• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] South Africa v Australia (01/10/2016)

Genia throwing it in at the scrum under his flankers feet. LOL

Strauss on the wing ? Holy $#@$#$ there's so much wrong with that LOL

V boring stuff. Can't believe i'm missing zwanze day for this. Off to the pub.

A win's a win; after 3 losses on the bounce. I think most Boks here would take it no matter how ugly it has been.

A win's a win; after 3 losses on the bounce. I think most Boks here would take it no matter how ugly it has been.

Yep. That's about the sum of it.
Not convincing! No tries! - if Steyn hadn't got his best boots on today......

Thats a couple of games since June where Oz look good, dominate territory and possession, then just seem to run out of ideas and fall onto the back foot. It's all a bit strange. Solid win for Boks given there were so many changes in their lineup. I thought they were tactically sound even if they'll be wanting better performances in future. I looked at AC's career history, which is quite impressive. I might have underestimated the guy.

Big result for the Bokke
Experience from Steyne steadied the ship and moved it away from the rocks of a wallaby win that looked on the cards in the first half, but that Kraal mentality ebbed forth in the 2nd half and the Bokke showed class and grunt at the set piece to dominate proceedings.
Not a pretty affair but a very Determined and deserved win.

See what happens when we play to our strengths? We actually have a chance at winning matches. Dull and Boring is fine by me if we manage to win. I found the drop goals very exciting!

Only saw the highlights of the game though due to my brother's wedding. So will watch the full match tonight after work.

M. Steyn is a safety net..

For the Boks its a case of having to take a few steps backwards before moving forward thus sometimes it's better to stick with your strengths in order to remain competitive (let's not forget the 20-18 scoreline in RWC semis was all by the boot of one Pollard, but 2 tries by the ABs.)

I will be echoing the TRF_stormer2010's sentiments of earlier this season when he predicted the Boks to being a bit weaker with our 1st & 2nd choice flyhalves out injured. This in spite of Jantjies' SR form. Those players missing for the Boks serves as the equivalent of Barrett & Cruden for the ABs and with the absence of any game-plan, the inclusion of a Naas Botha can still serve to inspire any team when lacking on all fronts.

See what happens when we play to our strengths? We actually have a chance at winning matches. Dull and Boring is fine by me if we manage to win. I found the drop goals very exciting!

Only saw the highlights of the game though due to my brother's wedding. So will watch the full match tonight after work.

People still do weddings ? :D

Latest posts