage doesnt clash with another rugby game? Kinda doesnt seem worth it does it?

I always watch matches downloaded after the fact so the time doesnt bother me.

What I hate though is watching games played in half sun and half shade! It looks terrible on TV and the fans at the venue and players must hate it, do they really do it so the coverage doesnt clash with another rugby game? Kinda doesnt seem worth it does it?
I watched the lions v canes game last weekend, and the first thing out of the commentators mouth was the fact the winner would face the crusaders. A game I was yet to watch, on delay, and still haven't bothered with, cos I know the outcome. Ruins the game, knowing the outcome, so be careful you lock yourself in a room while you watch, and turn off all technology...... ;)

Should be a humdinger.
I'm predicting a close result either way.
The Crusaders are the better team but that slight edge in wquality will be cancelled out by home advantage.

The home crowd is going to play a massive role. It' will be an intense atmosphere but as Israel Dagg said to the media. If they get ahead of the Lions quickly then they should be able to silence the crowd to a degree. I feel whoever is leading by half time will probably win it. If the lions is leading by half time they can quickly inflate a score into the 40s and 50s . Crusaders on the other hand can just squeeze everything out of the Lions and make Jantjies look as if he never pitched for the game.

My prediction is Crusaders by 3-6 at full time.

Any poor calls by the ref, and the ref should be hung after the game.

The Saders needa keep this tight for as long as possible, because the sooner the game loosens up the sooner they'll fatigue and the Lions will run over them.
I think the 1st 5 battle is the key match up. I back Mo'unga to control the game.

Very excited for the match, unchanged team, coach looking like a freaking viking, full Ellis Park, and a good opposition. Hopefully Peyper isn't too nervous and blows the game down the middle, pretty sure it's any pro refs dream to ref a final on a stage as big as today's so just rewards for the man after a consistent season. The forwards are going to have a hellish day imo, I reckon there's a good chance that Jaintjies will be targeted aswell so I hope he can handle the pressure. Cronje has been on top of his game so hopefully the pressure on 10 will be subdued a tad. Let us not discount the impact that these benches will have, Ellis Park is tiring even without the intensity and stress of a final, so changes at the right moment could make all the difference. I'm backing the Lions by 6. I hope JA gets his win before he leaves the club, after what he's done to his team he deserves a cup. GO LIONS!!!!

I'm no medical expert but this sounds like terrible medical advice for the Crusaders.

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/crusaders-not-worried-about-altitude-taylor/

You don't have to be frightened by altitude but you have to respect it. You certainly have to take it into account with your gameplan. I want to see the Crusaders kicking out of touch from their 22 constantly to break up the game.

Lions playing some frantic and uncontrolled rugby, at a high intensity. Plenty of emotion here at the outset!

The Crusaders have taken their two opportunities in a clinical and controlled way. Very close to being three.

Lions are going to convert some of their poession into points soon or they could find themselves out of it by half time.

A tough one, lions have to dig deep to save the scoreline. Stress is killing me already!! I think the Lions can still do it though, they are making meters, they just need to calm down

Wowee. That could be curtains. Will take a superhuman effort from the Lions now.

Game over for the Lions now. I can't see them coming back with only 14 men on the field for the whole second half.

Typical really, I bet in the alternate universe where I bet on the Crusaders the Lions would have won.

Latest posts