Club or Nation
South Africa
Super%20Rugby.png

Kings.png
Versus%20Super.png
K9WX3W0.png

Venue: Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium
Time: 19:00 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Im calling a close one this time around. Kings will try to avenge for that loss at BSAS. Jags are playing with out 3/4 players, also again a very low level. Jags by 5.

this is the less interesting game in the history of sport
ill watch it anyway ;)

Unbelievably the Kings are going into this with a very good chance of winning. The Jags are just an awful side right now and I hope they'll improve because the Rugby Championship is going to be a nasty affair for them as the Pumas if they don't. You could be looking at consistent 60 or 70 point losses played out to the identical start fast/finish slow game pattern. Win here and it was "only the Kings". Lose and they probably have to be considered the weakest team in the competition. A no win situation. I think it will be close with the Kings to win by 2 but the only sure thing is that this won't be the game that turns the Jags' season around.

Kings v Jaguares
Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium, Port Elizabeth
Kick-Off: 19:00 local
Referee: Nick Briant
R1A: Quinton Immelman
AR2: Ben Crouse
TMO: Marius Jonker

this is the less interesting game in the history of sport
ill watch it anyway ;)

I hope the Jaguars win, at least they play entertaining rugby unlike the majority of South Africa :D

Unbelievably the Kings are going into this with a very good chance of winning. The Jags are just an awful side right now and I hope they'll improve because the Rugby Championship is going to be a nasty affair for them as the Pumas if they don't. You could be looking at consistent 60 or 70 point losses played out to the identical start fast/finish slow game pattern. Win here and it was "only the Kings". Lose and they probably have to be considered the weakest team in the competition. A no win situation. I think it will be close with the Kings to win by 2 but the only sure thing is that this won't be the game that turns the Jags' season around.

They have to play the best rugby they can for sure. Jags lose everything haha but most of the matches were close till 70+ mins. Kings cant say that much and that´s a lot of difference between 2 teams.

While numbers may suggest otherwise Jags without all they best players are overall a better team. If we bring a B game should be enough to win by 10.

Nah Jags will smash the hapless kings, come on lads the Jags aren't that bad.
I'm from the Eastern Cape and want the Kings to do well but they are 4 years and a lot of money away from being Super Rugby level.

Jags by like 15.

Nah Jags will smash the hapless kings, come on lads the Jags aren't that bad.
I'm from the Eastern Cape and want the Kings to do well but they are 4 years and a lot of money away from being Super Rugby level.

Jags by like 15.

Maybe the Kings will be bolstered by the news that Cheeky Watson is going to step down. At least now the players know that they'll get paid...

I don't see the Kings as in with a chance here unless the Jaguares implode on a grand scale.

I was about to argue in favour of our chances and suddenly i remembered our games against the SW.
Our performances are so erratic that any forecast is simply useless. It depends 100% on how the lads wake up that day.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lose by 10 and neither would i if we win by 50.

15 Jurgen Visser, 14 Lukhanyo Am, 13 Stefan Watermeyer, 12 Shane Gates, 11 Wandile Mjekevu, 10 Louis Fouche, 9 Ntando Kebe, 8 Aidon Davis, 7 Thembelani Bholi, 6 Stefan Willemse, 5 JC Astle, 4 Steven Sykes (captain), 3 Jacobie Adriaanse, 2 Edgar Marutlulle, 1 Schalk Ferreira
Substitutes: 16 Martin Bezuidenhout, 17 Justin Ackerman, 18 Tom Botha, 19 Schalk Oelofse, 20 Jacques Engelbrecht, 21 Kevin Luiters, 22 Dewald Human, 23 JP du Plessis

Kings squad named. I see Mjekevu goes straight into the starting line-up having been loaned by the Sharks. I am a bit of a fan of Mjekevu really. I just don't think the Kings are the type of team that can make use of his pace. At the Sharks he has stiff competition for a wing berth with their 3 Bok wings and Sithole but IMO he is SR level which is something the team needs as I feel only their front row and captain Sykes are able to play at this level from the rest of the line-up. Their injuries certainly don't help.

I was about to argue in favour of our chances and suddenly i remembered our games against the SW.
Our performances are so erratic that any forecast is simply useless. It depends 100% on how the lads wake up that day.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lose by 10 and neither would i if we win by 50.

One of the games of the season that SW vs Jags. This one could be equally as thrilling.

Jaguares:

1- Santiago García Botta
2- Agustín Creevy (c)
3- Ramiro Herrera
4- Guido Petti
5- Tomás Lavanini
6- Tomás Lezana
7- Juan Manuel Leguizamón
8- Facundo Isa
9- Martín Landajo
10- Nicolás Sánchez
11- Emiliano Boffelli
12- Juan Martín Hernández
13- Segundo Tuculet
14- Matías Orlando
15- Joaquín Tuculet

16- Julián Montoya
17- Facundo Gigena
18- Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro
19- Matías Alemanno
20- Javier Ortega Desio
21- Felipe Ezcurra
22- Santiago González Iglesias
23- Ramiro Moyano

I was confident about a Jaguares win.
Now, I’m a bit unsure with the last changes:
13- Segundo Tuculet
14- Matías Orlando

However, I still go with Jaguares by 10.

Latest posts