• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] Australia v Argentina (17/09/2016)

Travelling half the world week after week makes for a gruelling itinerary and the Pumas cannot be expected to back up high quality efforts week after week on the road.
They played hard against the AB's last week and it took a lot out of them then they had to pack their bags and head to the west island for another trot out.
It's a big ask and I don't think the last games have done anything to tarnish the Pumas achievements this year.
The Boks however have work to do before they host the AB's back in the republic.
Aussie are on the way back, 2 from 2 and everything seems so much rosier.
Cant think why the AB's have to play Aussie again before we have a break and then head north to Chicago

Wallabies still giving away far too many penalties, not competing like a test side at the breakdown and our tactical is still ****, but with the ball in hand we weren't too bad and the Argies were very ordinary tonight

Travelling half the world week after week makes for a gruelling itinerary and the Pumas cannot be expected to back up high quality efforts week after week on the road.
They played hard against the AB's last week and it took a lot out of them then they had to pack their bags and head to the west island for another trot out.
It's a big ask and I don't think the last games have done anything to tarnish the Pumas achievements this year.
The Boks however have work to do before they host the AB's back in the republic.
Aussie are on the way back, 2 from 2 and everything seems so much rosier.
Cant think why the AB's have to play Aussie again before we have a break and then head north to Chicago

Isn't it a Bledisloe match ? Bledisloe are always 3 matches right?

Aussies have huge talent in their back line and playing with the ball in hand comes naturally to them.
I think Cheika has made the right call to bring Qyade Cooper back into the side.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't it a Bledisloe match ? Bledisloe are always 3 matches right?

The Bleddy's a joke.
When Aussie finally won it 20 odd years ago under the great John Eales the ARU changed the rules to make it harder for us to win it back, just so Australian really, right up there with under arm bowling, so when we won it back a few years later they immediately said that we should change it back to how it was to which we replied, we'll change it back after we have held it for as many years you have had it since you changed the rules to make it harder to win. Then we'll change it back. It's been a long time between drinks for Oz.

Congrats Australia! (Although we really help you this time)

Horrible first 15 minutes for the Pumas. And then we were unable push back harder enough when Oz gave us the oportunity.
One more time its completely clear our lack of depth.
Also, I think that Australia's game plan is the one that made the Pumas feel more unconfortable.

Definitely Hansen, though Henry might of murmured similar.

Not sure how Cheika can responded differently tbh while his side isn't giving him ammo against the AB's, maybe say how awful Hansen's non-AB record is.

Just watched the clip again - the quote is definitely from Henry. Cheika even says "I don't care what Graham Henry says" and if you google it it seems likely that this is what they're referring to.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/s...e-worst-he-has-ever-seen-20160916-grih4y.html

In either case though, that comment would annoy any coach - particularly one that has taken his team to a RWC final and let's face it the Wallabies aren't doing much worse than anyone else in the world when it comes to playing NZ.

Spent the entire weekend avoiding talking about rugby with anyone to have this thrown at my face... Appalling stuff.

It was last years RWC semi agains Aus all over again. How can we not learn? This is not something very difficult to address. I can't be. Lack of focus at this level is simply unacceptable.
I honestly would like to see what the **** is going on inside that locker room 30 minutes before the game. How can it be that the players enter the field and many of them are visibly aloof. It's as if they are playing touch rugby on the beach as opposed to playing for their national teams. Embarrassing stuff.

Spent the entire weekend avoiding talking about rugby with anyone to have this thrown at my face... Appalling stuff.

It was last years RWC semi agains Aus all over again. How can we not learn? This is not something very difficult to address. I can't be. Lack of focus at this level is simply unacceptable.
I honestly would like to see what the **** is going on inside that locker room 30 minutes before the game. How can it be that the players enter the field and many of them are visibly aloof. It's as if they are playing touch rugby on the beach as opposed to playing for their national teams. Embarrassing stuff.

We feel your pain mate

Second week on the road it's a tough call. Aussie are no mugs and if teams let their guard down the Wallabies are more than capable of ripping their nightie. The Pumas look d little tired in their execution.
They are the heirs apparent of a bonafide 4th spot in the RC where they sit on the same level as the other three. However, away from home is still a big step for the Pumas from how they play the Wallabies or the AB's at home in Argentina. It's really great to see the Pumas going from strength to strength but you have to be fair to the boys. They are in the top league playing with the best teams on the planet week in and week out with HUGE travelling commitments. Its a big ask and you need to cut them some slack. The are making a monumental transition.

Just watched the clip again - the quote is definitely from Henry. Cheika even says "I don't care what Graham Henry says" and if you google it it seems likely that this is what they're referring to.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/s...e-worst-he-has-ever-seen-20160916-grih4y.html

In either case though, that comment would annoy any coach - particularly one that has taken his team to a RWC final and let's face it the Wallabies aren't doing much worse than anyone else in the world when it comes to playing NZ.

Here's the link to the whole interview

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/...aham-henry-concerns-for-state-of-world-rugby/

In fairness, he does talk abut the extra issues that both Australia and South Africa face, that New Zealand does not ... and when the Wallabies achieved so much at the RWC, and then lose (6?) on the trot, it is a concern

Aussies have huge talent in their back line and playing with the ball in hand comes naturally to them.
I think Cheika has made the right call to bring Qyade Cooper back into the side.

- - - Updated - - -

The Bleddy's a joke.
When Aussie finally won it 20 odd years ago under the great John Eales the ARU changed the rules to make it harder for us to win it back, just so Australian really, right up there with under arm bowling, so when we won it back a few years later they immediately said that we should change it back to how it was to which we replied, we'll change it back after we have held it for as many years you have had it since you changed the rules to make it harder to win. Then we'll change it back. It's been a long time between drinks for Oz.

FFS, why wouldn't you have an odd number of tests to decide the Bledisloe? You can't in this day in age suddenly schedule a decider if it's needed, as you need to schedule the grounds and sell them ticket thingies, sell the broadcast rights etc etc.

The All Blacks don't see the Bledisloe as a joke; they rank the RWC, then the Bledisloe, then the RC, in that order

Last edited:
Here's the link to the whole interview

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/...aham-henry-concerns-for-state-of-world-rugby/

In fairness, he does talk abut the extra issues that both Australia and South Africa face, that New Zealand does not ... and when the Wallabies achieved so much at the RWC, and then lose (6?) on the trot, it is a concern

FFS, why wouldn't you have an odd number of tests to decide the Bledisloe? You can't in this day in age suddenly schedule a decider if it's needed, as you need to schedule the grounds and sell them ticket thingies, sell the broadcast rights etc etc.

The All Blacks don't see the Bledisloe as a joke; they rank the RWC, then the Bledisloe, then the RC, in that order

It's a joke mate.
A contested Cup would be a good thing but the Bleddy has been on one side of the Tasman for so long it's become a barnacle on the backside of Blenheim.

Latest posts