• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool D: France vs. Ireland (11/10/2015)

I'm kind of amazed we're winning, I think we're really going to regret not scoring that try.

Seems like our luck with injuries has run out in a big way. At least Henderson isn't exactly a bad player.

Awesome defensive effort by France. Both sides look solid, Earls really did bomb a sure try though.

Again hope I wrong but Paulie I think your debut for Toulon will be off until Spring. It looks like the leg was trapped and crammed.

Owens isn't have the best of games. Been disappointed with his ref'in this World Cup.

What an intense game. Injury free France could nab this.

I think they will yeah. Our backs are awful man. Earls- no need to comment, Henshaw-Terribly overrated poor decision making, Madigan-Livewire but poor decision making.

Paulie's career is over. Sexton's world cup is overe.

I think Ireland can wave the world cup goodbye, the 2 players that they didn't want injured. Think France will take this now

Massive losing both POC and Sexton - if not for their rugby skills but two of their real leaders.

Earls' defence is still awful - France's Fijian winger swatted him away like wafting away a bad smell earlier.

I think they will yeah. Our backs are awful man. Earls- no need to comment, Henshaw-Terribly overrated poor decision making, Madigan-Livewire but poor decision making.

Paulie's career is over. Sexton's world cup is overe.

Are you serious? Centres (excluding Earls error) have been very good. Madigan playing very good.

Time for guys like POM Best and Heaslip to step up as true leaders now and steer it home.

Ah look, O'Connell is a great leader, but at this point in his career Hendo is a better player. Tournaments are weird, you lose O'Connell's leadership, but you can a certain impetuous to "do it for Paulie." Best is a capable leader, as is Heaslip and there are plenty of other old heads in this side. No panic, let's just get back out and beat the French.

Massive losing both POC and Sexton - if not for their rugby skills but two of their real leaders.

Earls' defence is still awful - France's Fijian winger swatted him away like wafting away a bad smell earlier.

The Fijian was still going backwards. Always easy to swat like that but well the general consensus in media is the centres are holding their own well. I get it you don't rate Earls but easy to swat a guy away when retreating.

Bad luck on POC and Sexton, hope POC isn't as bad as it looks. I feel really bad for the poor guy.

France superb in defence, Ireland unfortunately look like they have nothing to counter that except kicks, not for the first time; remind me a bit of England the way their forwards are taking the ball static. There was that excellent strike move as well, not surprisingly they obviously targeted Michelak's channel and lo and behold he didn't disappoint!

France also taking the up and unders brilliantly and both teams strong on the floor, with a bit of leniency from Owens in that regard maybe.

Cheap shot from SOB too. Just saw it on the half time analysis.

Right there - definition of a sucker punch. What a tool. Reckon he'll be getting the attention of the law for that one...

I'll agree that it's an unfair criticism, but he absolutely isn't a great player.

He does have ****ing awful hands though.

I mean thick in terms of Rugby not his personal intellect. He's constantly prone to making blunders when the pressure is on, bad decisions, knock ons, etc. I would't mind if "these things happen" once and a while, not every game.

That is potentially the match.

Was it a proper punch?
They mentioned it on commentary but I went to get a drink at halftime and missed them showing it.

Ah look, O'Connell is a great leader, but at this point in his career Hendo is a better player. Tournaments are weird, you lose O'Connell's leadership, but you can a certain impetuous to "do it for Paulie." Best is a capable leader, as is Heaslip and there are plenty of other old heads in this side. No panic, let's just get back out and beat the French.

You loose a massive amount in lineout knowledge, on field leadership and well POC was among our top tacklers in 1st half.

If France go on to win this Scotland could be the last home nation still left in the tournament come next Sunday.

Latest posts